Parkasaurus - Cheesehead Wearing T-Rex Eats Tourist

Parkasaurus launched in EA today.

Of all the Zoo Tycoon Meets Jurassic Park games, this is the one that I have held out the most hope for. The art style is cute, they should not be hamstrung with a Jurassic Park license and they have generally seemed to “get it” when it comes to these types of games. It is an unproven team and we all know how early reviews tend to be unreliable but so far everything seems positive. It might be worth tracking. I have been looking for a Zoo Tycoon type game for quite some time and would like one to finally roll out that is not disappointing.

Any game that has a T-Rex wearing a cheese head has good potential.

Yep, wishlisted this awhile ago, thanks for making a thread on it!

Currently 53 out of 53 reviews are positive. That is rather impressive especially that I know a couple of the reviewers. This may turn into a must-buy for me.

Wow. 120 reviews, 100% positive.

If I were not in the middle of a Divinity 2 campaign I would buy this immediately.

1.0 has been released!

I picked this up yesterday and so far it’s been quite charming. Only played about an hour so far but I like what I see so far.

I’ve read its really easy once you get the basics down, and that the game needs more challenge.

Looks like this is getting DLC soon.

I dropped this from my wishlist when I learned there was no active pause. Is that still the case?

@Charlatan is our only hope to answer this question! Also @Granath did you ever pick this up?

It would surprise me to learn that this game was paced in such a way that an active pause was needed. Most sim builders of this sort don’t need such a thing because it’s rarely the case that a quick reaction is needed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about active pauses (I can’t play RTS’s without them!), but I don’t see the necessity in something like Anno or Theme Park. Doesn’t mean one shouldn’t be included I suppose, but definitely not a dealbreaker for me.

Here you go!

That should answer your question - Have fun!

(Oh - since this is an experimental feature the article mentions, I should say that active pause is there, in the game).

Gracias