Path of Exile

You also seem to be good at overvaluing certain stats which will naturally narrow down the search results if you use them. I mean, why not put in the fucking light radius in search next time as well.

Once you’re familiar with the stat potential of each equipment slot you’ll know how to use the trade search more effectively.

Good day.

Guys, please, is this necessary? One person’s junk is another’s gold, eh? Can we agree to disagree here?

I still literally don’t even. I simply factored IIR into my search, and also did some searches where I put boundaries in physical damage, you did neither of these things. I did some with all-res and some without. I ran with different ranges and lack of floors at times for all things. I did all of this because I have an understanding of stat potential and how trade seach works. Shocking!

If you wanted to argue the phys damage didn’t matter, or the IIR didn’t matter, you could have done that. You did not. If you wanted to ask for clarification on what I used to search you could have you did not. Indeed you have spent this entire shit-show of a sub thread ignoring the actual things I say and running off on drunken tangents and apparently now deciding to question if I know what I am doing because eh fuck who even knows. If you just wanted me not to pay attention to you, “peacedog please don’t pay attention to me”, that would have sufficied. Lucking, we got there anyway.

GOOD DAY SIR.

Is that really what you think this is?

You think I care that the ring sold for 10c and that I somehow won an argument? It’s got nothing to do with that; as I said I think I was fortunate it sold for 10c and I’m certainly pleased with the result but who cares. This isn’t about being right or wrong or what the ring sold for. Hell, the PoE economy is always gonzo so you can’t really be right in any static sense since things change so much league to league.

This is about why Bateau is doing whatever. . . this. . . is. . . instead of using like a half ounce of. . . civility? Empathy? Soberness? Something that isn’t this. And not acting like he just skipped half the shit I typed.

I mean honestly. That said, you needn’t worry further.

Just trying to help. A lot of equipment, jewelry especially, can end up with junk stats that are completely pointless for your build. Knowing what’s meta and what stats are desired (per slot) makes pricing easier, especially if you know what to trim.

@peacedog for example values all-res, which is fine, but getting resists together is trivial because they can come on every slot, what matters in the end are the totals, especially once your gear is more or less finalized. All-res is valuable when you’re still changing pieces because you don’t need to look for a specific combination of resists to replace your other slots, but people generally don’t dump too much currency on placeholder items like that. And as I hinted at above, knowing the potential of each item slot plays a big role - rings for example can have +% ele dmg implicit, which is huge. Diamond ring in question here has a great implicit as an item base, in this case it was unfortunately overwritten which makes it more comparable to trash tier bases like paua, where only the stats below the line count.

I did, by stating which stats to use. Flat phys is fine, iir is not very desirable (quant is better), especially when it takes a slot of other better mods like WED.

I thought this was the war room :/

War room

Embezzler spirit is certainly appropriately named. Wasted upwards of 300c before I finally got the challenge. If I was planning to actually spent currency on anything but challenges I’d be mildly miffed, to be honest.

My account name I think is @fozzthulu and char name is Brunwillow

I have a dumb question, what gems can support minions now? I had thought a gemhad to say minion on it to support a minion but looking at bills I see a lot of people supporting skeletons with things like ruthless and melee splash. Do you need some special equipment or passes to do this?

No, skeletons are melee mobs so they benefit from such gems.

Thanks now i need to get gear with more links, i like the gems i’m using.

Yep, as a general rule, any gem you link to a minion will be used by that minion’s skills. So like @Bateau said, if you link a melee splash to skeletons or whatever, any melee attack the minion uses will have the splash. There are a few exceptions - if in doubt, check the wiki.

Also be warned that a few gems work both for the minion skill itself and the minion’s skills. The most common example is Spell Echo. Link that to Raise Spectre, and your spectre’s spells will echo (usually used with Solar Guards). But it also means the actual raising of a spectre will echo, since that is also a spell, meaning you’ll raise two nearby corpses instead of just one when you cast it. Since that’s usually not what I want, I tend to unslot the Spell Echo, raise my spectres, then put it back in.

I can’t handle summoner QoL, even after the improvements (which are non-trivial to be sure).

With the Vaal skill rework they desperately need to figure out something to either use a modifier key to trigger a Vaal version of the skill or cave and give more skill slots. Or both.

Idk what they’re so afraid of with adding more skill slots (other than onboarding, but hell, hide it behind a defaulted-off settings toggle. This is a solved problem!). You’re hard-limited by the slots on your gear anyway. Bleh!

Yeah it’s a problem on some builds, especially if one of your slots goes to Move only. A bandaid solution is to remove any toggled skills (auras, heralds) from your hotbar once you activate them, and replace them with something else.

Yeah, and I do, but that sucks.

I actually prefer not having auras on hotkeys as otherwise I sometimes hit them by accident. My summoner layout gives a hotkey to both regular and Vaal skeletons and that’s been working fine. And i really like that my minions have survived all the boss fights up till now ( start of A10.) Some spectres have died in the temple though, and maybe in one Vaal ruin, and my main QoL beef is that i dont like having to go find replacements.

My spectres seem to die if you look at them sideways. It’s pretty frustrating. The build I’m doing recommends getting them from Act 2 and Act 6, but doesn’t that mean the spectres have low life (i.e., isn’t the life of the spectre somehow tied to the level of the mob you’re raising?). I’ve got raise spectre in a +2 helmet and have it linked to minion life, dunno what else I could do to make them tougher (well, I guess I could get some of the gear people recommend for Animated Guardian, I suppose that would help them).

If moving stuff like auras and use-once-in-a-blue-moon stuff like summoning spectres off the bar like @Bateau said is a deal breaker, then summoner is definitely not your thing. Personally, I’ve gotten so used to it that it barely registers any more.

On CharmingOssifier, my bar is set up like this:

LMB - Summon Stone Golem (this is move only unless you hold shift and click)

Middle button (I actually remapped this to Z cause I hate accidentally hitting it) - Vaal Summon Skeletons

RMB - Flame Dash for emergency and convenience movement

And then the bottom bar is Orb of Storms (with dual curse on hit), Summon Skeleton, Flesh Offering, Desecrate, Animate Guardian

Those last two could be swapped out if I really needed some other skill. And I do exactly that if I need to resummon a spectre, or activate Hatred or Clarity.

Spectres prior to gem level 10-ish are terrible. Don’t expect them to live long. After that they generally do fine, assuming you:

1. Have picked up basic minion survival nodes: Herd the Flock and Puppet Master node clusters, plus the leech minor node up by Death Attunement. Grave Intentions is a nice bonus with all the chaos damage flying around incursions/temple, but you can do OK without it.
  2. Make sure their level is at least as high as the zones you’re running around in. You do this by going to get the spectre from whatever zone it lives in, then entering the higher-level zone and using Desecrate until you get the right corpse. Make sure you enter a new instance of the zone with the spectre in tow, or Desecrate won’t pick it up. And remember that both Desecrate and the Spectre gem have to be high enough level to match the zone.

It’s a bit of an arcane art to get the right level zones for that second bit. If you’re still in story mode it’s fairly easy, just go to the highest level zone you have unlocked. In maps, the highest level you can access is gonna change as you move up, so you have to keep updating. Good news is that once you get a nice high level spectre, it stays at that level - you only have to resummon if it dies or you get access to an even higher level zone. And one additional tip - subzones like master missions and Uber Lab trials are one level higher than the current zone, so you can get a bonus level if you find one of those.

Today was a good day for trading - made the biggest trade so far this league (sold a jewel 17 exalts). I’m a little tempted to roll another character but my Saboteur matches my mapping preferences so well that I just don’t see anything topping it right now.