Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I guess their QA missed testing keybinding on this one too. Camera controls seem to be locked on WASD no matter what I put into the settings panel. Also, I have a lot of the additional settings set to Always (e.g. Show attack target dotted lines) and these don’t seem to stick. I’ve had to go back into settings a few times and change groups of them again because they flip back to the default. I might wait a little bit for the first patch.

I’m very interested in true turn based play so here’s what I found there with setting pause after every round (per character not the end of round for all characters) and watching carefully with the V key trick @Scotch_Lufkin mentioned. I also have the setting that shows a countdown timer from 6.0 so I know exactly when a character acts (on 0.0).

1. Actions like attack seem to properly follow turn based rules like a tabletop game. They’ll stand there and wait until they hit 0.0 in order of their initiative.
  2. Movement commands not caused by an attack or special action seem to completely ignore combat rounds. You can move freely anytime you like, even if it isn’t that character’s turn. Characters moving will continue to move constantly as long as it takes to reach their destination. No turn based movement seems to apply.

Anyone seen a setting that changes that? I’d really like to have fully turn based combat using auto-pause such that movement rules apply in rounds as well. It’s “almost right”…