Path of Exile

You need to set your profile to public, or we can’t see it! :)

Go to account/privacy settings and uncheck the hide characters tab.

Got it! You should be able to see me now…

I’d been meaning to ask the same thing @Fozzle

The problem with that, for me, is that I don’t browse the web on the same computer…

As for the actual trading, is there a window like Diablo where both sides have to click accept, and the button resets if the other side changes anything?

Exactamundo.

Need. Auction. House.

Eh. I don’t mind having a little more friction in the transactions, which slows the velocity of trading significantly and keeps the markets a little more obscure.

It’s already annoying enough when some assholes decided to run a cornering scam on Meginord’s Girdle the other day when I was trying to buy the damn thing. No, pricks, I’m not dumb enough to pay 25c (lol) for a decent roll. I just left Poe.trade up with the live search until someone posted one for a more reasonable 2c (still overpriced, but at least it’s a near-perfect roll) and grabbed that.

The one good thing about not having an AH is that I can’t spend hours trolling it like I used to in WoW.

Question about breaches: these are just in endgame maps now?

From Diablo3, we know that a frictionless global marketplace is a huge problem.

That said, they should add COD in-game mail, or some way to trade at range in the UI without having to join a party and zone to another player’s hideout.

Auction houses work just fine without real money involved

It would work, yes, but I think the ancillary effects (basically of devaluing one’s own drops, because the removal of transaction friction will depress prices) would make the cure worse than the disease.

We saw exactly that in vanilla D3, which Blizzard foolishly tried to combat by making in-game drop rates for legendaries absurdly low. It sucked.

I like seeing other peoples’ hideouts. System works fine as it is…I just wish people were a little more proactive about using /afk and /dnd.

Incorrect. The real-money auction house we were all scared about was a complete non-issue in Diablo 3. The gold AH was a huuuuge problem, because it was global and frictionless. Due to such a huge marketplace being readily available, the developers made good loot extraordinarily rare, and the best way to equip your character wasn’t by killing monsters for their loot but for their gold and then buying the loot. It largely ruined the game.

ok, I stand corrected. If this was ever an issue in WoW, I was never aware of it, despite the amount of time I played. Why was the Diablo 3 economy so different?

Just finished act 5. The last fight wasn’t nearly as bad. Yeah, I died a few times, but most of those were readily avoidable, if I’d known the fight better.

Totally different loot philosophies. Nearly everything worthwhile in WoW is bind on pickup, or was when I played.

And in this game it feels like the most valuable items are white drops =)

Yes, most worthwhile loot in WoW cannot be traded. But really the problem in D3 was the market was global. That means you share the same market with millions of other players. This made it frighteningly efficient.

Because the game had such an efficient market, every piece of dropped loot would either be equipped or sold in the auction house. What were the repercussions of that? Well, they had to adjust the amount of loot entering the world so most of it sucked. And thus playing the auction house became the best way to equip your character-- not playing the game. It was a disaster.

Technically the PoE market is global (or at least regional), but since there’s no marketplace in-game at all and trading is a complete pain in the ass, most loot isn’t traded except at the highest end. And monsters can drop good shit.

So when should I be worrying about trading for loot in the first place. not until I get to endgame maps? I just did a boss in Act 8 that felt pretty rough (doedre?) and I’m worried I’m not geared at all correctly…

Which differences from ssf do you plan to take advantage of- not solo or not SF or both?

Partly depends on your build. If you are attack based, you should always be using an up to date weapon. It shouldn’t cost you more than 1c to get a “good enough” weapon of your current level. It should probably be replaced every 5 levels or so, although a great leveling weapon can go 10-15 levels. You probably won’t get one of those for 1c though other than maybe Geofri’s Baptism which I’ve definitely used for 15 levels in the past. It was getting a bit slow towards the end of that.

Otherwise, just trade to keep your resists capped and add life if you’re feeling a bit squishy. Mostly I try not to trade until maps except in those cases though. However, I will trade before the act 10 boss now, I’ve learned my lesson.

Whenever you feel like it, tbh. You can trade immediately, later, whenever, just depends on what fits your preferred playstyle.

Spending for a leveling weapon seems a bit much to me. I just keep an eye out for decent base items I can use turn blue. If I am lucky enough to get a decent rate drop, even better.

But even with the loot filter on the lowest setting, it frequently hides items that could make nice upgrades. Guess I need to fiddle with it.