Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I bought the Season Pass, because this game is fantastic and the devs should be fully rewarded. That said, Varnhold’s Lot isn’t great. You are not in charge, Varn is. So when I started playing, I created a party and traveled to the first zone and quickly remembered I forgot to spend the 20k (or whatever) they give you to buy magical gear. No problem, I’ll just travel back to town and buy the gear I need.

“Fuck you,” says Varn. “We’re not done here.” (I’m paraphrasing.) So there I was, in a level 5-7 zone, with adventurers wearing chain mail or worse and wielding normal long swords. It turned practically every fight into a massive challenge more difficult than the final fight of the base game. Well, it wasn’t a challenge so much as a roll of the dice – can I hit and crit them to death before they do the same to me with my pitiful gear? Many fights took over 10 attempts.

Varn is a rogue, and you also get a wizard. But in the final dungeon, spoiler, they both leave you. So there you are in the final dungeon, down to a party of four and probably without a rogue and/or wizard. This is uncool.

Not really a fan.