Pata -pata -pata PON!

Patapon

It’s a rhythm game, that plays like a lemmings combat platformer.

This might be the game to convince me to finally get a PSP.
Any thoughts?

That was…surreal.

Recently reviewed on Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=90341

It certainly sounds intriguing…

Wendelius

The basic game mechanics definitely sound very interesting. The replay levels over-and-over bit less so. Still if it comes out at $30, there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

The official price of the game is $20, FYI.

-Julian

Excellent!

I’ve been singing this tune, and annoying the hell out of anyone around me when I do, since watching a trailer a month ago. It’s got Force Factor 10 earworm potential.

It’s by the gang who did LocoRoco, which is just a barrel of weirdness, so the Japanosity of Patapon should be surprising to absolutely no one.

I was planning on picking this up soon after release, and the announced $19 price point just made that an easier decision to make.

The PSP is definitely going to rock these few months with this, God of War and Final Fantasy. Very much looking forward to all of them.

We were discussing this a bit at work… it certainly looks funky, I watched some Youtube videos and dug the funky art-style (we were trying to figure out if it came from anyone in particular and located some really odd flash video/animations).

Anyway, looks like a bit of fun (and even some strategy & tactics & rhythm).

— Alan

Fuck yeah! I’m in!

Pata, pata, pata, PON

I need a PSP.

I’m glad that the Loco Roco -lings have evolved into using basic tools and weapons.

Played it a couple weeks back. Not my thing at all. It’s cute, and has a great art style, but it really doesn’t feel like you’re playing much of a game. It’s just a rhythm game with cool graphics and no licensed songs.

Certainly unique, but they should have spent more time making it fun.

Preordered.

Hope this is budget priced for Europe as well, if it is, i’m in!

Anyone got an opinion yet?

The demo is out you can get it from your PC or PS3 and transfer to the PSP. It’s amazing! Like the little Locos couldn’t take it anymore and got organzied with weapons, but still keep their musical nature. The demo actually has a surprising bit of playability in it. Very polished title and one I’m very much looking forward to especially for only $20! Very odd mix of rythim-action-stragety with leveling, crafting and … birthing.

Respect the PATAPON

** Guess this guy doesn’t understand the concept of portability? (Unless it’s tethered for review)

It sounds like that guy understands professionalism - i.e., not playing games at work unless your job at the moment is to play that game.

Japanese TV ad