What Non-Liberals Dislike About Liberalism (restored)

Ah I get it. You’re a troll. Do not feed.

Not at all. Do students have the power to censor?

Teiman? I don’t think you can really call Teiman a troll. He’s somewhat eccentric, but not a troll.

Absolutelly. If they can get a university professor in trouble. That will force all others to self-censor themselves.

Well, let me ask you this, you is paying for the service or work? In the US, the students are paying for the education. Within limits it doesn’t seem wrong to ask for reasonable accommodation.

Now, I am a huge proponent of Publicly funded education, and if the students are getting the education for free, they can just suck it up. But as long as they are paying for it, then yes, they get to have the last word.

Is this the “Nurember Defense”? Is not ethically wrong because everyone is just doing their job?

No, it’s the customer service defense. In a free market, the market decides.

Those who pay make the rules. Pretty obvious, don’t you think?

Is their country, the Germans decide.

OK, I’m not enough of a regular here to know. But when I see non-sequiturs (Youtube=liberals?) followed by ridiculously over-the-top straw-manning and goalpost shifting I assume the poster is either eye-rollingly obtuse or deliberately trolling.

Hollywood, San Francisco, The Silicon Valley. - Well know fortress of the Conservatives.

If it’s publically funded, then student get what they pay for.

But in the US, it’s student funded. They are the customer. They make the rules. Thats just free market economy. You have to be a Communist to think otherwise.

Is ethically wrong and is censorship. And the thread asked for “why people dislike liberals”. So heres that one example: they love love love censorship.

Silicon Valley is nothing but hub for industristist who make policy based upon two things. What makes customers happy and what improves the bottom line.

Gay rights, that makes customers and employees happy. Free trade, that improves the bottom line.

They are interested in stability and calm, traits emphasized by the conservative side of the Spectrum. Nothing wrong with that, just not liberal.

You’re basically arguing that speech is fascism. You see that, right?

First, no. I am liberal, I hate censorship, because I want to people to speak their mind. That allows me to make better choices.

I give you an example. I was looking to buy fire wood, and one garage had a firewood sign, and it was a great price. He also had a Confederate flag. It was great. With that one example of free speech, I knew right away that I would never buy fire wood from that guy. Ever!

I want more speech. I want to people to freely say how racists or homophobic they are, so I can act against them.

Using your free speech to have other people free speech removed seems pretty fascist to me.

They don’t argue with the profesor, they get to their boss and ask their boss to fire him. Thats very different thing.

What? Free speech is only impacted by governments. We individuals have the freedom to give out consequences for free speech. That’s why so many Trump supporters get booted out of restaurants. That’s the population in action. That’s the opposite of Fasism, where corporations and government work to control the public.

though it’s worth noting some liberals (hello!) absolutely do also support government restriction of dangerous speech!

Well, right now you’re using your speech to get students to constrain their speech. Is that fascist?

Of all the nonsense arguments that have arrived on the right, that students are imbued with great power and threaten democracy and freedom has to be among the dumbest. That, and the idea that if someone refuses to let you use their microphone, you’ve been oppressed.

This is a obsolete definition and absurd on the modern world. If you are a youtuber and your communication channel is youtube, and your economic is around youtube. Youtube is basically the governement for you. They pose the rules.