Paranormal Activity

I thought Blair Witch was lame but I can understand others liking it. You buy into it or you don’t. About halfway through I stopped buying into it.

So is this flick one of those movies that, if the people were sane, they’d pack up and leave the house but instead stay? I remember Eddie Murphy’s schtick about Amityville Horror. I’d be like that too.

It’s definitely not that simple in this movie. That is all I can say outside a spoiler thread.

No, it isn’t.

I’m not really a person who follows movie releases, and I had never heard of this movie until just now reading this thread. I went to check if any nearby theaters had it, and it turns out one place in town was showing it…only two showings…this past Friday and Saturday. Damn, missed it! I really want to see this.

Hey I wish I could see this movie. Too bad I live in Boston, where it’s not showing.

This is why piracy happens.

Agreed, this sort of release (I’m guessing for marketing reasons?) just seems silly as it’ll get pirated to hell and back before it’s even possible to view in most places.

from what i can see it played in nyc last week for one showing.

so, uh, thanks, movie studio

Its expanding to 20 more cities: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/33761/exclusive-note-fans-paranormal-activity-release-expands

It’s playing in Detroit, wheee.

I still they’re they’re stupid for this sort of release method. It’s like they’re doing everything they can to sabotage its success.

to be honest i’m just glad that i get to see it on a big screen, unlike deadgirl, which showed twice here in nyc at midnight screenings then vanished.

Deadgirl popped up on Netflix instant at least.

There was apparently a showing in Boston last week that I missed. You needed to get tickets off some website of craigslist.

Whatever I had to illegally download Shaun of the Dead to see it, this will be no different. I eventually bought the DVD when it hit stores. Fuck you kindly, Paramount.

i just watched it last night. it was pretty good but kind of ultimately not that satisfying.

Got to see Paranormal Activity tonight in Denver. I don’t know that it quite lives up to the hype, but it was solid. I liked it, as did my friends.

This is one of those movies I wish I saw with a date. I can imagine most girls will want to grab onto you for dear life. It’s pretty creepy.

You’re lucky you didn’t see deadgirl, it was trash.

Lincoln Center is showing this next monday @ 7pm if you’re in NYC as part of their Scary Movies series.

http://www.filmlinc.com/wrt/onsale/scary3.html

Supposedly, if they get over 1,000,000 “Demands” on Eventful, they’ll open nationwide.

http://eventful.com/paranormalactivity

probably marketing hokum to drive “eventful” but i risked a fake email address to “demand” it

I actually used a real email address a couple weeks back, and am not regretting it. I’ve gotten a few “Here’s what’s going on in your area that you might be interested in” emails, but I think not more than one per week, and mostly they were probably right in that I WOULD enjoy that stuff, but I haven’t caught one yet.

Is this movie heavy on the shakycam? My wife would’ve loved Blair Witch, except the camera movement made her sick to the point that she had to leave. And we made it through Cloverfield at home by watching it on our small upstairs TV.

So… Theater, or best to wait for DVD?

Shakeycam is less of a problem than Blair or Cloverfield, but it pops up at times.