Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

I really dislike the patching process of this game, Mount & Blade 2 is another bad example. Seems to download gigabytes each time and then repatch $30+GB of files.

I have heard that’s just a Unity thing.

Interesting, I never noticed for WotR. It’s probably too fast or always patches in the background for it to have an effect.

The Treasures DLC seems to have been particularly buggy. Is that just my impression from the recent swath of patches since its release? I’ve not played it yet, might do so as part of my current campaign when I get to it, but I also haven’t heard much to make me want to play it, either.

I felt that DLC3 was slightly less buggy than typical Owlcat content. But I suppose that depends on the bugs you encountered.

Odd that they chose to nerf Finnean after 13 months. Probably because his Tier 3 form was weaker than Tier 2.

DLC Season 2 Announced.

Kinda disappointing, but their DLC usually is.

Yeah, no kidding. #4 I’ll buy for the new class and companion, but #s 5 + 6 do not sound at all interesting to me.

So weird. What was the point of their survey to gauge interest in various DLCs if they were about to dump this on us anyway? Was a matter of figuring out how to bundle it maybe? In the email they said “It helped us plan the content for the next season, and will likely keep helping us in the future.” Hmm.

Yeah, I’m with y’all. Despite my love for the game, underwhelming is a good word for it. It’s so odd when I see this massive game with all that it offers only a few dollars more than the Season 2 Pass which has only a fraction of the base game itself.

Having said that, like most players that have put in hundreds of hours, I’ll probably get the content anyway. I may time it with my next game, though, since I’m still in Chapter 3 of my current story. Perhaps it’ll be on sale by then and make more sense as a purchase.

I guess that was for a Season 3 of DLC? Maybe they figure they can have a small team working on DLC for Wrath and maintaining interest in Pathfinder while the main team fucks around with Rogue Trader.

Yeah, I suppose. But you’d think that sales of these DLC would tell them that without a survey. Still, I do love a good survey. I have opinions!

But no word when any of this is arriving? Did I miss a piece where it’s mentioned? I only see ‘coming soon’ and the fact that it’s a pre-order, although it’ll be confusing for a bunch of people buying it since the store pages everywhere seem to suggest that’s available now.

Got my Witch-Lich build up to 13th level, throwing out 8th level spells in Act 3 and now I’m wanting to go Brown-fur Transmuter + Azata and need an intervention before I crack 600 hours in this game. Cyberpunk 2077 keeps calling and I never seem to get around to it.

BFTs are great buffers, but not very satisfying as an MC. Get a merc.

Did you find any of the Midnight Isles DLC worthwhile? I’m nearly done the first set of islands in Act 3 and it has to be the most boring and worthless bunch of mostly empty spaces with enemies just standing around waiting for someone to come along and kill them. It doesn’t make any sense, is totally outside the story of the game, and doesn’t make me want to ever do it again.

Whoever thought this was a good fit for the game probably just through how easy it was to relight and recolour existing areas, reuse/rename already existing opponents, string 'em altogether and let the player plod their way through. Practically no use of skills outside of perception checks for traps, very little dialogue, and the loot/rewards feel like they’re going to power-up my party just a bit beyond what they’d usually have.

Am I the only one? Probably playing it during the main game was a mistake. Playing it on its own as a playground for testing builds may be the way to get some fun out of it. Ugh.

Yeah DLC3 works a lot better in the stand alone rogue-like mode. I did it once as part of the main campaign and it was rough. I skip them, now.

Giving access to the vendor that early with everything throws the game balance out the window as well.

You’re level 10? How do you feel about +5 weapons and +6 stat items?
Don’t worry about money because you’ll be selling a hundred +1/+2 weapons from each island. Also there are way too many islands.

Yes, I ignore the vendor too. Except for maybe cooking supplies. Why is rice so damn rare?

I have started playing this again after nearly a year hiatus.
Is there a way to start combat where everyone gets a full action? It seems if I have one character attack, they can do their full action, but everyone else gets like a half-action round.

Currently I am playing a kineticist and so far it is kind of ‘meh’, I have 18 dex and 19 con ( level 4 now). I started with fire, and plan on going with earth at level 7 and picking up deadly earth at level 12.

Anyway, I am also thinking about a monk for my next run and have googled this, but it seems that people think monks suck or are very glass cannon like. I was thinking of going with a quarter staff monk since I found so many results saying how unarmed monks are terrible. Does anyone have any monk advice? I was thinking trying the aeon mythic path with the monk since I have not played that yet.

If you initiate combat with an attack you’ll get a surprise round, where your side gets either a move or a standard action. After the surprise round is over you’ll be able to take full actions.

Kineticists start slow, especially if you choose an energy blast for your first element. It gets a lot better once you have Ascendant Element, and they turn into absolute monsters in the late game. I always bring one.

Following up on what Gopher said, there are some cool bugs where the person who initiates combat sometimes will still get a full attack even though they shouldn’t, and another cool bug where someone in your party gets skipped during the surprise round and that someone is usually (but not always) your MC. You know, the highest damage dealer in the party.

Deadly Earth is cheesy but great fun. Everyone should try it once! Clearing whole rooms in a single cast will always bring a smile to my face. I did an Elemental Engine with Fire → Earth → Fire in a recent run and it was great. cRPG Bro has a good build here → https://youtu.be/lWwoJlLxqUc He goes Demon mythic path to leverage synergies with Bowling Infusion, but honestly Kineticist is so OP any mythic would work.

Whoever said monks were weak were very wrong, at least when it comes to Wrath. With Archmage Armor they can tank better than any plate wearer. You can use a potion to cast it, the Skeletal Vendor sells a bunch, and even a level 1 potion lasts an hour. Pummeling Style → Pummeling Charge grants pounce, which is an incredible ability. You can further cheese it by going Kitsune and taking Master Shapeshifter which gives +4 to all physical stats. But with Pummeling Charge you can still pounce.

I’ve levelled up a few monks now and I wasn’t very happy with my QSM. Turns out staves aren’t particularly great weapons, and conversely there are several cool items in the game that boost Unarmed. It was fine, though.

In my research for QSM, I did find a few builds that went Pummeling Style → Pummeling Charge, but the ability very clearly states it only works with Unarmed attacks. I was using an overhaul mod, Table Top Tweaks, and Pummeling Charge did not work for me. You might want to test it out in the base game.

I usually go Aeon with my monks as well because it fits thematically. Just be prepared to be Lawful Asshole to get the best endings. Mercy is for the weak.

Quoted for the truth of it. I went Aeon with my kineticist and it was pretty OP.

I just got some new ability, “Flesh of Stone” in it it says it gives me 1dr for every 2 levels I have. However, if I accept 1 burn, it will give me 1dr for each level I have.

The question is, how do I ‘accept burn’ ? Why my character has a burn of 4, I still only get the every other level affect.