Path of Exile

It’s great once you get going due to the minion Abyss jewels. I leveled mostly using SRS+Zombies and jewels which added attack speed and flat damage to minions, and it worked OK at first but ramped up quite a bit.

Of course, added flat damage to -blank- is pretty good for most types of builds.

Stash Tab sale again!

Yep. Sarah’s got one that gives 20% increased minion damage if you’ve used a minion skill recently. Which is like, all the time.

Those are great. Offerings count!!

For anyone going after challenges - they seem pretty reasonable this time. If you got a semi-capable mapping character you should hit 36 relatively fast if you focus on the challenges and then just grind through the maps to beat the RNG odds, even if you solo all the time. And for the more elusive challenges there’s always global 820.

24 (the wings) should be doable for pretty much anyone who can run low tier maps.

For anyone in the QT3 guild playing in the regular Abyss league, @Bateau just gifted us a metric boatload of leveling uniques which I’ve dropped in the guild stash. Twink out those alts. Much thanks!

@Bateau proves that trickle-down economics can work for the little guy in some situations.

Added a Tabula Rasa in guild stash for anyone looking to roll something new.

Methinks I should join this guild. :)

For Rich or anyone else who wants an invite, just hit me up in-game. Messaging ineffablebob should do it. About the only thing guild gets you in-game is the guild stash, but that’s handy enough!

I’m pretty much always glad to chat a bit in guild chat when I’m online (and not AFK). Not sure I recall that happening much before, but hey, first time for everything, right? Rich, we can talk (and drink) Whiskey. ;)

side note: I really, really love parentheses. It’s kinda out of control (can ya tell?).

Hardcore Abyss guild stash still empty ;) maybe I will “save” some items there. Need nice bow for my struggling lvl 42 Deadeye … Probably I should learn how to trade and chat.

Edit: RIP @ Daresso

My fault, largely…on the HC side I’m playing SSF this league. I might mule-dump a few things in there later.

I really don’t know how people play bow toons in HC in this game. The really good defenses seem geared entirely toward either melee or misdirection (i.e. summoning). A few bad rolls on your evasion/dodge, one mis-click in the wrong spot, one bit of lag, and RIP. Of course, maybe I’m just doing it wrong :)

Someone is farming!

I think 400k is officially a mountain, not a hill(ock) any more.

Bow toons are great fun, but yeah, idk how one would reasonably play HC.

Then again, I do not believe PoE boss design is reasonable to play on HC anyway.

So I entered the Abyss league with a templar, going for Frostbolt totems. Decided I should have a softcore toon or two in order to play with friends, when the occasion arises. Thanks to the generosity of @Bateau he’s ridiculously well geared and basically walked through Acts 1-5. Kitava hit me hard a few times, but that was due to my poor reaction time more than any real issue with build or gear.

I’m already noticing some really low single-target damage, though. Those frostbolts clear the heck out of normal mobs, but when you hit a high-life rare or unique, it takes a long time to whittle them down. Fortunately the slow from chilling generally makes it survivable.

I was trying to stay very mobile, and I think I got bleeding and killed myself just running around. Really I just don’t know the game well enough to play HC effectively. You need to know the levels well, the boss attacks, what kind of defenses and mitigation you need, etc. I had a bleed flask but forgot to equip it because I had a DC just before the fight and had to rush back from the last waypoint. Evasion/acrobatics don’t help vs those DOTs :(

Sarah got stomped on at level 80, running a rare corrupted Gorge map. I knew better - it had double boss with faster/more damage boss mods - but I was in a risk-taking mood anyway. She’d gone about as far as she could with the limitations of HC and SSF, at least without investing insane amounts of time. I’ve got a ton of gear in the stash now, so my next HC SSF character will have a lot of options.

Yeah, I frostbolt totems last season and had a similar experience. Single target DPS is not great.

Are you double Frozen Trail jewels? If not, I highly recommend doing so.

Sorry to hear about Sarah. :( HC is crazy. I don’t know how you folks do it.

Yeah, I can’t imagine doing the build without them. Also I’m using the Karui Ward unique amulet that gives 30% increased projectile damage and speed. Balls o’ ice everywhere.

Thanks, though this one didn’t feel like a great loss since I tend to lose interest in a toon around level 75 or so anyway. You’re only making incremental improvements at that point, unless you’ve got some exceedingly weird high-level unique strangeness going on. One of these days I’ll play one that I’m enjoying enough to actually stick with through the end-game stuff.