Path of Exile

Think I’m going to the old standby SRS or zombies and skeletons build for my first character

When I get back in town, I am going to take Sunder for a spin. Vanilla league starter, sure, but I do like the skill.

I am avoiding Arc for now but I can’t wait to play it at some point.

IDK, Blade Flurry is vanilla as all get-out but it’s still fun as hell to play. No shame!

Also:

Everyone in hard core Stay Safe. I expect everyone else to be sporting 6L gg end game armor and chain running T15 maps for fun when I get back on Sunday.

Servers are down and patching, 3 hours to get ready.

Just my luck - gpu started to crash several hours before the league started. Oh well, guess I’m skipping this one.

That sucks, man. Jump in after you get a replacement!

That will likely be a while. The odd thing is that it only happens at specific temperatures (~65-69°C) so I’m still playing around with fan profiles and voltage/power limits. Maybe I’ll get a few hours of trapping in this way.

And if not, I bought some CK2 dlcs on sale a few days ago so that will be my backup lol.

Their servers are overloading with people trying to log in. I’m shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!

All right, I had to cash in some Xbox gems (don’t ask) and the arcane pack for Path of Exile was one of the last things left in stock so now that I’m invested, may as well play. Is this game totally awesome? You guys would tell me if it wasn’t right?

It’s completely awesome to play through the storyline a few times on various characters. It continues to be awesome many more times and up into the maps end-game, if you’re an addict to must-find-better-pants games like I am.

It’s so good, @divedivedive. Best ARPG ever by miles and miles.

Yes, I frequently find myself in the search for better pants. This is probably right up my alley.

Edit: best ever?

I mean, this came out (to full release) in 2013, and I spent a total of like six hours in the last two days diagramming out my build for my first character in this league.

It’s not just great, it’s better with every patch. I’m frankly in awe at how GGG has consistently made design decisions and infrastructure investments with the long-term health of the game in mind.

e: Yes, best ever. I say that from, shall we say, a bit of a connoisseur’s perspective.

I have a couple thousand hours /played in this thing. It is amazing. It’s the D2 sequel I was looking for but didn’t get in D3.

YES. And I like D3, for what it is. But I, like, like like Path of Exile.

I’m thoroughly burnt out on it after absurd levels of play time, but I have to agree. Path of Exile is the best ARPG known to man.

Dude, play a Templar. They go pantsless cuz that’s the way to do it!

I’m looking at the classes and I think I want to go ranger, is that a bad choice? Between the massive skill trees and the (evidently?) inability to respec, I’m nervous about getting this wrong.

Rangers are awesome. That’s what I’m playing at the moment.

You get something like 15 respec points via quest per character, and further points can be bought (expensively). And dude: your first few characters are gonna suck. That’s okay.