Path of Exile

My only go-to flasks are any anti-bleed and a quicksilver of anti-freeze which is easy to get.

When leveling make sure to turn in your medicine chest to Nessa at exactly level 4, this will get you an ilvl 4 quicksilver reward which can only roll 2 or 3 suffixes one of which is anti-freeze. If you don’t get it with your transmute it shouldn’t cost more than a couple alterations. If you turn in the chest before level 4 the flask cannot roll anti-freeze and the later you turn it in the more things the flask can roll.

I usually run two health, two mana, and one quicksilver flask. I almost never get any of the fancy flasks people use.

I try to get anti-bleed and anti-burn on my two health flasks, and whatever seems useful on my mana flasks (anti-freeze is good). But I don’t sweat it other than the anti-bleed one.

My most common setup is 2 life flasks (if running no leech), one is instant, one quicksilver with ideally extra movement speed or anti-freeze, one diamond if crit spec, and last one if flex spot that’s usually taken up by Atziri’s promise because it’s cheap and works with most specs.

Offtopic - ran like 20 labs yesterday, trying to hit a good enchant. That’s 40 tries (20x Twice Enchanted) and ~130c down the drain, for nothing. Not the end of the world, but lab isn’t my favorite place to begin with and this only made me like it less. On the plus side, my Sab is smashing all the content like no other character before it, including the wander that had over 1 mirror worth of gear on it.

Stupid me forgot to take a antiburn flask into the final Kitava fight, so I got ganked a couple of times. Damage was no problem for the Whispering Ice build. Underlevelled and my gear still kinda sucks with only 2k life and 1k ES. Now I’ll level to around 70 and try to spec to CI.

Thanks all! I should have said that like ineffablebob I’m playing a summoner and try to stay out of the line of fire, this may make flasks less urgent. But I think I’ll roll a melee character too and for that getting a antifreeze quicksilver flask at level 4 sounds like a good idea. Meanwhile I’m still back in A4 while you all are on to maps; I don’t know if I’ll make it through A10.

Even with a couple of deaths, getting through that with only 2k life is pretty impressive. I rarely go into that last Kitava fight with under 4k. With all the crap flying around, ES is kinda useless unless you’ve done some kind of ES-focus build.

I had a lucky tabula drop on a very new HC Incursion character. This gave me enough damage on a witch to get to see the Omnibot in the pyramid for the first time ever about lvl 15… and promptly die there to some sort of flamethrower attack. RIP nice item.

I dunno how you all play HC in Path. There are so damn many gotchas and bullshit damage spikes, I don’t even feel bad when I die to some nonsense.

I play it like a rouge-like. See how far I can get. Works great, especially in SSF HC, because you can stash stuff for your next characters, and progress with Masters holds up too.

Playing non-HC is kind of boring. I do that as well to work out the mechanics of a new league, but there’s just no consequence for dying, so it makes it just a big grind.

I often play really really SSC hardcore, with just one HC char at a time and when they die I delete them and ALL the stash, so every character starts like a fresh blank slate. I wish I could delete the masters progression and such, to completely reset all league presence for a fully new experience every time.

More power to ya! I’ll go slay spires or fire up Crawl when I feel that need ;)

That’s what I do too. One thing I learned the hard way is to always compare the level of my current character to the levels of the masters’ missions :)

If you really only want one character in a league with no progression you can do it by hitting “migrate all” which will send everything from that league to it’s permanent league, including masters and hideout giving you a completely fresh slate.

I do this when I’m practicing for races. It does mean you will have 8 billion stash tabs built up in your parent league though so if you do play that parent league on occasion it gets very annoying to sort it all. I’ve just quit playing those leagues entirely so I’m sure it’s a mess!

Ah, good to know. I seem to regularly kill myself like this. Oh, hi Elreon, lets go, OHGODWHY R U LVL5!? I’m dead.

Ugh. Hard to believe there isn’t a Delete All / Confirm / Yes / button at least for the read only tabs.

question for Bob and anyone else playing a summoner: do you have enough DPS for the temple? I’m not able to do it unless extremely over-levelled.

I was struggling on the incursions until level 45-ish. Around act 6, I think. Depends on your gem links and gear, of course, if you can get lots of damage linked up earlier you might have better luck.

I really need to learn to stick to casters when I’m playing solo self found lol. Leveling a rain of arrows build right now, and running up against the crap weapon problem pretty badly. I really do wish they would make the drop rates better in SSF, I always seem to have a tough time with attack based characters.

I haven’t summoned this league and probably won’t, but folks in my guild seem to be generally happy about skeleton builds right now.

Other than that though, no one is trying summoners at all.

I have a phys skeleton/zombie build, it’s amazing on bosses, but sort of medium on clear speed. Certainly a safe and effective build, just gets a bit tiring plowing through run of the mill packs of mobs.

I usually don’t mind clearing slowly but it doesn’t work well in the temple, alas.
More important, I’d really don’t like doing the trials and lab. I’d put that off longer than most people (I’m ready to finish A4) so I started them at lunch today. I survived the few I did but it does make me think I should stop and wait for a different game to grab me.