Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Hot Fix 1.09 just dropped.

I’m in the final Chapter 6 dungeon and I’m getting super frustrated by some of the fights. Partly (mostly) due to not having my normal party of characters I used most of the 70 hours as I lost some to … story events, due not not completing their quests (one of which was totally my fault slash intentional, but the other 3 were due to script errors causing me to not be able to). Of those, one of them is critical to my strategy so that sucked. I’ll keep at it, and hopefully we can still beat the game and such.

Reading the hot fix notes, I see at least one companion quest bug that directly caused me to lose access to Linzi was fixed. Sigh. I should have waited to play this. Ah well, nothing for it now. Scratch that, two of them fixed, and one for the aforementioned critical companion I desperately miss. Crap.

From the notes:

This hotfix happens to be a big one – more like a patch, in fact. A big and important feature comes live in this version: from now on, you can choose between different Kingdom region upgrades - which become available together with the new state of your capital, the city outfit.

Also relevant:

Finally, there is one more thing we at Owlcat wanted to talk to you about.

Unfortunately, there is a downside to the speed with which we solve newly-found issues - to be completely honest, it doesn’t leave us enough time to test all of the game thoroughly after each fix. It takes a whole week at minimum to test every aspect of our complex game, so delivering 2-3 hotfixes each week leaves our team only enough time to check fixes locally. Still, we know this is no excuse for issues that persist in the game, as well as those that are added with some of the fixes. Every bug report we receive literally tears us apart with the feeling of guilt for not finding and solving the issue before the game went live. As such, we want to be open with all you Pathfinders, so that you understand our philosophy and our current pipeline. Right now we feel it is more important to keep fixing critical issues as quickly as possible, rather than to stop releasing hotfixes for about 2 weeks and focus on a big patch.

Once we are sure all major problems have been addressed, we will get back to a more stable, “patch-oriented” development approach.

Thank you for your patience and your support! That is what keeps us alive and kicking.