Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

Not having to slowly mouse over each potion or scroll in my inventory for the tool tip trying to figure out if I have what I need since I certainly haven’t memorized every single icon would have shaved like 40 hours off my play time.

The pet change to the UI is a nice QoL addition.

Haha! Yeah, totally. Kinda neutral about the pet management change, as it didn’t really bother me, but this search bar addition to inventory is going to be killer.

Oh, and I’ve started in on a game of the DLC Through the Ashes, since I haven’t had the opportunity yet. Strangely, I decided to let the game choose a name for my character and I missed that it chose the exact same name as my second character I played through the main game. Ha! Can I change the name?

I’m a bit unsure of it at the moment; I’m feeling I really just want to be in the main game and not doing this thing that’s outside of it all. Going to give it a chance, though.

Some more QOL nuggets today.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/xj7mi3

A transmog system, maybe?

They posted online about being able to change a lot of appearance options. Recoloring armors and the like, so full on transmog wouldn’t surprise me.

Latest patch broke a lot for me. Abyssal Anchors don’t work in Midnight Isles meaning so saves. Lots of weirdness with full attacks not executing properly as well.

I have a ridiculous # of builds for this game, most having stalled out in Acts 3 or 4 (20-30 hours of play time each). And I keep making new ones. I need an intervention.

I can’t help ya, buddy.

I think I’ve put 100 hours into just the Midnight Isles since it came out.

Ha! But really, hey, you enjoy playing the way you play. Sad you don’t get to experience a lot of the later game with those builds, but no intervention required. Maybe after you’ve cycled through all the builds you’re interested in trying you’ll take your faves further.

I’m totally the opposite. Only a few builds and I play the game through to completion with each, nothing partial. Your lack of follow-through with your builds makes me itch. I prefer @Balasarius’ more, um, thorough style. I mean, if I had another lifetime to play.

Wow. So which acts are your favorites? I think, based on my play history with the game, that I have to say acts 1-3, and mostly the first two.

I’ve finished the game twice, I just seem to stall out in late Act 3 or somewhere in 4 (which is my least favorite act).

Act 4, by a LARGE margin. I love everything about it. Fortunately, Acts 5 and 6 are relatively quick so I’m able to push through and finish the run after the best part of the game.

I’ve only done the DLC3 stuff integrated into the main story once, so I’m not sure how I feel about it extending the game. There’s a few nice pieces of loot there, but I’m not sure it’s worth the added time burden.

(I skip the Enigma, of course. Fuck everything about that place.)

Act 2 is ok, but Drezen is way too long.
Act 3 has too many large dungeons - “Wintersun,” Blackwater, Ivory Sanctum, and Midnight Fane. E - oh, and Areelu’s but it’s small.
Act 4 has only one dungeon and it’s small!
Act 5 has two dungeons but by then you’re usually so OP I usually just blow through them in RTwP.

Then Threshold to see if my build can one-round Khorramzadeh.

SQUIRREL!!!

Played a few hours with this class and got to level 4. Not following a lot of his Feats recommendations though, and I think Destructive Dispel + dispelling bomb is a better use of a feat slot than something like Outflank, especially for a support class. But this build won’t come into its own until act 3. (also not wasting a feat slot on martial weapon proficiency when the azata superpower makes you proficient in all weapons and armors).

I tried one of these as a merc. The, um, Clarifying Incense? The one that gives you a +2 buff to saves against mind affecting does not work at all. So that’s cool. I usually like to bring a merc alchemist with me for the Vescavor Swarms and I was hoping Clarifying Incense would help. It did not.

The build is weird because it’s split between melee and ranged bombs. I do suppose Azata is the only way to roll with an alchemist, though. Unlike Kingmaker, for some reason there are zero items in Wrath that benefit bombs. I think this generally makes them a poor choice for MC outside of Vivi.

Incense Synthesizers pay 5d6 for their incense, so you’d only want to use the bombs for their effects, not damage. I think I’d rather have it as a merc.

I played a Sword Saint with Death’s Consonant - the Bardiche that uses INT. It works well, but takes a long time to come online. And keep in mind if your primary job is bashing shit over the head with a big 2-hander, you’re gonna need Power Attack and Mythic Power Attack.

Yeah, I find Act IV to be one of my least favorites, too, and the first acts are my faves overall. My first reaction to Act IV way up there in this thread was not positive:

I now find myself in the Abyss after the Midnight Fane portion and things have really gone off the rails. It’s so chaotic, even with the journal telling me what to do, I’m feeling a bit lost. Part of the problem is that I can’t find a place to rest that won’t corrupt me to the point I’m no good in combat so I’m hurrying it rather than doing my usual exploring.

Unfortunately, I’m not enjoying this part of the game and I feel I’ve left something undone or skipped something important earlier. I’m sure it’ll iron itself out, but what a massive shift from the crusade above.

I think it got better once I played through it as a Demon then Angel and already knew some of the tricks of it. Maybe it just fits certain paths better than others.

Perhaps my Abyssal Checklist will provide some minor assistance. This is all the stuff you should do while in the Abyss, less the obvious stuff like the quests and go in all the buildings you can. It’s in a rough order of what you should encounter / do first in each zone.

Abyss Checklist

Lower City -
Xorges
The Rotten Guttery
Bard Group - Intoxicated Demons
Alchemist rooftop group
Minagho
Abyssal Salamander group
Soul Hunter and Deathsnatcher rooftop group
Battlebliss Arena
+ Demongraft
Slaver’s Gang Ambush
Chivarro

Middle City -
Mutasafen
Vendors in Fleshmarket - Raggy, Dyunk, Wirlong Black Mask
Venture Captain Gristoff - Hilor quest
Shamira
Latverk
Demodand Mob Leader group with Thanatotic Titans’ Rune
Morevet and Zerieks
Lilitu group near Ten Thousand Delights
Marilith group near Ten Thousand Delights
Gallu group near lower city elevator
Vavakia group near Harem of Ardent Dreams - attack them before they aggro
Banded armor puzzle
Clear the Fleshmarket - Sarzaksys
Abyssal Conspiracy
Pathetic Quasit

Upper City
Noble Loather of Mortals / Mariliths near the Mage Tower
Scimitar puzzle
Minotaurs near elevator
Merciless Tyrant / Balor group near the portal
Vampire Pack Master group near the Mage Tower - use Holy Aura / Shield of Law to prevent charm
Deadly Duelist and Gallus near Vellexia’s
Vrocks above Vellexia’s
Vrolikai and vampires near Savamelekh’s - use Holy Aura / Shield of Law to prevent charm
Kineticists near Savamelekh’s - Alushinyrra’s Arrogant Aristocrat
Vellexia

I got to level 6 earlier today, early Act 2 stuff, and I enjoy the class a bit, but it’s pretty weak for the early parts of the game. Totally agree on the YT video’s build choices: just a weird hybrid of feat and class selections alternating between ranged and melee rather than focusing on just one, and all because of the Death’s Consonant bardiche. Which isn’t going to be that effective without a lot of supporting Feats he didn’t pick. I’ve been focusing on ranged with it. Going to play him into Act 3 to get the Sacred incense option and see how well that does or doesn’t work in combat, go Azata for the spells. I have enjoyed the Infusion choice allowing personal spells to be cast on party members though.

Infusion is great, but Woljif can do it as a Vivi.

Infusion is neat, and I like alchemists for enemies with really high AC, but much lower touch AC. I’ve been using them a lot in Midnight Isles.