Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

I look forward to it!

All the Youtuber love Control Nenio it seems. Phantasm Killer this and Phantasm Killer that.

They have certainly made Throwing Builds stronger.

I do like the changes they made from Traits to Backgrounds, and how skills have been simplified (But every class still gets 2 skill points or more). It looks like, for skill points, each class gets 2 skill points, Plus their regular skill points over 2 cut in half.

So, 2 + (X-2)/2. This makes fighters/Paladins/Wizards/Clerics and the like a bit stronger, because they lose no skill points.

Anyway, with the exception of Prestige classes, I’m keen on those level 20 abilities, so I’m always sticking with Single Class Characters.
Plus, I think you get extra hitpoints for favored class bonuses.

You’re right. I got confused because I followed the Neoseeker build for Seelah and she had a wolf at level 2 that leveled up with her. Turns out that was a weird paladin thing.

Wait, Seelah the Paladin had a wolf? How does that work? She only had a horse option for me.

There is that. Take a chance on a very low roll, perhaps natural 1 only, and insta kill a monster assuming its not immune or do 60 points of damage to everything in a large area without hurting anyone in your party.

It works OK.

What difficulty are you playing on, because the monsters I am talking about general have saving throws in the 30s.

I am not saying the phantasmal killer never works. It does, but takes a fair amount of luck to get it to stick , and toward the end of the game most mobs are immune to mind affecting stuff, but whatever. I have not found those spells to work very well for me.

That’s a lotta DC.

That is a trick. If you take a level in class that provides an animal companion, then all levels stack, even if you would get a different animal companion type with the current class.
So, if you take a Beast Cavalier, and take a Wolf, when you later switch to the Sohei, I think you have the decision to stick with wolf or grab the horse. They all stack though.

It is, and I have no idea how he got it so high. The base DC for a level 9 spell is 19 + int modifer, so even if he got another 10 out of that, its 29 and then he must have a bunch of gear. I have found a ring that improves it by +2, and a few other things, but they do not always stack.

So if Seelah has a wolf from a cavalier, then when her paladin level gets to the point of a pet or sword, she can have a choice between a horse and wolf? Or she chooses the holy weapon option and her wolf continues to level up?

Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, Mythic Spell Focus, that should give +4, correct?
So, that’s 23 before Intelligence bonuses.

I want to say - Wolf or Sword, but it might be Wolf/Horse or sword.
Definitely, Wolf is an option.

I’m just sad that my Bloodrider now has a stupid horse. I was freakin HeMan for a while.

They just need a character builder so you can put stuff together and see what happens without having to actually level them up, then save it as a template that you can follow in game.

Is there a way around all the mind immune stuff? I know about the elemental thing that bypasses fire resistance and immunity. Is there a thing for illusions as well?

I’ve just been rebuilding my 7th level character a bit.

Probably do something else those turns. Maybe cast Fireball or Haste?

If she had a pet/mount from another class and then chose holy weapon the pet/mount wouldn’t level up any more unless you do the limited additional levels available through the boon companion feat.

I have Lann as a Zen Archer 3 + Drovier Druid so he has a pet leopard. I suspect it isn’t a great pairing but through Act 3 he’s still effective with his bow even if the druid spells haven’t been that great so far. Boon companion and then the mythical beast feat turns it into a stunningly effective tank. I thought I was going to take summoning beats feats but I haven’t really used his summoning abilities since my normal 6 member party plus two pets is already clogging many areas.

Nope. The only thing is Undead Bloodlines letting you affect undead as far as I’m aware.

Not that it matters much. Nenio regularly one shots greater demons with a level 4 Phantasmal Killer and then there is always Persistent PK. Mind immune guys exist, but really they’re fairly rare.

I’m on Core and the only stuff with Will Saves that high are bosses or very strong caster demons.
And even then Persistent Phantasmal Killer has a relatively decent chance of mercing them right out of the gate. Even a 20% chance of instant death is really high at the end of the day.