What Non-Liberals Dislike About Liberalism (restored)

No, it’s today’s definition. Language changes but not to whatever random ideas you have.

As an aside, if a professor doesn’t let me speak in class, is that the professor being fascist?

Yes, we are not free to speak without consequences. We’re merely free to speak without the government censoring us.

Are you arguing for the fun of it?

I can’t get these students expelled from that university, but they can absolutelly can get the professor fired.

You can get them expell, or you can fail them.

Or you are a terrible professor and should be teaching.

They have no power to fire the professor. Of course they can complain - they have a right to complain, complaints are free speech - and if the professor’s employer agrees the complaint is serious enough, that employer should do something. None of this is fascism. And if you think that the students should only be permitted to complain to the perpetrator, rather than his employers, then you’re just engaging in nonsense. Try that shit at work, when your boss sexually harasses you. Just complain to him and no one else, see what that gets you.

The thing you don’t mention is that in the US most professors in public institutions probably belong to a union or have contracts which prohibit them from being fired. Fresno State has been lucky enough to have two teachers make national headlines with their statements in the last year or so. Neither was fired, both are still employed.

Now both made comments that enraged the right, one wishing for Trumps death and one saying some pretty mean things about Barbara Bush after she died. Of course the left defended both of them, as did the union.

Okay, what does this have to do with the current discussion?

I asked for examples of liberal fascism. I got students. That’s it.

You don’t see anything wrong.

I read that entire link, and I confess I found no professors. I don’t think I even found any students.

Put your big boy pants. Are you ready to talk politics?

I don’t know what you see here, but I get a big
“This video contains content from KING RECORD CO., LTD., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds”

Somebody has given artist the power to censor this video so it can’t access it. Somebody has written a algorithm to automatically detect some content, and automatically censor it.

Liberals make alliances, and one evil alliance they often made, is with content creators, like mass media companies, hollywood and the like. So when liberals make laws, they give these poeple more power to censor, to control, to restrict free speech, to create tall walls and control people publish speech.

What does that article have to do with students, liberals or free speech? A company fired its employee because she argued with a fan.

Nothing but @Teiman seems to hate it when powerful people get called our (rightly or wrongly), and would rather if we just obey those in charge.

Never let the little person have a voice. They don’t deserve it.

An old man has a number of sons who constantly quarrel with each other. As he nears death he calls them to him and gives them an object lesson in the need for unity. Having bound a bundle of sticks together (or in other accounts either spears or arrows), he asks his sons to break them. When they fail, he undoes the bundle and either breaks each stick singly or gets his sons to do so. In the same way, he teaches them, though each can be overcome alone, they are invincible combined.

Quick, tell the one about 3 pigs with the lesson being, build with bricks!

I am dissapointed you can’t break your programming

Liberals are responsible for copyright law? Really?

Do you have any examples of liberals who gain power and then lock up all their political opponents? Or shut down the newspapers that don’t agree with them? Or ban all other political parties? I mean, let’s get some fascism on here.

I can’t do that, because liberalism is not fascism. So they don’t do that. They do some things fascist do, but they don’t run the whole society in the dirt like fascist do.

Fuck this thread. I am done with it.