Paradox Announces Cities: Skyline - Huge Cities, Offline Play, & More!

I’d like to see sales figures for the expansions, I know very few friends picked up Snowfall, and only 2 got the cosmetic building dlc.

This new dlc should have given the disasters away free for all owners, and added something else more significant.

Why are they so stubborn about adding content with substance? Like the traffic stuff we’ve all been asking for since the game was released. Or better back-end simulations?

I can only imagine that it is a limitation of their engine, and that can’t make significant changes without more work than they can afford to do on it (or they are saving it for Skylines 2).

Except with traffic, modders did 95% of the work already. There are some issues that held up a perfect integration on the mod side, so Colossal Order could have paid those modders a nominal fee for their work and integrated it properly. They did that with other mod packs we didn’t ask for. Same thing with proper Seasons rotation. Based on their responses at times it almost feels like Colossal Order is saying “you won’t tell US what do in a DLC!”.

Natural Disasters came out yesterday! I myself do not care! :p

Xbox One and PS4 version launching this spring.

Port done by Tantalus Media. The After Dark DLC comes with the console version, the other two main DLCs do not. No word on if they will be available later.

Another DLC expansion which will be accompanied by a free update.

[quote]
Sick Transit, Glorious Money: Add a wealth of new transit options to your city, and add wealth to your city’s income! Let your citizens get across town in ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails!

Orderly Hub, Bub: New mass transit hubs can bring all of your services together, letting citizens change rail lines in one building, or hop from the bus onto the ferry, or even find their way through a sprawling monorail-train- metro station.

Become a Roads Scholar: Explore a set of new challenge scenarios focused on solving traffic problems and adding new transit systems. New road types, bridges and canals adds variety to your city, and new ways to solve its challenges. Become an expert in traffic flow, and then use that knowledge to improve your city!

New Hats for Chirper: NEW. HATS. FOR CHIRPER. (And also new unique buildings, policies and achievements. But HATS!)[/quote]

The free update content hasn’t been announced yet, but we know at least one big change for the game that everyone will get:

[quote]

• Emergency vehicles will now overtake cars on the road.[/quote]

Maybe the challenge scenarios will give me a reason to play this again at some point. They might make it more of a game and less of a creative endeavor to build a city just because it looks cool.

This is a surprise, I had assumed that their plan was to make DLC that didn’t mess with the underlying transport systems as all of that work was going into Cities 2. But now we get new modes of the transport (including blimps!).

Hmmm, so does this mean they’re going to fix/overhaul the traffic system? Along the lines of the excellent traffic mod that was abandoned? If not, then I’m not quite sure (outside of specific scenarios) this will be all that great. Cautiously optimistic.

2-year anniversary.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Citites-two-years/

Everyone gets a free bit of DLC:

[quote]
The pack, titled “Pearls from the East,” will bring a splash of style to mayor-players’ cities with three new buildings: a Panda Zoo, a Chinese Temple, and the Shanghai Pearl Tower, and will be available soon.[/quote]

It’s taken me two years but i’ve finally figured out what i want from Skylines: a pre-built city. I don’t want to start from scratch. I’m busy, i’m middle age, i don’t have time to grind and/or design a city in its entirety. What i want to do is start with a big city already built and then play around the edges. Pseudo-realistic cities based on real places? Even better.

Have you found this? I have to admit I’m not sure there would be enough “game” doing only that, but I’m intrigued.

I know people used to upload saves primed to get various cheevos. Not what Enidigm is looking for since the sought after ones were in the category of “your city is in deep trouble and must maintain this really bad number for X time”.

I would imagine the hard part was getting a city not dependent on some subset of custom mods. Some builders do use maps based on real locations. But I think it should be doable in the community.

The mod situation in the game is a bloody mess. Most of what I try to load just doesn’t work so I had to skip all but what some people said specifically works together. Almost defeats the purpose of a mod system when so much won’t actually work with everything else.

Up for preorder on console.

What is the consensus on the previous expansions?

There was a lot of disappointment with After Dark for example about crime and tourists not impacting anything meaningful. Still the case?

The newly announced DLC will possibly be my first purchase.

Ok well I gave in and bought After Dark and the Snow Snow DLC with the Paradox sale going on.

Enjoying things so far but a bit annoyed the devs felt the need to add a popup for snowy road conditions - I can see my roads are covered in snow I don’t need a billion icons telling me that and ruining the aesthetic of my small snowy town.

http://i.imgur.com/eqYFmnf.jpg

I recently reinstalled and got seriously annoyed with the blue haze that was part of the “dynamic weather” update. Have they undone that or is it still there?

As far as I know it’s still there as I just freshly installed the game yesterday.