Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

Finished my Angel run last night. It was very good and should probably considered the canon ending. Definitely better than the others I’ve done (GD, Demon, Trickster). Lots of recurring NPCs and interaction that was missing from the other paths.

I romanced Galfrey and it was a bit disappointing. There just wasn’t much there. However, it was pretty cool hearing her barks when she joins your party halfway through Threshold.

I played the whole game on Daring because I felt I was running a weaker party. My MC was a Divine Scion - paladin with Slayer stuffs and no smite. Which was pretty powerful. But, no pets, no pure Paladin for Mark of Justice, no Freebooter, no Cleric. However by the time I was Mythic Level 8 the Angel buffs were quite powerful and I probably could have upped the difficulty to Core. I blew through the Enigma in 70 minutes with RTwP. I only did that because I wanted to Ascend and I wanted to see Galfrey’s card. Spoiler - it wasn’t worth it.

I made Seelah a Mutation Fighter and she was quite powerful. AC of around 65 and she could actually hit shit and do real damage too. +47 AB with Power Attack. But, no Mark of Justice.

I’m super excited to start my next run as a Cavalier - Disciple of the Pike going Legend! That’s probably weird.

That’s good to hear about the angel path, my monk/witch/oracle/vivisectionist/DD/deliverer build is going that route.

I did create a cavalier last night, the Paw subclass. Something about a hobbit riding a dog into battle is hard to resist, especially since my favorite D&D character was my hobbit fighter who ended up becoming the sheriff of Hommlet. He’d patrol on his ebony fly, laser pistol strapped to his hip (Expedition to the Barrier Peaks). The DM at the time (we’d take turns doing it at different stages of the shared campaign) decided to introduce the Giants and Drow series of modules by having a drow war party attack my castle at Hommlet one night, killing the guards and coming into my bedroom. Poor little hobbit had to jump out the tower window, but not before grabbing his figurine of wondrous power, which let him get to the castle armory and gear up a bit before returning to the fight. One of the other party members in our troupe who also lived in the castle was a psionicist (character class fleshed out in a Dragon magazine issue), an elderly half-elf who was a retired history professor from the U of Greyhawk whose psionic abilities manifested when he hit that last age group listed in the old 1st ed’s DMG. He had probability travel and started moving the drow to the astral plane.

But I digress down memory lane. This stuff was from the mid-80s, I’d gotten out of AF basic and the Temple of Elemental Module had come out, so we kicked off a new campaign for it. My hobbit cavalier of the Paw is named Ser Dunk Goodbrook, because I’m terrible with character names.

I mean, I definitely never name any characters like Fartmaster Bootyclap or anything, so you should absolutely fear my judgment on the topic.

This little hotpatch problem about the demon teleporting onto an occupied square is something I encountered just yesterday:

Crusaders!

We’ve prepared a hot-fix for better crusading.

The issue fixed in version 1.1.0k is: in tactical battle, if a demon unit teleports, it teleports into the square occupied by your unit, and becomes untargetable. Now the demons will teleport as all proper demons should, and you will be able to avenge your fallen soldiers.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Interestingly, when I encountered it, it was a demon in my own army that attacked and ended up on top of the enemy, but the enemy units were still able to target them.

Just hit 13th level here in Act 3. Trying to finish up some quests, I’m at the part where I’ve learned how to pierce abyssal seals and figured once I start that quest that’s the end of Act 3.

FYI this is what i am playing. So much better than Kingmaker… but i keep trying new builds. I haven’t read the thread but my thought is the cavalier is a great class. Halflings!

Game moves much smoother, looks much better, and is really good. If I streamed (god forbid) this is what I would be streaming.

The improvement in all ways over Kingmaker is remarkable.

Just had to pop in and say that with the new patch, my inquistor finally has hair! Long, flowing, luscious locks of beautiful black hair. Before the new patch he sported a crew cut when wearing a diadem (he usually wore a hat that completely covered his hair) but now his glorious mane is in full bloom for all to see.

I’ve been chipping away at this since release and am now in the middle of taking Drezen. It’s interesting to see how different my party composition is from other players, and from some videos I’ve seen other people have access to completely different characters than I do and I think that’s really cool.

I’m torn on whether I like Blackwater as a change of pace or if I hate it for being so game-y on how to best approach it. I can’t imagine stumbling into this area early in Act 3, which is entirely possible. I’m at 13th and struggling a little to hit mobs with such high AC and who shrug off everything but lightning. Fortunately for me Nenio is packing a lot of chain lightning spells.

She also has a cantrip that does electrical damage. I also used some +1 long bows that had electrical damage which you can get from random encounters in act 3 that succubus wield.

Yep, but chain lightning is great for those big, hulking augmented marauder terminators.

As long as if you do not run out of chain lighting. If you do, there are other options.

At 13th Nenio had no trouble opening the exit doors, so I’m free to pop out to the world map, rest, and dive back in as needed. I just came upon a Chief Khara, looks like a rough fight.

I first did that dungeon back when they were immune to electrical damage.

Fun times.

Ser Bitey, fully buffed, now has a 42 STR, and with a little luck on the rolls could crit down one of those armored marauder demons in a single round. Chain lightning helped clear the room, but it only shortened the fight. They needed 20s to hit me.

Queen Galdrey sure takes her sweet time showing up when summoned.

Rank 11 army super-stacks are like a Cat 5 ‘finger of god’ level of destruction, especially with a level 14 mage general.

Mage generals are really the only solution.

Mage generals are so wildly more effective that choosing anything else for your primary (only) super army would be, um, a poor choice. I lucked into having my first general chosen be a mage and never looked back. Gaunther’s Hoard evolved to be Gaunther’s Fire and she’s burning her way across Golarion.

I do enjoy (on my relatively easy difficulty) how simple it is to manage the Crusade as I head into endgame, and how there is no struggle to wipe the demon armies off the map, even if they have a strength a couple notches above my own. Gaunther can slay multiple stacks of the enemy with a single spell, leaving the troops to mop up.

I think the big patch might’ve actually, and finally, fixed charge. My hobbit cavalier of the paw has yet to have it bug on him.

Heh, I went mount for Seelah instead of divine bond so both of my two tanks charge into combat. So far at level 5.5 not a single charge bug since the big patch.

Yeah, haven’t noticed anything odd about Charge for a bit and I’ve switched from having Seelah and her horse Shadow separate to having her mounted all the time.

I’ve been working Nenio’s final quest to finish it up before hitting the end. This is going to take a while. Hope to finish it up tomorrow.

Anyone know if there are right answers to the invisible bridge questions in Enigma?