Oxygen Not Included: Klei space colony sim

Wait, this is some sort of Job System? When @rhamorim made his post I didn’t click the link because I thought it was cosmetic. This actually sounds really cool!

That does sound like an interesting addition - I too thought it was simply adding TF2 hats (or that @lordkosc was just being funny).

There are more rooms too, Latrine, Barracks, Mess Hall, MedBay from before, but now:

Power Plant: +power
Greenhouse: +growth
Machineshop: +fabrication *
RecRoom: no more massage tables in the lunch room?

'* since most machine use animations look like punching to me, maybe Anger Management Room?

I believe all but the rec room are associated with job levels, ie the rooms don’t work without the right dupe with the right job.

Job system update is officially out, BTW. The hats are awesome but I suck at this game. ;)

Binging hard on this game. Really amazing colony builder, big fan of his genre and this particular game, although I also suck at it. Any idea how much more they plan to cram in before official release?

Cosmic Upgrade

I love what I saw of this game (jeez, like a year ago? When it first hit EA) but I don’t want to play too much until launch.

Also, I secretly hope they spruce up the UI. It’s pretty dull right now*.

*Er, “now” as in “last time I tried it” I suppose.

It’s still the same UI, just with more stuff.

Yeah, the UI is still a little grey and the font is kind of … bad, I guess. At least to me. It’s very Rim World, so maybe they are doing it on purpose, but I have hopes that it will be a little brighter or punchier or … prettier? Something. Some day!

Indeed, feels just like RimWorld and everytime they add something new to it it feels lik they clutter it more.

Man, I’ve been digging this game. It still has some problems, some of them fundamental to the gameplay, but it’s really a blast. It’s already in my top 12 or so games on Steam by playtime and pretty soon it’ll be top 8.

70 hours and counting.

Of course, if Steam had always measured playtime, and I’d been counting since I was a kid, that wouldn’t be much, lol. But with my adult life, that’s a lot of time.

I love this game. It is really addictive. It’s “Systems Engineering. The game!”. I recently started playing again when I saw the cosmic update where you can dig up to the surface. Haven’t started digging up yet, but I am enjoying the ranching stuff they added in the last few updates.

Duplicants have new powers of self expression and are now more aware of the colony, themselves, and even their peers. New animations, expressions, and interactions have been added to help the Duplicants convey what’s happening to and around them.

So they are getting LIKES! :p

I may not have the right words but err, how chill is this game now? I remember passing because it looked like a plate spinning clicky style game*. Is that wrong?

*nothing wrong with that, just not my bag.

It’s not any sort of real time click-fest if that’s what you’re worried about. You’re not clicking to directly control your guys. You are clicking to draw plans and set priorities, etc. You can pause at will.

Generally when I play there a long period where I’m paused while thinking about systems and drawing the orders to mine, build, etc. to create them. Then when things look right I un-pause to watch my guys do their thing. Then either in real time or paused I maybe tweak priorities to make sure things are getting done properly. While my guys are working I’m flipping through overlays to make sure everything is running well, vents are venting and pipes are piping and all that. Then as the current project is getting completed I starting thinking about and drawing up the next one.

Perfect thanks! Buying :)

Say goodbye to your weekend.

My first suggestion is 2 toilets, asap.

I haven’t played since the current update, but here’s the game I left off on some weeks ago after the cosmic update.

Cycle 98. Five guys. I’ve got a pretty good food stockpile. Reliable oxygen generation. No heating problems as I collected lots of wheezleworts from nearby ice biomes. I’ve got a natural gas geyser nearby that I’ve started planning to exploit with a natural gas generator, but with coal and hydrogen my current power needs are met so I haven’t finished that project yet.