Path of Exile

No it doesn’t.

Ugh, yep, my first 6L is terrible bow (for endgame) for pretty much any bow gem, the majority of which scale from base damage and it is one of the lowest bases.

Gonna have to throw a spell into it. Maybe skelly archers! Have to see what the consensus is on their scaling.

Might be able to use it for caustic arrow, which if i remember rightly only cares about the gem level so you just need to use the essence that gives +bow levels to gems. Long bow might still be too bad a base for that as well though, been a while since I did caustic and don’t remember much about it.

Plus of course, then you have to play caustic arrow which isn’t for everyone.

The only thing you really need for caustic is +bow and decent attack speed, that’s it. Other base stats don’t matter.

Clearly GGG have too much time on their hands. Glad they’re enjoying their April Fools down in New Zealand.

Haha, it’s not even a joke, it’s a real mode!

Oh it’s a joke. But a playable one :-)

Hmmm, what’s this worth?

Manged to 6S and 5L it for about 20 jewellers and 50 fusings. At 5L should be near 50C, but anything with near max ES roll seems to be listed 1EX+

Nice! I’d guess about an exalt and a half.

Sweet, should go a ways to funding me a Starforge for the Ancestral Warchief Champion.

I have to confess I overall like Bestiary. Even with the 3s window I have some concerns (when my cycloner was using Koam’s Primacy the damage spikes + cull were brutal) capturing for some types of builds. And lots of concerns for other types of builds. And the UI for searching the Bestiary isn’t all the way there (it’s easy to find a specific recipe, but filtering by type of creature isn’t quite as useful). But I think there are some nifty things that have been added to the crafting. And I mostly like where the “off” crafting options sit right now (with essences and beastiaries).

It’s been a rather lucrative league for me. I’ve started using the trade macro and I’ve made the most money by far ever in league trading. We’re talking easily in the triple digits of chaos (I’ve probably spent 200+ chaos on gear for builds at this point, and yet I have a healthy stack of C in my stash and I haven’t cracked any exalts. Speaking of). I’ve had three exalts drop which seems completely unreal. I can’t bring myself to spend them. I’ve considered it, but so far I haven’t decided on where to spend them. B est character is an 89 Cycloner and I want to make 90. I loved the chaos damage quilll rain build I tried but even at 6k evasion I still
explode to much in the low maps. I’m working on a molten strike shield build because I love durabiluty and think I’ll lead off next league with it. The cycloner is pretty tanky but probably needs either a 6l or for me to get serious about axe DPS (I’ve got a 440dps 5l axe right now). I want to get a character to 90 (never have), so I should probably look to spend more on him. But man the Molten Strike build is fun.

This league did feel like it could have used a beta period but they’ve improved the mechanics considerably and unlike Reddit I feel like the game is as strong as it’s ever been.

I went with LiftingNerd’s Ancestral Warchief Champion this league. Usually I run two toons - a starter based on a guide for guaranteed mid map farming, and a second I build myself.

AW Champ just hit 90 and is amazing. I know folk here have played AW before, but I recall the go to being Marauder Chieftain. Can’t speak to that build, but the Champion is just epic. Tons of damage with a cheap Kondo’s Pride (BIS sword would be Starforge). Dual totems with Ancestral Bond, of course and with the Champion Ascendancy they taunt 100% of the time. Bossing has never been so easy. It’s been so much fun to play I have not bothered with a second toon yet. I can already pretty much smoke T10/11, even with Increased AOE for clear and only slotting Conc Effect for the bosses (all on a 6L). Only mod that is a no-no is phys reflect and occasionally ‘can’t taunt’ if the boss is dangerous one.

I really want to get a Starforge and if I can flip the Shavronne’s that dropped last night, I have the currency for it. That will up my DPS by 50%, at which point I’ll be at 70k+ unbuffed per totem (with Conc Effect).

I had one exalt drop, which I held for a while until dropping it on a decent 6L chest at around level 80 or so.

This will probably be the first toon I take on Atziri, Guardians, Elder, Shaper, etc, if I can keep the map drops coming.

I more or less agree with this. The lack of polish on this league is notable, certainly feels like they didn’t test it sufficiently. But GGG did a good job reacting to the worst of the issues. I still find myself regularly failing to capture beasts because of lag at the wrong moment, or missing the beast in the giant spam of add spawns, or simply having to stay alive instead of throwing a net. And spirit beast spawn rates are still terrible, even after they were increased. But I do like the beastcrafting options, particularly the flasks and prophecy stuff. I’d probably like the aspect stuff too, if I ever got a chance to capture the necessary beasts.

I’ve taken down the Elder and his four guards in this league for the first time, three times now. I still have no idea how you’re suppose to dodge his dive-and-slow-the-hell-out-of-you attack, despite watching videos and reading the wiki, but other than that it’s gone pretty well on my summoner. She was 85 for the first kill in tier 7 map, and took him out in a tier 15 map at level 90.

You should be able to take regular Atziri without too much trouble if you’re doing well in tier 10 maps. Taken her down several times this league. I’ve not yet been able to face the uber version, it’s on my to-do list.

I’ve found maps for and killed three of the four Shaper guardians - still looking for the Phoenix. They’re tough, died once on the Hydra and several times on the Minotaur. The Chimera was pretty easy, but I suspect every build is going to have a different take on them - what was easy for a summoner is likely tough for others, and vice versa.

It’s somewhat odd to me because they have extensively beta’d with the player base in the past.

I haven’t had too much of a problem with “missing” since they added the “well if you toss it roughly where the beast is, it will auto target them” fix. However, I find necromancy nets impossible to use unless you can isolate the creature. They need a similar fix. Agreed the spawn rates are still too low.

Also, whenever I am told that my menagerie for a type of monster is “almost full” or whatever, I’m like “uh, which monster was that again I already got distracted and how do I even check?”. More UI loving needed there.

The problem with Bestiary is at its core: the fundamental mechanic runs contrary to the primary gameplay pattern. I don’t want to stop murdering things so I can dink around with capturing whatever, I want to murder things faster and more efficiently.

This is why Breach and Abyss were so great. A bunch of bonus, focused supermurder? Hell yes!

Ok then.

They also need to fix bestiary monster caps. Seriously annoying having maxed out capacity with useless mobs that then prevent capturing new monsters.

Amen, particularly as it relates to low level uniques. Having leveled a few alts, I had something like half a dozen Ungulath, Burning Menace, Great White Beast, etc sitting around. Wasn’t until I’d failed multiple times to capture some of the map-only spawns that I realized that the automatic capture replacement doesn’t work on low-level unique beasts in the same way that it replaces normal captures. So I had to fiddle with the altar, doing a bunch of useless recipes just to clear them out to make room.

My Cycloner (slayer), unfortunately, is having a bit of trouble on T9+ maps. A couple of deaths are my fault for being lazy. But I think some map mods just leave me a little too in the hands of luck. Increased crit rates/multi seems to be able to get through my defenses sometimes before I can flask/leech the health back. Immortal call doesn’t really help (you block one hit and maybe a couple more but then it’s down).

I’m not sure how I want to deal with it. I should leap slam into stuff more (since I have Fortify linked). I guess I could swap from a Granite flask to the one that offers flat phys reduction but that won’t help on spell crits (although I suspect it’s the phys that’s doing me in). I am at the point where any gear upgrades are going to cost and have more marginal benefits. Doesn’t mean they aren’t worth doing, but I should consider carefully what I do.

One of my least favorite things about PoE is the inability to tell exactly where the holes in your build are. Sometimes it’s obvious what killed you, but just as often you’ll be looking at your corpse and have no idea where the killing blow came from. One mob group that looks exactly the same as dozens of others that you’ve torn through is trampling you face-down into the dirt. Some kind of damage log would be really helpful.