Party Down parties on!

Just watched the first episode last night and really enjoyed it.

“I forgot your name.”
“That’s weird because people usually remember it.”
“What is it?”
“Scrotum Phillips.”

And then Lizzy caps it off with a short “Ha.”

What a great cast too. Can’t wait to watch the rest!

FYI, Lizzy is very, very naked very, very frequently in the first season of True Blood, a far inferior show.

Just watching this now as part of my sitcom block on Tuesdays and Thursdays for my Summer TV Schedule. I didn’t realize it was Rob Thomas. Clearly someone should have told me. I mean, someone other than the second post in. That wasn’t enough! Bold! It needed to be in bold! Also, written by Paul Rudd? Directed by Fred Savage? Hello!

I love Enrico Colantoni.

Never needed to see his dong.

Love just about everyone on the show and most of the writing, but the boss is pretty much the same as every boss we’ve seen in any office show since the BBC’s Office. Which is too bad, because I actually do like Ken Marino. He’s great on Reaper. It’s just that Reaper has the exact same character in the form of Ted. So I hope that they switch that little trope up eventually.

The season finale will provide you with a little of what you’re hoping for, I think.

Yeah. I mean they handled it in the first episode Coolidge was in like she was just filling in for the day and then the next (final) episode as if she was a regular part of the crew. And since she’s basically playing the same character, it’s just weird.

We pegged that as a good sign for glee, though.

I didn’t even notice it. I mean, the two of them are practically identical.

“Tweak me!”

Good news, everyone! The second season starts either this Friday or two weeks from that (depending on who you believe), but there’s been reports of leakage… Maurice Levy has a cameo, is all I’m saying.

Oh wow I thought it’d been cancelled since Adam Scott didn’t even mention it on an Adam Carolla podcast late last year.

Thank God. I was about to go into Martin Starr withdrawl.*

A Starz press release seems to indicate 4/23 for Party Down s2. But that press release is nearly three months old and the actual page to which I linked has a link to their Cupid fan page, so what do they know? Cupid got canceled twice!

*There is no such thing as Martin Starr withdrawl.

I just got my season 1 DVD.

First episode of season 2 just recently showed up on Netflix streaming.

“I want to be called Dennis.”

Most of the male cast of Party Down were on the latest I Love Movies. Ken’s kind of a regular, so he and Adam are pretty hilarious. Martin spends the entire time sounding as if he wishes God would murder him.

…and we’re back to Ron being a complete punchline. Ugh.

He always was.

Woo J.K. Simmons returned! Fred Savage has a hot wife! Lizzy Caplan is banned from Qt3!

Sadly if there is a season 3 Adam Scott won’t be able to do more than 4 episodes because he’s going to have a recurring role on Parks and Recreation. Good for him though, I might actually bear the horror that is Amy Poehler if he’s on it.

Lizzy Caplan and the blonde guy have committed to pilots, so if those get picked up, their involvement in a potential season three would be minimal.

Anyone know what day of the week the new episodes go up on Netflix?

Thursday or Friday. Pretty sure they’re on Netflix before they air.

Party Down: the awesome show that people keep leaving to be on much worse shows :(.

Turns out Lizzy Caplan was just guest starring in a pilot, and is fully committed to a third season.

Also, next week’s episode – “Steve Guttenberg’s Party” – is available on On Demand as part of some HD Starz sampler; it might just be the best half-hour of comedy I’ve seen all years. IMO it’s the best episode of the entire series thus far.