Path of Exile

Yeah, some of the challenge room gate mods as I understand it. So you need to have the (goddamned) level 3 regen room in order to get a nutso rare with +110 life and +9% life.

Is there a way to influence temple progress? I got a ton of t3 rooms during leveling and almost none since I hit maps. The only thing that changed is that I was only able to clear ~30-40% of mobs before I switched to arc traps and then 100% from that point on.

if anyone knows how they haven’t spread that knowledge around; everyone in guild thinks it’s still random what you get offered.

If there is a way it might be linked to which doors you’ve opened; maybe rooms with more doors open are more likely to be offered? I’ll have to pay closer attention.

Like this! I got this one with just the life mods, and then got extra lucky with an augment and regal for the other two mods.

Badass, congrats!

Well, I finally overextended enough that the Omnitect killed me, in a level 75 temple. Level 2 Engineering (life), level 3 Hybridisation (minions), level 1 Lightning, level 1 Empowerment (speed), and level 1 Corruption (lowers my resists). Got through the first half of the fight and his recharge phase ok, but in the second half there was just so much damage flying around that I couldn’t stay out the way, and the lowered resists weren’t helping. Killed off my golem and guardian, too, which is pretty rare. Didn’t have any trouble finishing him off, though, once I revived and got the minions back up.

Also the Corruption room architect is a rough one. Summons this totem that fires bleeding beams. Nasty stuff, since my first reaction is always to run away from stuff hitting me, but in this case that makes it worse. Came close to another faceplant there before I realized what was going on.

The day after I bought some Deerstalkers I got a pair to drop inside a temple. I threw them in the guild stash, so if there are any aspiring trappers looking for some boots, there ya go.

Ok, so GGG apparently confirmed that this is wrong and that the Omnitect can just randomly drop these items regardless of the rooms in the current temple.

So I’ve been playing my ranger and having a good time, but there’s one thing I’m having trouble understanding, the incursions. I keep running into this woman who needs me to do these short runs - like, 15 seconds at a shot? - and I get loot but I’m just not sure what it’s all about. I guess it’s kind of fun, seeing if I can survive the swarm of enemies, it just feels weird. Do these runs get any longer? Does it turn into anything?

Ask her about the Temple. It will show you what it’s building towards and there’s an Incursion counter at the bottom of that screen to tell you how close you’re getting.

Yeah, I’ve seen the little diagram of the rooms I’m visiting and the count at the bottom that tells me something like “3 rooms to go”, I guess I’m just wondering where this will go? Or maybe I’ll find out when I’ve done all of them?

It’s a special challenge/loot level you’ll be able to run as customized on that map when it’s done.

@divedivedive

Best source of info is this guide by ZiggyD:

Or if you’d rather read than watch video, this has the info, if not as nicely presented.

After 11 incursions the next itme you run the temple you’ll get to actually enter it in the present and go through each room slaughtering mobs, and getting actual rewards. Once you do this, the cycle starts over.

Read/watch the provided links. But the “what you should be doing” calculus can be complicated. Generally, you want to upgrade “reward” rooms, change other rooms if there is a good option, and try to connect a path to the boss room (the Omnitect). Note that rooms that make the temple harder (by adding e.g. traps, or buffing monsters/the Omnitect) often had bonuses as well, and sometimes interesting special features at T3. So there’s a risk/reward calculus there as well.

I think it’s a wonderful league. But as discussions upgrade have noted, the Temporal Incursions (the name for when you go back in time to do a specific room) can be difficult until you hit certain power spikes. Also, the temple can be significantly more difficult than the Act content you are currently in. You will outlevel act content doing incursions/the temple as often as possible.

Did most of the (map) bosses have their health reduced sometime between Garbinger league and now? I’ve been ganking most of them up to t12 in about 2-3s, on what I’d consider an ultra budget build (5 link for a nuke skill).

I’ve only done one map above 10, but I’m finding the bosses die pretty quickly as well. Maybe it’s the Vaal skills? Dunno what you’re using, but my Vaal Summon Skeletons just melts most bosses. Prior to 3.3.0 I wouldn’t have had any support gems on that skill, but now it’s got the ones I use for regular skeletons (since they’re the same gem). Maybe that’s making the difference.

Edit: I should say this is the case if the map mods aren’t ridiculous. I died several times on my one t12 map thus far (Defiled Cathedral) since I’d corrupted it and the mods were insane - extra monster life, double damage as lightning, -11% resist all on me, no regen, and probably a couple more I can’t remember. Can’t kill stuff quick if you’re dead. I wouldn’t have touched that map in HC, but in SC I just waited to run it until just after I’d leveled.

I’m using Lightning spire - open with Bear trap, then vaal lightning trap if available, followed by 2 or 3 spires and everything just melts.

I tried using that as a single-target sort of trap (I use arc in a Deerstalker as my main pack killer). However, once I started using it I was held back by the cooldown and found it slowed me down compared to say Explosive Trap. How do you deal with the cooldown (isn’t the cooldown on it the way all traps used to be?)

Everything dies before cooldown becomes an issue. And my arc does enough damage that I can spam it at enemies that move a lot, just in case they go out of spire’s range once it’s triggered.