Path of Exile

Ossoboom (exploding skeleton necro) is into the 80s now and doing mid-level maps. Which means I’ve enjoyed the build enough to get to the new end-game content, the Maven - a creepy floating lady who likes to watch you fight.

Easy enough to start with, toggle a button on the map device and it captures that map’s boss for later. Except - the damn toggle is not very clear. It’s either bluish or reddish and I can’t see any indicator of which one is “on” and which is “off”. By trial and error I found that red=on, but man, they really could use a UI update there.

Anyway, once I beat the UI challenge, it was pretty simple, and after 3 maps you get to go fight all 3 of the captured bosses, which again was pretty easy. Apparently you can go up to 10 of them, though, and I fully expect that I’ll die at higher boss numbers simply due to the insane number of effects…either I’ll lag out or I’ll miss some key telegraph animation in the noise and get one-shot.

After beating the boss challenge you get to put points in the Atlas region skill tree, which I’m sure has some crazy min-max strategy to it, but I’m just kinda randomly picking the type of fights I like. First up, Invasion bosses, because who doesn’t like good old Invasion league?