Path of Exile

What am I doing wrong? Can’t access currency stash tab. On any character, new league or not. Its greyed out.

Sounds like a bug.

I’m probably going to start with some sort of totem Templar Hierophant. I think Glacial Cascade Totems. Because pants-less is the only way to go!

That is, assuming my game ever finishes patching. I’m getting real variable speeds from the patcher, as usual.

Mine worked, although of course it’s all the way to the right so I have to scroll all the way over and drag it to the front. If it keeps failing for you, you might need to submit a big report.

Yeah. They wanted a screen shot, which I posted. Now to wait. It was a rather small report, though. :)

I know Bestiary is young still, but I have never seen this many high lvl people dying in Hardcore. I suppose everyone is racing into new content at the top and trying for 100, but I have seen several lvl 90+ dying in the top 100 hardcore during just the few hours I was on yesterday and again today. Has something changed to be harder at the top, or have I just missed how much churn there is in the early days every league?

Shout out to whomever is dropping some leveling items in the guild stash. Always nice to get a little boost in a new league, especially one I don’t have time to play heavily.

I’m not playing hardcore this league since I don’t expect to get into it all that heavily but I frequently do. There is usually a fair amount of dying at the top, and it might also be exacerbated by the new combo shaper/elder fight. I’d imagine there’s a big race on to be the first to do it.

I’m not paying much attention this league so it may have already been done but it wouldn’t surprise me if that is contributing. Also new bestiary bosses. The streamers I tend to watch like to do these things blind and new mechanics=deaths.

No doubt. I’m playing the normal league this time around, so i don’t see the HC death announcements, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if some of those red-icon-on-the-map bosses cause a few deaths. They’re bad enough in the normal leveling process, got to imagine that once you get to maps they get really crazy.

I got an Uber-Hillock spawn finally on a HC char I have been trying with since mid-Abyss (he is lvl 8.5 now). It was a tougher fight than I thought, but I finally won after a LOT of kiting and hundreds of adds. Now I have to decide if I want to actually make a char to use it for real. Anyone really want it, I may just put it in the hardcore guild stash?

Edit: what do I mean? its this thing

So some early drops parlayed into good investments (mostly Essences of Horror, which started out 10c and are now 100c) has me the richest I’ve ever been in a league. Might be able to grab a headhunter by the end of all of this at this rate.

2 characters at 90 - one a spectre summoner that I spent all of maybe 5c on, the other a poet’s pen spell spammer (cost 8ex with helmet enchant & Kaom’s Heart), and leveling another (going to be a STR stacking Doon Cuebiyari spell caster specced into life regen). Most red maps unlocked, though unfortunately lacking the drops to push into Guardians & Shaper. Also first time interacting with the Elder pushing mechanics and I have no idea what’s going on there. On the pokemon side, RNG has not favored me with anything interesting. Was able to see one pokeboss via a friend’s portal, which wasn’t a particularly interesting fight.

I’m hitting my usual wall at about 75. Maps are trivial, except when bosses get bullshit mods and make me explode.

I thought I was doing pretty well with 4.7k/1.4k, capped resists except chaos, a shield, stone golem, and decoy totem. Not so much, apparently.

I really like this CwC Scorching Ray / Firestorm elementalist (homebrew, whee!) but idk how I’m supposed to survive if I’m getting chumped in tier 5 maps.

This is an outstanding description of the PoE experience, in my opinion!

My alt addiction is in full effect with three 80+ toons and another at 78. I can do just about anything on my necromancer, and my Righteous Fire totem Hierophant does well as long as his decoy totem doesn’t get overwhelmed. But reflect mods really mess with the Sunder Gladiator and Ngamahu’s Flame/Cyclone Chieftain. That last guy is hitting a wall around tier 9-10, just not enough defense.

I’m finding that red beasts are a challenge to capture, not so much because I can’t kill them, but because it’s so hard to time the net-throwing while still staying alive. Half the time I’ll miss the capture because I threw the net too soon, and half the time I’ll never get a chance to throw it since I’m too busy running around to stay alive. Necromancy nets are nice when I find them, but they’re really rare.

Having said that, I still like the bestiary stuff. I’m making heavy use of the “5 prophecy” recipe, got some nice leveling items, and I’ve picked up a few useful uniques. The flask crafting is nice, too. I just wish they had some capturing mechanics that are less reliant on twitch reaction and prone to lag-fail.

So, you know the Malachai fight in Act 4? Tiny little arena, effects firing off everywhere, annoying boss. Back before the introduction of Kitava, the Merciless version was the second most annoying fight in the game. (Prize place in that category is reserved for the Labyrinth.) Well, once you get into upper tier maps you get to experience it again in the Core map.

I ran it tonight on my Necromancer, and just barely finished it. Died twice due to a perfect storm of a prophecy that spawned cold tempests (which apparently can spawn in boss areas) and a map mod that doubled area of effect. There was literally no place to hide from his big attacks which covered the entire island, and dodging everything else was rough due to the slows. Lost all my zombies multiple times and had one full minion wipe, spectres and all. Finally got him down on my last map portal.

Lesson learned: Core map plus increased AoE is a really, really bad mod. At least for summoners.

Increased AoE is one of those modifiers that I have definitely come to respect after initially viewing it as a “free” map mod. The leaping goat boss got me with it for sure, and I know there have been others.

By itself it’s not generally a problem but I definitely give it full consideration now as in combination with some other mods it can be the one that gets you killed.

Ah, screen wide bearer explosions. Good practice in running for your life.

I feel like they loosened the timer or made the gfx more obvious or something on the elemental death explosions. Either that or I’m just sufficiently traumatized that it’s not so burdensome to GTFO in time any more.

So sometimes you get a really dumb idea that you just have to try. Mine for today was “what if I used Dominating Blow on my summoner?” So I did.

I’m already using Advancing Fortress, so weapon choice wasn’t an issue. To make room for Dominating Blow-Increased Duration-Melee Splash I had to drop some support gems that were on my zombies, but my damage is coming from spectres anyway so that doesn’t really hurt. I can completely ignore Dominating Blow and she still plays just fine.

But it’s so much more fun if you don’t ignore it. Do all the usual stuff - drop a totem (I like Decoy, or Rejuv on no-taunt maps), throw out your curse/debuff skill (mine is Ball Lightning linked with Curse on Hit-Enfeeble-Temporal Chains, and it triggers Elemental Equilibrium), cast your offering skill (mine is Bone Offering), Shield Charge to get Fortify. Then instead of shield charging away to safety, start whaling away with Dominating Blow. I miss a lot since her accuracy is something like 57%, but you only have to hit once to tag a monster for domination, and the rest of the horde does the rest. Before long you’ve got a dozen or more converted mobs trailing after you, and if you’re lucky some are rares with bonus auras for you and your horde.

The downside is putting your personal self in more danger, of course. I wouldn’t do it on Hardcore. And it’s pretty useless against a lot of bosses, but in extreme cases I can always just swap the gems around to give the zombies/golem more damage instead.

Edit: Did a search and found that someone else already had this idea, because of course they did. Took it further and made it the build focus, though. I’m sticking with my shield, thanks.

Huzzah! First ever 6L drop! Right after an exalt dropped in a Zana daily too!

Nice, that can make a very useful levelling weapon. Do you plan to do some essence crafting on it? I have never used a tabula or a 6L because I mostly SSF, but I’m trying a OniGoroshi now to level a HC character, and it makes a BIG difference in damage and skill flexibility even in early game.

Don’t think I have any decent essences, will need to check. Essence crafting does not screw with links, does it?