Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

I don’t think the answers matter, unless you’re going for the achievement. Then they matter a lot. You have to reject or refuse to answer all the questions - even when Nenio tells you what to answer.

Wow is this just a hard game? or am i getting worse at these things?

It’s a little easier than Kingmaker but there are more than a few encounters that are poorly tuned.

Is there any way to see health bars outside of combat? I am doing a pet heavy run (5 pets so far, could have a 6th if I gave someone the triceratops) and after combat ends, there is no way to see who is hurt other than to scroll the portrait view, which is kind of cluncky.

Also did they reduce the difficulty on normal in a recent patch? I have finding it to be a cake walk now except for some bosses that are still total bullshit. It doesn’t keep difficulty sliders between games does it? I just want to make sure I do not have some setting that is making this much easier than they should be which might have held over from the final battle in my last play through.

It also could be that I have 4 wolves and a pet dragon.

It starts hitting you with difficulty spikes right away though. Even the intro dungeon has at least two fights that can be extremely rough.

I’m rerunning the initial maze, and there are finally a few places to grab Frost Resistance potions/scrolls. Finally.

They like to throw some really overtuned stuff at you, oftentimes feeling like at random. By that I mean it’s not like the big bad at the end of an area/dungeon is overtuned, it’s just just a group of bullshit enemies located on the map.

You’re likely not getting any worse, it’s just that you’re playing a poorly (or at least unevenly) tuned game.

You’re using an Unfair difficulty strat on Normal. You should expect it to be easy.

Well its just that I noticed that some of the saves for some of the monsters were really low.
Also it will be interesting to see if the final area I can do without cranking down the difficulty.

I am also trying to do Nenio as a proper illusionist and not just a nuker like I have used her in past games. I am still having very poor luck with phantasmal killer considering it requires two saves to kill someone. I think once she gets persistent spell and maybe the epic feat to lower its meta magic level, that should greatly improve her ability to PK shit.

Nenio regularly one shots dudes for me in Act 4, but it’s often a matter of roughly knowing the saves you’re going against. There is enough bonus DC options to get those numbers pretty high and persistent spell (and heightened for that matter) can do some work.

Still she’s not gonna drop major demons super easy very often.

Man, I hope Wintersun was the wrong place to go right after Drezen. The trash mobs are hard enough, but the bosses seem close to impossible for my lvl 10 party (core difficulty).
Any suggestions for where I should go instead?

Thanks. I don’t go after achievements so wasn’t even aware one was involved in order to have an effect on my choices.

But wow, I made it to the last battle in Enigma and I didn’t quite make it through. Have to try that one again next chance I have, but it was a long one. Felt it was going well but it had multiple waves that I didn’t expect.

Kill the dragon, Molten Scar, Pulura’s Falls (depending on your Mythic), Areelu’s Lab.

Thanks, I’ll give it a go.

It’s pretty gnarly. Blackwater can also be really nasty.

Most other stuff isn’t too bad.

Did they up corruption in a recent patch (not necessarily the last patch)?
In my previous playthroughs I though you could normally rest like 3 times assuming you could make your warding roll before you hit tier 1 corruption. Now it seems if you make your roll you get only ONE rest before you will get guaranteed corruption. That will make traveling across the map that takes a few days quite difficult. Was this a change or there some event I was not aware of that made it easier to rest without corruption?

I am not sure what to do about it.

Corruption resistance is a product of Lore: Religion when camping.

Did you swap out someone that was good at it? The DC also might be higher in whatever area you’re in.

No, I am saying that when I would make the roll by camping on the world map (DC 15) I could camp about 3 times before hitting tier 1 corruption. Now if I make the roll on the world map, still DC 15, I can only camp 1 time and any more than that, I will have corruption even if make the roll.

To put it another way, recall being able to travel 2 days on the world map and still be able to rest 1 more time and NOT have any corruption assuming you always make your DC roll.

Now, if I travel 1 day on the world map and make my DC roll, the next time I rest, even if I make my DC check, I WILL have corruption.

Yeah, that doesn’t seem right. That’s the results of failing rolls previously.

Maybe I wrong or something odd happened or it was something I did not notice right away. Basically I made a trip to wintersun and rested right before I entered. I made my DC and went from 0 corruption to just a bit below corruption level 1.

However, just now I was traveling above drezen and rested and the corruption was just a tiny bit.