Path of Exile

So that’s what it is! :)

Huh, next expansion looks interesting. I’m not grabbed by the new gems, but the league and endgame additions such as a sort of territory control meta-game on the maps look interesting. Hopefully a good amount of it comes into play in early maps, I tend to get tired of the grind before red maps. Some crazy items there too, such as new crafting? skills on rare items and the sort-of-5-link unique ring.

Edit: I missed the point of the ‘randomized’ maps. Seems like a weird term to use when all the maps already are. It’s really more of a randomized tileset mix based on the territory control meta-game. Nice for variety I think.

Path of Exile - War for the Atlas info page

1 minute explanation video for the Atlas

Definitely getting that ‘just one more hour’ feeling from this. How did I miss out until now?

Definitely. It’s a go at incentivizing filling out the atlas to allow pushing the blobs around, compared to the current vogue of targeted completion (i.e. basically skipping almost all raw T11-T15 maps in favor of running upshaped maps to focus map drops to specific tilesets)

Decided to grind out a few more challenges over the holiday.

That gives me 34 of 40 complete.

I’d ideally like to get 36, but not sure I’ll make it. I could probably do Uber Atziri if I bought a couple of the last fragment I need. Shaper is within reach, but I’d need to upgrade my gear a bit first. Flasks, 6L my armour, better jewels, stuff like that. Suspect I’l wuss out and recharge for the expansion. :)

I really, really wish GGG would put in some sort of offline trading mechanism. I’d love to sell stuff and participate in the economy more, but I just absolutely (irrationally) despise the idea of being interrupted in my gameplay to go get an item to sell it. Something like the old DAoC personal merchants would be great, where you can put a vendor in your hideout. grumble grumble

If you’re only after the challenges then just buy the kills (shaper/atziri). Search the forums (trade section for the league you’re in) for people who are selling kills, find a thread with lots of positive feedback, look up the terms, get the keys if necessary, and then contact the guy. I did this for uber atziri in Harbinger because I couldn’t be bothered making another character specifically for that encounter.

Yeah, that’s definitely an option I should consider. Need to decide how much it matters to me that I did it myself. ;)

Complete the following encounters (the second set)?
Those are all mechanics based boss kills.

At 33/40 myself, dunno if I want to dump 150c into an Uber Set (probably can complete, killed Shaper, but that’s a ton of bucks to dump). Think I’m planning on 8-mod maps, pantheon upgrades (still haven’t done that), and complete the encounters.

I’m loving this crit spectre/zombie/guardian summoner build with the recent spectre (and aura) saving changes and the new 3.0 solar guards (from act 9) to summon. I’m playing it a bit slow through the Mayhem event and I’m in early maps now at 77. Just need to gear up properly now so the evasion defense part works and then head into real maps.

New league starts in a couple of hours! I’m pretty hyped, patch notes included some much needed nerfs and balancing. Lots of QoL features coming too. Overall things look really great.

It’s always exciting to dive into a new league. I’m thinking about doing a SSF character this time just for the heck of it. It’s always possible to pull yourself out of the SSF league if you have the worst luck ever and end up with terrible gear, so it’s not a big risk to start with SSF.

I watched a video from one of the POE streamers on on “SSF tips” and I was amused to see this tip: “make a self-sufficient first character so you can farm currency. Level him to level 93 or so. Then your second character will have a lot more options” The funny part was I don’t think I’ve ever leveled a character that high in any league ever. And I typically only level one character in any league to any reasonable level (above 70).

Anyway, new league. Woohoo!

With a new league, the game transforms from a game about inventory management into a game about killing monsters. So that’s always exciting.

I tried so hard to clean out my standard stash after league this time. Still 45 remove-only tabs left. Ugh.

I’m hoping that was directed more at longterm SSF Standard league than a temp league. Once you’ve got it down you can hit 70 in 8 hours or so even starting SSF but I think 85 is plenty sufficient.

He might have just been picking 93 because that’s really when the xp starts to slow down. It starts around 85, but I don’t really notice it until 90 and even the first couple levels in the 90s don’t go too slowly. I don’t remember the exact math, but level 97 used to be halfway to level 100, and that’s been slowed a bit again so now it’s not even halfway.

Have fun in the new league everyone!

@Outlandish The video mentioned 93 because he suggested that the first character should be able to complete Uber Lab (yeah, right!). And I’m pretty sure the video was talking about a new SSF league setup.

I don’t keep tabs on my leveling speed but I’d be shocked if I was able to even get close to 70 in 8 hours in a new league environment (especially an SSF environment). I’m willing to admit that POE streamers can level characters much faster than I can. Doesn’t bother me since I’m trying to enjoy my time spent.

What? Man, I’ve never hit 70, and I’ve played the game for hundreds of hours.

Someone in the last race hit 90 in 5.5 hours. Now, that was with a team helping and all twinked gear. It certainly couldn’t be done SSF league starting but it can be done.

I think I can hit 60 or so in 8 hours and I’m not nearly as fast as the racers. If you check the ladder after about 8 hours today, I’d be surprised if there weren’t people at least close to 70 if not beyond it. I actually just checked to make sure I wasn’t completely out of my mind and racers have done it under 6 SSF.

If anyone needs an up to date loot filter.

I don’t know why I expected it to be smoother than any other ‘new league day’ but my game has been allocating resources/patching/checking resources for about 90 minutes. And whatever they do, they don’t yield from their thread very often, at times I couldn’t even load a webpage in Chrome when they were doing stuff.

Almost died to Brutus due to out of sync issues. It’s gotten worse recently. Gonna take a break.

First chars in Abyss are over lvl 50 already. Several DCs for me, servers slammed.