Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

Nope, just choices I’m making with them.

The Wintersun hall fight was bullshit. I like how the devs blatantly break the Pathfinder rules. The chief was able to cast multiple spells and make a full round of attacks with this throwing axes multiple times during that fight. Fortunately for me he kept targeting my main toon and needed a 20 to hit him, leaving the rest of my party free to whittle down his support before focusing on him. But what a bullshit way to create a challenging fight.

Big big patch dropped earlier today. Like a sane person I waited for the patch to the patch and one of those just showed up as well.

Which two companions have you lost and how did you lose them?

This, unfortunately, describes many fights.

Swarm and Gold Dragon were stretch goals. I’ve heard bad things about Devil as well.

Gold Dragon was OK, but not as good as Trickster or Demon. I’m almost done with Angel and it seems like the best so far. Feels like the canonical playthrough.

Daeran and Camilla

Daeran died from the Other, his body is still next to my bed even weeks later. We had sexy times and then the morning conversation mentioned his Other, he urged me to drop it, but I went with the lawful convo choice and got transported into an alternate dream state where I couldn’t solo that damn thing. So I fled through the conveniently placed exit, at which point in time Daeran’s head exploded. Camilla was luring crusaders into an abandoned house in Drezen and sacrificing them to her spirit creature, and being a lawful type of guy I couldn’t abide that, so I punched and bit her to death.

Oh, good, I hope it fixed the 100% load screen bug so I can get back to my game. :(

Oh yeah I always murder Camellia.

But for Daeran, I would have definitely reloaded. Following your alignment isn’t always the best choice. In fact when dealing with your companions it’s often best to follow their alignment.

Speaking of companion death’s, what is the correct choice of Lann at the end? If you force him to stay your group, he then gets a sad ending because you didn’t trust him. If you do trust him and let him do his thing, he dies.

Spoiler alert!

You’ve answered your own question. There is no ‘correct’ ending, but the best choice for Lann is whatever works for your story. For me, it wasn’t about trust, although he tried to make it so. He’s too young to understand. You don’t let your kids do reckless things that can get them killed just to show you trust them. You guide them and show them there are other ways to show trust without the risk. And he wasn’t willing to share his plan, so I had no way of knowing what was going to happen.

I guess that means I’ll be getting a sad ending for him. Poor guy.

I stand corrected! I assumed wrongly that @DeepT was indicating the choice between the only two endings. My mistake!

Not sure if I’d have gotten a better result, though. I did reconcile Lann with his mom, but if there were other things I needed to do, I don’t know what they are to judge. Probably earlier stuff, and I’ve no clue what those are now. Still, that leaves me something to look forward to on future plays if I can avoid too much spoilerish stuff about outcomes.

I like some of the style changes made to the general look of the game with the new patch, like changed portraits and colours. But man, do I ever hate the new sound they added to the tooltip pop-up. Every time I hover over anything now it makes this page opening sound that drives me nuts, and no way to turn it off unless I turn down the interface sound volume. Gah.

I love crunchy character building. But something about WotR has broken me. I simply have no idea what is a good AC at a given level beyond about 5th or 6th. Same with AB and CMD. CL and save DC is easier because it is always either you have maxed it and are effective or you simply don’t do things that require saves.

Between inflated stat blocks and my inexperience with high level games means that I have no idea if my non-casting characters will still be useful in Act 4. I normally don’t care about this but Owlcat’s odd balance spikes combined with the desire to try out other builds (some of which are perhaps more fun then optimized) somehow frustrating me in a way that most games don’t.

They broke auto casting again.

These fucking monkeys.

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine patch notes that keep saying they fixed autocast and charge - forever.”
-Orwell, probably

So, for me when I trusted him, he died. Maybe he will live if I first get him to reconcile with his mother? I think it came to a failed persuasion check if that is the case? The way it worked out with me was that I trusted Lann, he goes down talks to the demon guy and agrees to take the demons poison, seems to survive it, and then shoots the demon in the face. He is then ganked by everyone (your party is no where near him when this happens) and he dies. After you kill everyone he says he was doomed to die early anyway and to let him go. This is a stupid line because he survived the poison so should have been cured of the early death. Then, in a game where you have magical healing and ressurection spells, there is nothing you can do, and thats the end of Lann.

An AC in the upper 30s and lower 40s is good against trash mobs. Against the heavy hitters AC = useless. On character I had I managed to get an AC of 49 (mage with improved mage armor and swarm bonus) and that AC would let me survive a few rounds, but ultimately was still ineffective.

The monster design in this game is just stupid. I firmly believe all monsters should have a designed weakness, but in this game that isn’t the case. You might even see a guy with a low will save, but is immune to charm / mind affecting/ death so that low will save is pointless, or one with a low reflex save but is immune to paralyze like effects and is huge (so it will not fit into a pit spell).

Seriously. I really think Owlcat has busted, unprofessional coding practices. The amount of regression they keep introducing is nuts.

Autocast is something easily noticed. Imagine how many other bugs get reintroduced!

LOL nailed it.

In related, but good, news the live version of 1.1 fixed my 100% stuck load screen going into Drezen so I was already able to wrap up any quests on the world map I still had open, and then I was able to load into the city and wrap up the last of them, so I’m now heading off to Threshold (or something) and I assume that’s the end of the game. Well, I hope anyway - I’m 88 hours into this play through.

I’m a little bummed - before this bug hit me I had run into the Chief of Lann’s tribe and he furthered Lann’s quest at last. But when I couldn’t get into Drezen I did a lot of other stuff such as revert to previous saves in an attempt to get around the bug (to no avail) and in doing so, never repeated that encounter (instead I got a different encounter with a Drow that was also neat, but not a companion quest). I ran around the world map on purpose for about 10 in-game days and the Chief event never happened again. I’m just going to have to shrug and move into Threshold, I suppose. A quest to see through in another play through.