Path of Exile

Yeah man, I dunno how anyone plays PoE hardcore in the first place.

I have the same respect for people who play hardcore as I have for people who handle dangerous chemicals. Good for you, not for me.

Badly?!

For your amusement my first ever character pre-2013? is still in standard and when he beat Piety she was the last boss at that point in beta. Currently he’s my highest ever at lvl 77 Assassin after many tree resets and /deaths 915 :) Quite a lot of zerging to get him through Kitava and learning that fight or the first time. He is now stalled in low tier mapping and I/he is not good enough SSF using dual dagger crit Reave to safely clear and advance.

Made a HC char to try and farm a unique from Hillock, currently lvl 7 and no luck so far. (Edit: he dropped one finally, but not the sword… it’s a plate armor hmmmmm )

I been known to do some Piety runs when that was a thing. Please don’t think I’m stocking a trebuchet in this particular glass house ;)

Sigh. I can’t tell whether to be happy or sad. Got a decent enchant on my helm. But not for the toon I’m playing. 15% sunder attack speed. I want warchief damage.

That’s insane, especially if it’s on a good base. Link the helm here if you can.

You’re going to like the base, I think. ;)

Suspect I could sell that for 1ex or so?

devoto

At least, the helm is a pretty good roll.

edit: For future reference, in cases like this (unique helmet) it’s almost always worth buying another item for further enchanting rather than overwriting the existing enchant that could sell.

Yeah. It’s a self-found helm so I’ve just been enchanting it as I farm lab. I’ll probably keep this one and buy something similar to keep rolling. Looks like a similar roll is 20-30c or so.

OK. So really dumb question. Can I set stash tabs to be publicly viewable without listing the items in them as tradeable? It looks like that’s what happens if I just check the “public” checkbox and no nothing else. Is that right?

I have a ton of stuff, way more than will fit in the guild stash, and I’d like to make it available to folks to peruse and request if there’s anything that’ll help.

No, they’ll be picked up by the trade api, which is a requirement if you want to show the items to others. Best way to go about it would be to set public and no buyout then provide people in the guild with poe.trade url that shows all listings for your account.

Blech. Makes sense. Oh well, can’t be too picky, I suppose. Thanks.

Semi-relatedly, put a 2-resist 6L evasion chest in the guild stash a few minutes ago. It’s corrupted (uber lab treasure chest drop), so the sockets would have to line up color-wise and such (RRRBBG), but I figure someone can probably use it.

Also adding various decent quality gems.

Watched some of Octavian’s stream last night. I don’t watch parties much as I play solo and it’s a bit much for me to follow. But I could follow the numbers and good grief. He paid people their share as they left the party. Each party member was getting 57 chaos per hour, and that did not include rares, uniques, or extra map drops.

In two 8 hour days each of those people will have made as much as I’ve ever made in my best 90 day league. It’s a very different world in the high end game.

I’ve been building another Sarah in HC SSF. This time I’m rolling with spectres, specifically the Tukohama’s Vanguard dudes from Act 6. They summon a Scorching Ray totem that does impressive damage. Used the usual SRS method to get through Normal, then switched to the TV spectres. And the usual complement of zombies and misc others (golem, guardian), of course.

I got the idea from this guy’s build, which caught my eye not only for the spectres but also because it makes use of Advancing Fortress. I happen to have one of those from the last Sarah, and I really like it for the extra block. I’m attack-block capped now with Bone Offering up and Tempest Shield going. If I ever get lucky and find a Stone of Lazwhar, I’ll be near spell-block capped as well. My version is a little more tanky than his…still using a skeletotem, for instance…but it’s having no offensive trouble thus far.

Lazwhar is quite common both as a drop and by chancing. I’ve found/chanced it on all SSF char I’ve played so far(since SSF was implemented) by level 80 or so.

Whelp, the Stone of Lazwhar has yet to make an appearance, but I found a Bones of Ullr today! So that’s 3 spectres and 10 zombies, even if it does mean less movement speed. That’s what Shield Charge is for! Stuff melts when you have three of those scorching ray totems trained on it.

Sarah’s at 75 now and having no trouble in rare tier 6 maps. (And I hope I didn’t just jinx myself there…) I have to use Convocation quite a bit to keep the horde focused, but otherwise it’s a really straightforward play style. The only map mod thus far that was really annoying is curse reflection, running around hitting yourself with Temporal Chains and Enfeeble all the time kinda sucks.

Up to 85 with the spectres now, and it’s gone fairly smoothly. I finally dropped the skeletotem in favor of a decoy totem, which freed up several gem slots. With so many zombies running around, the skeletons didn’t feel necessary, and the decoy totem does just fine as a distraction when one is needed.

Had a good run of unique drops recently. First there was this:
Used that for quite a while, though keeping up the Dex requirements was a pain.

Then this showed up:
Not a great option for Sarah, but it’s great for my Sunder Duelist. Life, life leech, extra block, and some extra damage.

Then just earlier today, both of these:
Thanks to Vorici and a whole lot of orbs, the Vis Mortis has a 5-link for the Spectres. And screw the RNG that refuses to drop Stone of Lazwhar, I’m good with my Globe. Max attack and spell block now, with Bone Offering and Tempest Shield going.

I’d be happier with more life, of course, only 4200. It’s effectively more like 6000 with the 30% from Mind over Matter going to my 1800+ mana, and I’ve got 1300 ES as well. If I can find some decently rolled gloves and amulet/rings, those totals will go up.

Very nearly ended the current Sarah’s run last night in Poorjoy’s Asylum. It’s a unique Temple map where all the monsters have massive damage and speed bonuses. I knew this going in so I was a lot more cautious than usual, and cleared the entire map without any real difficulty. About the only thing that was out of the ordinary was a need to resummon a few zombies.

But then I was dumb enough to trigger one of the three abysses, and woo boy, that was rough. Had to run away when a couple of rares wiped out the zombies and made a big dent in the life bars for the spectres and golem and guardian. Pretty sure the decoy totem was all that saved Sarah long enough to get out of there. Got the horde back together and came back to finish them off, but of course by then the cracks had closed and there was no reward chest.

And then I did the really stupid thing and tried a second one, figuring now I knew what was coming and had a better idea how to handle it. First rare spawn had two of those guys that phase shift and try to backstab you, and they damn near insta-killed Sarah. I’m fairly sure those things ignore Decoy Totems for that initial attack, but fortunately they headed for the totem after that first hit and I was able to run. Which I did, straight for the portal and out of there.

Lesson learned (finally). In those big damage bonus maps, leave the abyss cracks the hell alone.

Interesting read on how we ended up with the map system. Nice little window into the design process.

Servers just barfed while I was running a double beyond T13 map. Thankfully I was in a safe spot when the lag started, but by the time I got logged back in, the map was gone.

grumble Oh well.