Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

I rage-quit my current playthrough last night because of the True Seeing bug. Todays beta patch makes no mention of it, so we may be waiting a while for a fix.

I tried the shift-space thing myself and it only works in combat, so Iā€™m not sure what could be causing your issue. :-/

The ā€œgoodā€ news is that Owlcat is as bad at writing patch notes as they are at code. Iā€™m about 95% sure the True Seeing / Invis bug is fixed in 1.4.x. I was chatting with a junior Owlcat dev a few weeks ago and it was fixed in the beta he was using.

For example, this was not in the patch notes -

Hereā€™s a small mod that claims to fix the True Seeing bug - GitHub - Bobster1246/BugFixes: A small mod for fixing bugs in WOTR

I just got access to True Seeing in my current run so I havenā€™t tested it yet.

E - it works!

I was wondering why my two mounted characters were getting so many attacks of opportunity. I figured maybe there was some new ā€œhit the squishy charactersā€ flag for the AI.

So last night I finished the first part of the game up thru the Gray Garrison and then having the Queen arrive to begin the Fifth Crusade! Yay Me!!! ā€¦and the movements of characters was still in a fast slo-mo. Better not in combat, but still slower than I think it should be. Iā€™d updated my video drivers and tried dropping my resolution a bit but neither seemed to help.

And after Iā€™d gone thru the cutscenes after my win at GG I had a total of maybe 5 characters on the screen with two of them being me and my cat and the others all npcs and when I tried to move to talk to one I was getting maybe 2 fps at best. Restart of game didntā€™ help but a restart of my system at least got it back to fast slo-mo where itā€™s playable. This wouldnā€™t be so weird if I hadnā€™t spent over 30 hours playing it previously and never noticed this kind of slowdown.

Oh well, still a great game and I have plenty left to do.

Back in the day, we used to say to do things like:

• shutdown all background programs that are unnecessary, including security software (if you disconnect from the net first) to ensure nothing is interfering with running the game

• check HD space to ensure thereā€™s enough available

• take a look at memory, GPU, and disk usage stats while playing to see if any are bottle-necking performance

If you have an NVIDIA GPU, perhaps letting GeForce Experience optimize the game for you as a starting point and then tweak settings after that to see if anything pops out as helping. Itā€™s possible itā€™s not a resolution issue, but one with textures, shadows, lighting, AA, etc.

So if I start a new game, are there advantages to playing Through the Ashes with the new toon compared to when the game launched last year?

Sadly no - the reward for completing Beyond The Ashes in the main campaign is beyond useless.

Now the Inevitable Excess reward isnā€™t bad, and if you kill the secret boss, the rewards are quite good. A +7 ring of protection at level 7 for killing the boss on Normal, and a +6 belt of physical perfection at level 14 for killing the boss on Core. Thereā€™s also +8 helm of mental perfection at level 17, but it requires that you killed the secret boss on hard. Itā€™s also bugged, but itā€™s presumably fixed in the beta build thatā€™s going live on the 11th.

Guess I could try this, but that would require allowing the Geforce Experience to install on my machine, which doesnā€™t sound optimal to me.

Oh, Iā€™ve gone thru killing off rando background programs. I also dropped graphic settings some but neither really did much noticeable help. I did find that I was in ā€˜fullscreen borderless windowā€™ and changed it to ā€˜exclusive fullscreenā€™. That might have helped a bit, but itā€™s hard to say. They most obvious problem occurred after Iā€™d played a while and gone thru some cutscenes only to have my fps be around 1-2 after I regained control of my guy.

At this point itā€™s still playable though I still think I would have noticed this back when I was initially playing all those months ago. Regardless, thanks for the ideas/help.

Delayed until the 30th. Which is probably for the best given that the 1.4.0d beta is a mess. It fixes almost nothing and introduces new bugs.

Started a new game, human Cavalier/Gendarme, no idea on mythic path, heā€™s chaotic good so might go angel since Iā€™ve yet to explore that one, though the cheese with the trickster path combined wtih a reach 2-hander is always tempting for min/maxing. Spirited Charge with combat reflexes and a masterwork greatsword at 2nd level is loads of fun, killed the water elemental for the first time, though he took my mount out from underneath me before dying.

Itā€™s not fixed in the beta.

Then again, almost nothing is. Did you see in the patch notes that they made Mind Blank block True Seeing? Cool. So they fixed True Seeing then nerfed it. Vavakia Vanguards have Displacement and Mind Blank, and you thought they were hard to hit before? JFC. Good thing Iā€™m doing a Lich run with Corrupt Magic, the strongest dispel in the game.

Iā€™ll hit Threshold tomorrow.

Game has locked up or crashed about 5 times now and Iā€™m just at the inn. Was never this unstable earlier in the year.

Thatā€™s weird. Despite the gameā€™s faults, itā€™s pretty stable. In a hundred hour run, I typically only get a handful of crashes. Like three or four.

Yeah, itā€™s been a surprise to me, the 400+ hours I have in the game didnā€™t see this frequent issues.

So frustrating, really enjoying playing this Gendarme build (reach weapon + lots of cleaving) but the game is just crash-a-palooza for me now. Only change is the HDR monitor, so I turned HDR off in Win10 and it still crashes.

Post your log file to the Owlcat Discord. Or even Iā€™ll take a look at it if you want.

Is it the game.log located here: \%userprofile$\appdata\locallow\owlcat games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous?

Yeah. GameLog.txt or GameLogFull.txt.

Not sure on the best way to get a 5mb txt file your way. Is there something specific you tend to search for when combing through one?