Path of Exile

Yeah, I’m doing a sunder build (so, melee). I’m thinking I might wait til 38 so I could do a CWTD support with Immortal Call.

Yeah, mid-30s is solid for Lab. I like to do it after a3 and the first quest of a4 - Dominus is a decent test for “can I handle Izaro?” and the first quest of a4 is easy and gives a ton of XP and a free skill point.

If you’re not making a significant investment in crit - and what you described is definitely not - Resolute Technique is a no-brainer. It’s really, really awesome. Highly recommend.

Ok, cool. That tells me what I need to know. So I won’t worry at all about those nodes.

Here’s a rough look at what I’m thinking. Note that I have some axe nodes selected but not actually sure whether I will end up using axes or maces

Oh, and incidentally, the mobile app I used to make that tree is called POE Mate. It’s free, with a 2.99 sponsor pack that adds some cool features (including unlimited save slots).

I just did normal lab at…level 57. It was a cakewalk, unsurprisingly.

Man, these bosses, lol! Abbarath was…annoying, tons of physical damage from the meteor strikes. Ryslatha was little drama by comparison.

The Brine King? Could they give you any less area to work with? And so many adds! CWDT Frost Wall ended up being a hindrance in there on account of it blocking my spark projectiles and stopping it from actually clearing the trash, as well as hindering my movement in the tiny fighting space.

Switched over to Immortal Call/Enfeeble combo now, paired with a granite flask. Dropped Discipline for Wrath. Switched Stone Golem for Lightning and put that on a separate CWDT as well. Tried with Chaos Golem as well, but the 3% mitigation does not seem worth it.

At around 2.4k life/ES now, spark totem is at 2.3k DPS with Wrath up. It’s fairly creaming through the content, boss fights aside.

I had an Ungil’s Harmony ammy drop a while back - 100% increased global critical strike. I think that’s going to cement me going crit totem, rather than picking up Elemental Overload.

With Totem Mastery and no crit chance anywhere else, that should put my totems at near 40% crit chance, with the Annihilation crit notable within easy reach.

Thanks! When I get home I’ll check it out

Scored this bad boy a few minutes ago:

My build just got a rude wake-up call when I attempted my first red map. Precinct map (rogue exile bosses) I couldn’t get the first exile below 60% health. I don’t think I’ll be able to progress into reds until I manage to 6-link my armor. Which I know from experience means the end of the league. I guess I’ll just focus on farming some currency now; this is usually the point at which I give up and reroll my next build.

Very nice!
My summoner made through Act 5; portalled out twice in each boss fight, and in the first one (Innocence) I had to resummon some of the zombies. In A6 she found a Blood Reaper, which has lots of damage and damage protection but extra mana cost, maybe it would be good for a two-totem build?

That axe is suh-weet!

Dominus is down. The fight was chaotic (I had no clue what was going on in the first part) but not particularly stressful or dangerous.

On to act 4!

Stash tab sale this weekend!

Currency tab is a no-brainer. What about divination and essence?

It depends on just how much you play. The essence tab is particularly useful for sorting and upgrading; the divination doesn’t matter quite as much as you can always just ctrl-click them into any tab and when you see a light blue number it’s a full stack, turn it in. If you aren’t going to have dozens of essences and cards each league then they definitely don’t matter unless you play standard in which case you’ll want them eventually. If like me you just play the challenge leagues but unlike me you don’t play them hundreds of hours you probably don’t need anything other than currency and a premium tab or two for sales.

Frankly, I’d like to just turn in a bunch of my tabs that I no longer use now that I’ve learned not to hoard. I’d like to have currency, divination, essence, one of the quad tabs, and maybe 4 premium tabs for selling stuff. Instead I have 40 premium tabs + the three dedicated ones as I couldn’t handle vendoring slightly above average rares back when I started. I might want them for some character someday, right? I could lose 30 of those tabs and not really notice. I don’t mind the money I gave GGG as I play this game a ton and it’s so worth it, but I wish those 30 tabs were a shiny pet instead!

Thanks. I’m having fun with it. Thinking of getting some extra currency to do something cool like a portal effect.

I always seem to do a CI build, but tried a MoM life build this time. I feel squishy at 72 with max resists, 3700 life, 1800 unreserved mana, and 800 shield. I am wondering if I should be looking into a granite or basalt flask as I feel like it is the groups of fast hitting mobs that get me.

I logged in as my Dual Flame totem witch this morning. It was interesting trying to recreate my path through the Passive tree so that I’d get all the same nodes, and still be able to wear all my equipment. Apparently one of my blue gems, I think it was Faster Casting maybe, required really high dex, which I didn’t have except through a jewel I slotted with +20 dex. So I was forced to go to that jewel in order to keep using that skill.

I had to watch the video I originally used to make this Dual Totem witch in order to accurately trace my path. What’s interesting is that there’s hardly been any change since that 2.1 build. I thought the passive tree had more changes than this at 3.0, but I guess not.

I’ve not yet had the guts to go a CI build.

Pictures, just because. I have always thought this is a very good looking game. I know we always play at max zoom out, but there is a lot of great art direction and detail in this game:

Why you spend the coins with Navali:

Pin the tail on the Golem:

I accidentally did this once already. I got a silver coin, and then Navali had a glowing entry in her prophecy screen. Clicking on it didn’t seem to do much except her reciting some gibberish. But then in the course of play, her prophecy was fulfilled and I got a screen full of identify scrolls. I was rich rich rich!!!

Did she get added in a previous patch or in 3.0?

Yeah, 2.6 I think. Basically, there is no downside, spend your coins on seeking prophecies and you will be rewarded, via the odd additional challenge, great bounties.

In other news, weird shit is happening. I rolled Word of Reflection on my gloves after taking down normal lab, which spawns a copy of myself on hit, which uses some of my skills. But it seems to be having an odd effect on my golem, in that it makes my golem disappear. I still have the golem icon in my top left bar indicating it is summoned (currently by CWDT - level 2 CWDT and level 4 golem), but the golem itself seems to go AWOL when Word of Reflection triggers, which is all the time. That’s a bug, right?

Oh, and this dude has video summaries of the mechanics of many of the new bosses:

Check them out, even if you go into them blind the first time, they are quite handy in explaining all their skills and tells.

Because, yeah, sometimes in POE, knowledge is power, though when is that not true of boss fights?

Thanks for that! I’ll have look at it when I get home tonight.

I was reading further up this thread from last year, and my dual totem Witch finally died her first death at the Act 3 boss. And her health was draining so fast, but I couldn’t tell why. I eventually beat her but I still had no idea what was going on and what the boss was doing that was causing my health to drain so fast. You guys replied that it was some sort of blood rain and I had to take cover under something.

So if one of my hardcore characters ever gets there, I’d better look that up beforehand.

Yep, Dominus. In his second form, he rains down blood outside of a 20m or so area around him. As long as you stay close to him, you are all good. The blood rain killed me first time against him as well.