Paradox Announces Cities: Skyline - Huge Cities, Offline Play, & More!

Moar trailer , I wonder if transport only by blimp is feasible.

According to CDkeys, the Mass Transit expansion is going to have a base cost of $25.99. That is the same price as the game itself. Unless they reworked traffic to include all the great things modders were trying to accomplish, this feels very overpriced.

Probably an error on their side, I don’t think any of the DLCs have been more than 14.99. Of which I also feel are a bit overpriced for what they offer.

No matter what they have added so far, the game still feels an inch deep and mile wide. :(

Snowfall was disappointing and I haven’t really gone back, after spending a few hours with that DLC.

Mass Transit is out!

I wonder if they tightened up the game so there’s a better fiscal and population challenge now?

Coming to consoles this year. Crazy sauce.

I don’t even know what this is about.

It seems it’s somewhat akin to the “disasters” in SimCity, since it seems focused on “big events” in your city and all the chaos that kind of thing causes in transit and infrastructure. I think.

Wow, its exactly what almost no one wants in Cities Skylines. :|

“Grow Band Popularity”?

It’s an interesting take on the “disaster” events, though. Given the clusterfucks of traffic around where I live when there’s a large concert, maybe the local transportation board should play some of this expansion.

Yeah I actually like the idea of building venues especially if they could do something to the local economy, and managing traffic around them would be aces.

But growing band popularity, that’s where I’m like… hmm.

I originally thought that DLC could pull me back into the game after building 1 city at release, but as each DLC comes out it reinforces my suspicions that I don’t think I’ll want to play this game again.

The Mass Transit one looked like a real expansion to me. Not that I have played it.

This one looks a bit more substantial.

Cities: Skylines - Green Cities is adding new ways for players to build earth-friendly towns. The expansion adds 350 new assets to the core game, adding a massive selection of new visual options, complete with eco-friendly buildings, organic shops, electric vehicles, and new services designed to make pollution a quaint notion of the past.

Players can create more diversified cities, or go completely green as the urban population grows.New in-game services and buildings arrive alongside revisions to noise and environmental pollution, making the skies safer for Chirper at last.

Modders have really turned this game into impressive visual feast. Many of the screen shots and videos shared on the reddit thread are incredibly photorealistic. https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylines/ Almost all of them hand place everything now, but this youtube series demonstrates an aesthetically pleasing city without using any mods.

And then there are people like this:

Launch trailer for the new dlc:

This is mesmerizing and useful:

That’s really cool. From 5 minutes on it gets crazy, are these civil engineers playing the game?

Look at 4:52, you can see the standard cloverleaf is pretty broken (merging traffic is crossing two lanes of oncoming traffic, creating a jam). Compelling reason to use mods, I guess.