Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

reserved

Reserved for rebuttal

Reserved for snarky remark.

LOL, you guys.

The Kickstarter was supposed to go live more than half an hour ago, so not sure what the hold up is. I wanted to provide links, pictures, and talk about it but who knows whatā€™s going on. Hopefully nothing major.

There is some hands on already though:
https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/02/04/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-preview-kickstarter-crusade-commander-mythic-paths/

And this article contains the Kickstarter Video.

Reserved for awful remark that is quickly deleted

Reserved for post that should have been in a different thread.

The Kickstarter is live! My reserved thread has been sort of buried, so letā€™s try this again. :)

As linked above, here is the video. I think this sounds terrific, not to mention incredibly impressive, if they can pull it off. It sounds like they are aiming for the first half of 2021, so more than a year out, but I hope they take the time to make it great right from launch.

Iā€™m in at the $299 tier!

The Kickstarter broke $50k in about an hour. Seems to be going up really fast.

Im in as well. Only went for the $40 tier for now but will add more if they need it near the end of the campaign.

This game is SO in my wheelhouse I want to support it and have more games like this going forward.

Thatā€™s awesome!

I did the $99 mark so I can be in the beta and offer suggestions/cover it on my channel.

And yeah, this thing is growing crazy fast so far. Hopefully it can maintain momentum and hit some sweet goals.

Scott,

Never really had a chance to say how I love the work you do with games like these. Great job.

Kickstarter just hit $75,000. I donā€™t think I have seen one go up this fast before.

Thanks! I appreciate that!

Like Iā€™ve mentioned elsewhere, Iā€™m pretty tired of playing 2D iso RPGs (eg Pillars 1&2) and really loved the 3D iso rotatable camera (as seen in Divinity original sin 1&2).

If this is a consideration for anyone else, Iā€™d just like to point out that this game has upgraded to a rotatable engine as well! This can be seen in the video and the kickstarter page. PCworld commented on it in their article.

The maps are also impressive. Our demo covered a single event, a demonic assault on the fortress of Drezen. Itā€™s huge , and very verticalā€”and all one map. Owlcat demonstrated how a crafty player could gain access to the ramparts, then fire arrows and spells down onto hapless enemies below, a decidedly modern addition to the otherwise Infinity Engine-style combat. Oh, and you can now rotate the camera as well. Itā€™s a simple change, but vital. Freed from worrying about the playerā€™s view being obstructed, Owlcat can make taller and more complicated structures.

So yeah, Iā€™m pretty exciting to see this!

Looks like they also have at least one video, something that was sorely lacking in PF:KM. Itā€™s the simple ā€œanimated comicā€ style, but thatā€™s fine. Hereā€™s hoping there are several in the game.

I noticed none of the tiers seem to have a season pass associated with them. Interesting choice.

I was just coming to post that. Hrm.

I mean I am going to back it, but now I have to decide if I want beta access or not, and I am thinking not. Or at least trying to convince myself not to spring for it.

I can just live vicariously through @Scotch_Lufkin on youtube

IIRC this was added later in the Kingmaker setup, and was given to users of a certain tier for free after the fact.

@Balasarius Did you watch the full trailer? They show off some really interesting gameplay/spell animations in it, and even have some word from Chris Avellone.