Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

Finally finished my third game as a Sorcerer Angel. Have to say, I can’t imagine a more perfect and proper path through the game than the Angel path took me. It checked off so many boxes, I’m pretty sure this was the story as it was meant to be told, and my two previous games (Trickster/Legend and Demon paths) were just side bars to this outstanding story.

So much was answered that was left a mystery in my previous games, and I even got an additional ‘ending’ battle that I didn’t have before. It also seemed that the lives of everyone, everywhere, were better because of what I did. And Galfrey and I went off happily ever after.

Really, if you’ve not done the Angel path, this is the way to go. Simply fantastic.

Absolutely, if you’re only going to play the game once, Angel is the way to go.

I’m currently playing my second Aeon run and decided to not be Lawful Asshole this time. And it breaks the mythic path. The whole schtick with the Aeon is that they can go back in time and “fix” things, but if you’re not Lawful Asshole enough you can’t go back in time, or at least you can’t fix things as much as you want. So, you know what? Fuck that. I cut a deal with Melies.

Part of the problem is I got an awesome Shield Bearer (Warpriest) build in my head that I really want to try out, so I’m anxious to finish this run.

That’s cool to hear that the Aeon path brings an entirely new dimension to the game in the time travel option. Does it offer a significant difference in how the story progresses (without giving away spoilers)? I fully intend on playing through again later (heading into a reply of DA:Inquisition now, in prep for DA4) but like my games to be as different as possible in how they roll out.

Let’s hear more about this Warpriest build.

It’s hard to answer without getting spoilery. You still go to the same places and kill the same enemies. Although the final dungeon is very different… And the ending slides are fantastic. Just be sure to put on your best Judge Dredd impression. “You were disarmed in combat with a demon, so you picked up a fallen comrade’s sword? That’s looting! Off to Nerosyan with you stand trial!” And the reverse is true in the Abyss. You must put on trial those who’s minds are too lawful for the chaotic plane.

The inquisitor class gets some lite synergy with the Aeon Bane ability.

Warpriest - Shield Bearer
Race: Kitsune - pounce is OP
Background: Shackles Corsair
Diety: Godclaw OR Irori
Base Stats - 16 / 15 / 12 / 10 / 14 / 10
Skills: Athletics, L:R

Useful spells (not taking any Enduring mythic powers, so looking at spells that last a long time by default)
3 - Delay Poison, Communal // Magical Vestment
4 - Divine Power // FoM // Greater Magic Weapon
5 - Stoneskin, Communal
6 - Dispel Magic, Greater // Eaglesoul

1 - Two-Weapon Fighting // Weapon Focus: Scimitar
3 - Power Attack // Cleave
5 - Outflank
6 - Cleaving Finish
7 - Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (Dex 17 Required)
9 - Improved Critical: Scimitar // Greater Weapon Focus: Scimitar
11 - Vulpine Pounce
12 - Shield Master
13 - Bashing Finish
15 - Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (Dex 19 Required) // Weapon Specialization: Scimitar
17 - Greater Weapon Specialization: Scimitar
18 - Double Slice
19 - Improved Initiative OR Combat Reflexes

Warpriest can qualify for feats as if they had a full BAB, even though they only have a 3/4 BAB.

Looking forward to using Faith Bearer with this build. Hopefully it’s not bugged!

DLC3 teaser!

No date?

Looking forward to it! The roguelike modes are like a build laboratory speed mode.

Oh hey more news!

Any word on what the enhanced edition actually enhances?

Other than controls, not much yet!

3rd DLC releasing on my wife and I’s 30th anniversary. Hmmm, play it or take her out? I only put 7 pts into Wisdom when I was born, not sure which choice to take here.

Hmm, depending on your Charisma score you might want to roll against that instead.

Well, if you’re going Lich anyhow…

Whelp, I’m f(cked. :P

Well… not if you play PF vs. taking her out…

Well I think I am at the end of this game… not in frustration but actually at the end. I am torn a little about it – so totally epic in some ways (literally) and the music is great. Plus wow I guess there are 50-eleven classes to play (hint an instinctive barbarian mixed with a witch iceplant multiclass is a wrecker).

I rarely felt that cool exploratory time … ie the Baldur’s Gate 2 chapter 2 time. I always felt pushed. But hey its a fantastic game. 8 oughta 10.

So I played quite a bit of this back when it came out but put it aside for a few months. I’m back now, but my party seems to walk really slow and the whole game kind of chugs a bit. My machine isn’t great anymore but I don’t recall this problem previously when I played and it was noticeable as soon as I started. And I’m not encumbered. No mods either. Is this a known issue/bug recently? I checked the Steam forums but it’s hard to find comparable issues there with all the chatter so I figured I’d check here.

Hrm, no, I don’t recall that one. Did you press shift-space at some point to enter slo-mode?

I’m sorry to say the game is in a shitty state right now. 1.3.6 introduced a ton of new bugs. Off the top of my head there’s -

o The True Seeing / invisibility bug. They messed with invisibility and broke it. This makes everything in Act 4 and beyond way harder than it should be, OR, you could carry around an alchemist for the sole purpose to passing out Echolocation to everyone. Even the succubus in Act 1 never loses invis when they attack you.
o Mounted aggro is broken in turn-based-mode. Enemies will run right by your tank if they’re mounted. Works in RTwP, though…
o Pets running backwards. Affects demons, too. Fortunately, it’s purely cosmetic but fuck if it doesn’t look dumb as shit. They fixed it for horses and only horses.

o Some items intermittently lose their equipped bonus. This has been a bug since day 1.

I know they’ve been sitting on v1.4 since June, so hopefully they will release a patch “any day now.” But at this point it probably won’t be until Aug 11th when the 3rd DLC releases.

Someone released a mod to fix the True Seeing bug, so hopefully I can bench Woljif this run. Still, I really wanted to have Seelah mounted this run but I can’t because of the aggro bug.

Nonetheless, I love this game and I’m still actively playing, bugs and all.

E -
o Skeletal Salesman no longer sells his updated inventory in Act 5, locking out some of the best items in the game.

I don’t think so but I’ll check the next time I boot this up. The only real ‘help’ I found on the Steam boards was to install a mod that lets you slow animation. That seems less than optimal.