Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Yeah there’s a wee bit too much clutter and the buttons need to stand out more. Like I get why they chose the color for the buttons they did, but the Manage button just sort of slides under your view as you eyes get drawn down to the “assignments” and rest button. Honestly, there’s no reason whatsoever to put either button anywhere other than the middle of the screen, say under the Time passage b anner thingy. And make them bigger. And glowing purple.

So hard mode apparently gives monsters massive stat boosts. +4 to hit and ac, and I suspect a big fat save bonus. I can’t tell how much of the bonus comes from the two different difficulty settings and want to experiment with that. But that is waaaay too much. Cr is based on a 4 memeber party. But there are specific prescriptions a DM Can follow for a larger table. They do not bump up numbers that dramatically except in very specific cases (e.g. boss monster might be given the advanced template and also might have an optional extra buff it can employ). Certainly regular mooks don’t get that kind of boost.

So I’m playing on normal but like I said I want to tweak the settings to look more closely at the numbers to get a better feel.