Pacific Rim Uprising - Finn and kaiju

Might as well break this off onto its own thread, now that we have an official trailer.

John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Jing Tian, Cailee Spaeny, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Adria Arjona and Charlie Day.

Directed by Steven S. DeKnight (Daredevil and Spartacus TV shows)

Yes. YES.

::hands box of tissues to Brian:: :)

Watching this, if I hadn’t of known by the thread title, I would have said it’s the next Transformers movie.

I like that everything is “readable” in the action. The first movie had a lot of overly dark, murky action scenes. The climactic fight in an underwater vortex was particularly inscrutable. This looks like what I want out of giant robots punching giant monsters.

Unfortunately it also looks like they’ve shown us the whole movie in the trailer. Why the hell do you show the big reveal in a trailer?

So I was right in not watching the trailer. I usually don’t if I’m really interested in the movie.

Ok so now we have a Pacific Rim franchise and a Godzilla/Ridiculously huge King Kong franchise.

When are we getting our giant monster game! ?! Sparky, help us!

https://www.amazon.com/King-Tokyo-New-Board-Game/dp/B01F46RPS4

Oh, did you mean some kinda lame-ass computer game. Sorry, can’t help you there ;-)

Hated the first movie, will hate this one.

Then GTFO.

I just lit the fuse on my youngest kid (16). He’s losing his shit over this trailer right now. :D

Just noticed its mostly set in daylight. Hell yeah! That was my only complaint from the first one, too dark. Can’t wait!

Lincoln…

All I’ve got to go on is this trailer, obviously, but I’m already worried it looks a bit cheesier in the light of day.

The person who signed off on the trailer screwed up not using the original’s main theme.

Looks kind of silly, but my 10yo was drooling over it (he also loves the Transformers movies, even the newest one).

Fuck. Yes.

I’m so jazzed for this… jeez…

Meh. The effects still look cheesier than the first, is it just that the flaws are worse in daylight? Beyond that, PR1 just had to exist to be fun because there wasn’t anything else modern like it. This one needs to actually be good.

I disagree. This doesn’t need to be good, it just has to exist!