Path of Exile

I am playing but hardcore league is too hard for me. If I do not want to buy poe orbs there is impossible to play hc without dead for me.

Thanks, good to know.

All characters in the same league share an Atlas. So if your HC SSF Incursion char reveals a bunch of maps, gets bonuses, and collects memory fragments then other HC SSF Incursion chars will have that progress as well. But if you go to another league, like Standard or softcore incursion, it will be a different Atlas.

Even better!

Me 2 weeks ago: mapping sounds cool, I hope I stick with PoE long enough to check it out.
Me tonight: gee there sure are an awful lot of maps…
I’ve done all the t1 and t2s and then a smattering up to 1 t6; getting all the t1-t5 looks like it will take a while and making it to t11 even longer. So maybe I’ll run out of steam before rip’ing this time.

In the latest episode of “Why PoE hardcore is not for me” my summoner died in a Colosseum map when my network connection decided to give up the ghost right in the middle of the boss fight. Which was tricky anyway, since it’s that Daresso clone (not the easiest fight to begin with) and the map mods had double boss, -9% max resists, and the Shaper was there dropping his little orbs of void crap. I was able to get the connection back up and log back in before the zone reset, fortunately, so I still got credit for the map after finishing the fight. But man, that is seriously annoying.

Yeah, they did not stint on the end-game quantity. If you manage to get through all the regular maps, there’s also a smattering of unique maps. Plus of course the very last big boss in the Uber Elder, known only to @Bateau in these parts because the rest of us aren’t good and/or insane enough to get there. :)

Don’t forget to check the guild stash if you are playing incursion SC, there are heaps of white/yellow maps in there. Zana will also sell you a selection of maps as you level her master missions.

Is there any QoL plugins/scripts that can help me notice I’m bleeding (preferably ok’d by GGG)? Bleed still kills me more often than most things, even with staunching flasks - problem mainly being playing at 21:9 keeping the health globe and status icons less front and center. With the WI build, it’s fine while I am engaging and leeching, but after I kill a pack and start moving, if something applied a bleed to me, I may not notice in time. I do have health bars active, but don’t really notice them, much like I don’t notice the bleed visual effect.

I lost my Summoner by chasing an architect in the temple without paying enough attention to the nearby by monsters. I did make it to Yellow Maps which is a first for me but not to red ones as I had hoped.

Were you on hc? Major props if you made it so far on your first attempt at the game.

Yes, ssf hc. Not my first attempt, I have played a few times before, most recently whenever they first switched to 10 acts- but that time I didn’t make it through Act 10 so I hadn’t faced many of the bosses before.
Way way back I made it to the start of merciless but not to maps.

My solution is to make sure that my first health flask is always a bleeding flask. In addition, I have 1 and 5 bound to my tilting scroll wheel on my mouse (tilt left for 1, tilt right for 5); whenever I take a hit or see my health dropping I tilt left and take a sip of that one. So if I’m bleeding, that stops it.

I was going to come back in here and revisit my dissatisfaction with my physical skeleton Summoner. As my Summoner and my Trapper have both gotten to mapping (they’re both level 77 I think) I now find that my Summoner feels much more comfortable to play. Oh, the trapper for sure puts out more DPS, but when I’m playing the Summoner I worry so much less about dying… she’s sort of like the Energizer bunny, she just keeps going and going. And now that the skeletons live a very long time it’s a very low stress playstyle - you just have to get used to herding the crowd around.

One strange thing though - I have an animated guarding with Dying Breath (which gives my guys near it a buff that’s shown as a green circle around their feet). I notice when fighting that the mobs I’m fighting - the bad guys - have this same buff displayed when my guardian is near them. Is it possible the guardian is buffing the enemy mobs?

Dying Breath has a buff for allies and a debuff (inc effect of curses) for enemies, they probably just use the same visual notification to show it is affecting allies and enemies alike, even though the effect differs.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I guess I should read tooltips more carefully!

Don’t undersell yourself, it’s still impressive, especially since it was ssf. Getting past Kitava without dying is a feat on its own for most characters without access to twink gear.

I agree with @Bateau, that’s a fine accomplishment! Certainly a lot better than I did back when I played HC SSF back in the Legacy league.

Nothing that I’m aware of. @Charlatan’s solution of always having a bleeding flask on your first slot is the same method that I use. Still doesn’t help if you completely fail to notice the bleeding, but generally I do manage to figure it out when my screen is rapidly going dark.

I haven’t played a lot in the last couple of weeks, but what I have been doing is mostly in red maps. I finally upgraded to using (5-link) Femurs of the Saints, which did lose me some defense but is a pretty hefty skeleton DPS increase. CharmingOssifier can handle pretty much everything in the maps, though multiple projectiles and/or chain mixed in with massive extra damage is very dangerous since it negates the “hide behind my horde” survival strategy. But when it’s time to do an incursion, she’s definitely not keeping up the pace, even with the staff upgrade. If there’s any kind of map mod that lets the mobs live longer…more life, resists, and so forth…then she has a hard time clearing even a couple of groups before time runs out. And of course if they have offensive bonuses, death comes quickly.

No joke, I have been playing (casually) since 2013 and have never beaten Kitava with a HC character, even the strongest ones I thought could do it.

I also keep my anti-bleed on a life flask, but the best “solution” is to keep it on a utility flask. I’ve been trying to get used to this as I’ve finally switched to using only 1 instant life flask and having anti-bleed on an instant flask is not a good solution.

By end game you can generally keep your flasks up all the time other than your most powerful ones so just get used to hitting those utility flasks every 6 seconds and never bleed again.

It is also possible to corrupt a jewel to make you immune to corrupted blood so if you’re running cheap threshhold jewels endgame you can probably afford to corrupt copies of them until you hit that or look for one in trade. Won’t work in SSF for obvious reasons, unless you are stupidly lucky.

(About skeleton summoners)

Yeah, I forgot to mention that - she still sucks at Incursions, while the Trapper absolutely kicks butt. I don’t know if my summoner has ever been able to kill a boss AND open a passageway in the same trip.

However, she has just started being able to clear Fissures successfully, and that’s new.