Path of Exile

Not that I’ve found. I’m up into the tier 15 maps, and the only story stuff is about the Shaper. Harbingers still show up, and they are by far the most dangerous non-boss enemies, but if there’s any of their story floating around I’ve missed it.

The Harbinger story would be in the special Harbinger maps, not the standard T1-15 or Shaper maps. Not sure if anyone’s found much storytelling other than environmental storytelling in those though, haven’t heard recently.

I think I’ve pretty much hit the wall in Harbinger. Neither of my level 80+ guys are making any headway in the one tier 16 map I have (the Gorgon) and I don’t have the patience to grind for currency and/or levels to make them capable of further progress. Time for my usual several-week hiatus to other games, before the next league starts up in December.

There’s the stash sale, so bought myself the Currency, Essence, and Divination stash tabs just to make sure I toss some money at the game since it’s been such a great time. Unfortunate that I’m now distracted by a few other new releases that’ll keep me from enjoying my new fancy stash, but it sure cleans up my inventory.

Worth every penny

They’ve posted the Fall of Oriath art competition winners. Some pretty nice pieces in there!

This one’s my personal favorite, but lots of good ones.

Always in awe of artists. Pretty great work there.

FOTM Spectre Report - wickermen and tukohama vanguards are OP, especially now that spectres do not downscale. There’s probably going to be nerfings next patch (and for some other new monster types, apparently Kitava Heralds are super aggressive tanky melee dudes)

Almost everything in my tree is invested defensively, as a weird hybrid life/ES regen block build, with 2k life / 6k ES, ~68% block/sblock and ~2.2k ES regen with all buffs up. Also strongly emphasized chaos resist with the low life amount (~60%). My generic strategy is to run like a retard into the closest pack while the spectres catch up and burn everything to death. This occasionally results in death due to not all buffs being up (and, well, running into things like a retard being a poor survival strategy in general).

I started running red maps in my early 70s, cleared uber lab around 76, and guardians late 70s. Now with T16 spectres I can tear up T11 maps for somewhere on the order of 250k-300k XP/hour (more realistically 200k since I have the retard deaths).

Probably going to power level to 90 dumping the remaining of my points into ES so I can get to 7k ES before doing shaper and getting the currency to run uber Atziri.

Do you guys just grind maps or do you start buying then somewhere in yellow? I get so bored running the same maps over and over.

Holy crap. The hideout shown in the video in that post is incredible. I think I spent about 5 minutes moving my stash and the masters around for my hideout. This guy made a freakin’ work of art.

Buy them. I got kinda stuck around map tier 4-6 - could not get any connecting maps to drop, so started filling with purchases. I have left PoE for the last few weeks though, so have not progressed much further.

I gather it becomes less of a problem in mid and upper tier maps for some reason - generally improved drop rates, probably a driving factor.

That’s so weird. I almost never had to repeat maps unless I wanted to. A couple of things.

If you have an unidentified map, don’t ID it if you have a character that can handle most circumstances (White and yellow maps). You get a bonus for doing so.

Trading three of the same map to a vendor will upgrade it to the next tier.

Some maps just didn’t drop for me. Keep an eye on Zana’s inventory for any low level maps you can’t seem to find.

Yeah, I do those things. I think it’s more of a me problem - I’m just always kinda done with the game by the time I get there. There’s so little to look forward to in terms of progression, Uber trials are dumb, bleh.

Didn’t have a problem with those, but that’s how I felt about the one guardian I tried.

Huh, had no idea they were working on this. Seems promising!

All Stash Tabs on sale this weekend:

Rumors are that next content patch will bring (premium?) map stash tab. For more things to dump a few bucks on.

It will probably let me empty out another dozen standard tabs! (even if its only for normal, unrolled, 0 quality maps)

I want a map tab so badly. Not sure just how they’re going to manage to make that work though, at least for anything other than non-magic non-quality maps. How would rares stack, and how would I find the one I was after.

It’ll be interesting to see what they’ve come up with. Maybe sub-stashes for magic+ where you click on normal waterways, then all waterways maps you have show up.

Just started this today. I’m actually liking it better than Diablo 3.

That would be because it’s a better game.