Path of Exile

I’m wrapping up my Heist league run, with my zombie necromancer at 94 now. Posted in the build thread that I was using, here it is for reference:

Overall, I enjoyed Heist. The little character interactions of the rogues was entertaining, I liked the Heist mechanics, and the loot was really cranked up in those robberies.

I am glad to hear you used one of Wrecker’s builds. I have often started using one but as with most of my characters, I usually tire out before I get to the end game!

Is there really that big a crossover between PoE and Cyberpunk 2077 players? I guess the GGG marketing folks think so.

Yes. There’s a followup here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/jkmaee/our_reasoning_behind_the_313_launch_delay/

Interesting. Well, I already knew that I was far outside the norm in that I rarely play games when they launch, this just confirms it!

I think especially in the FOMO era driven by social media, people really want to get in while everyone else is playing it. Their friends, favorite streamers, etc.

Will be awkward when 2077 gets pushed into Q1 2021. :-O

Yeah, that would be a bad look, and they even said something about it in the announcement. But…if GGG actually does have things done and ready to launch in early Dec as they say they will, they could always move their date up again.

Stash tab affinities are an outstanding QOL improvement.

Oh thank God. That’s HUGE.

If the dedicated tabs have their affinity set then that means you can just control click or whatever it is and The loot will go to the right tab? That is great!

They did end up allowing this on free stash tabs by the way.

Freebie Twilight Box for the holidays. Good until Jan 8.

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up.

Doesn’t look nearly as interesting as Heist, but who knows, maybe I’ll be surprised.

“You know a design is perfect not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Leonard Nimoy, probably

You have no idea how much I wish this applied to PoE.

This is unsurprising.

It doesn’t show as being free to me. I guess I missed the cutoff time today.

I skipped two leagues, started again and wow! The endgame is so good now, you can focus on the atlas, delves, incursions, heists or any other option. The masters fit into everything smoother than ever, you have some control on what the game drops, depending on what you focus on. The new ritual mechanic is great too, with even more emphasis on the player’s choice and reward. I’m doing a SSF cyclone run and it’s going great, it feels like I have more options available than ever before, rather than the old “grind maps and hope for the best”.