Path of Exile

Randomly scrolling through

Never saw anyone ever use this, but removed from the game effectively?

Corrupted strongbox only?

Not even sure if you can get it from corrupted strongbox as that might count as being obtained via corruption. Can probably get it from gem boxes that say “contain a vaal gem” and I’m assuming it’ll be a drop in the Incursion pyramid.

I’m so hyped for friday that I can barely contain it. HOLY SHIT.

Oh man, I’m getting the hype. Found an old CwC Wither/Bladefall/Poison Necro build that looks like an interesting base to build on. Worried it might be too defensive, but the poison seems like it’ll mess stuff up pretty good.

Thinking something like this (skills, gems).

I skipped the Bestiary League so my hunger for POE has been increasing as well.

Sadly I am out of town until some time Sunday, so I am getting a late start. But looking forward to this league.

Changed my mind! Burning Arrow / Ignite Proliferate Deadeye! It’s gonna be great!

Tree doesn’t look too bad. 104% life at 66 is low, but that’s up to 144% at 78, and there’s a brick of evasion, Grace, Tailwinds, Decoy Totem, and full Acrobatics to help. Could prioritize things differently I suppose.

Three – count 'em, three! – BA threshold jewels means four ignite stacks for MASSIVE DAMAGE bwahahahaha.

Piles of crit chance (352%) but not a ton of crit multi - only like 93% multi seems low. Can’t really fit more power charges in than the one, and even that’s a little bit of a stretch. And generating power charges is going to be a pain unless I decide to be lazy and just slot PCoC on Burning Arrow (give 4% more damage per power charge now).

Probably pick up whatever uniques give +ignite stacks, some otherwise shitty ring IIRC. Other than that, not really any unique dependencies that I can think of.

@Bateau or anyone else, thoughts? I know the theorycrafters on Reddit are still down on ignite, but fuck 'em. This sounds fun.

144% life is really low.

Is more than 144 terribly feasible for a Ranger though?

I have been trying to get an Onigoroshi for a Hardcore SSF Templar, but I’m not convinced it is possible. Is it feasible to beat uberHillock with only a glacial hammer gem and whatever blue/yellow maces drop? I am between lvl 8 and 9 now, but I’m not convinced this isn’t a fool’s errand with no way to get any AOE damage for the reanimated-ones phase.

You’ll want ~170% to 180% from the tree regardless of the class you play.

IDK. Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but playing around with the Ranger start I have to give up like all my damage to get past about 150.

Normally I’d say fuck it, slot 7% jewels and call it good, but this really wants the 3x BA jewels.

I guess Profane Chemistry and Thick Skin are fairly reachable (which gets to 178) but losing both the big outer bow cluster (Heavy Draw is the big…draw…there) and Lethality is brutal.

I suppose I do get Lethality back by 78 and can work back up to Heavy Draw from there. Bleh!

edit: Yeah, that works. Tweaked tree at 79.

Why even make a lvl 80 tree? Trees are made for level 90-92. I’m sure you can fit those damage clusters in with the extra 12 points.

Not all of us play exclusively in red maps and higher, man ;)

People got to lvl 100 spamming a t11 map, I’m sure you could manage lvl 90 by playings lots of lvl 70-75 maps :^)

Never done burning arrow so I didn’t look for many changes on the tree as I might not understand some of the choices but rather than Profane Chemistry I’d head from Fury Bolts down to the Golem’s Blood life. This will also enable you to get another 2 point jewel which is always good.

Won’t be participating this time around unfortunately. Moving states and a new job (back to the office grind from mostly wfh) next week.

What the hell, I just straight up forgot Golem’s Blood. Good call.

If only I had anything close to that kind of tolerance for tedium.

Best of luck with the life changes!