Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

His weapon options differ from companion to companion. Perhaps only the weapon types they are skilled in?

In that case he should have shown up as a Rapier for Camellia, since she was wielding him previously.

I get a lot of milage out of Camilla so far, especially after getting the duelist feat, and adding Keen to her rapier.

Camellia is coming into her own. She was a terrible fit for my party (other than the much-needed trickery for a time) but Iā€™ve got her in a pretty good place. Sheā€™s still probably the first one I toss if I need to swap someone in, but sheā€™s certainly pulling her own weight.

For the first few levels she just missed everything she attacked and had a small selection of the same spells my main Cleric already had access to, so wasnā€™t too useful. :)

Yeah, Camellia becomes pretty good.

Itā€™s just a damn shameā€¦

Hopefully the upcoming companion DLC adds like three of them.

Iā€™m sort of the same. What I need is a good healer. Mechanically I should use Woljif as my trickery and flanker with Ember providing healing and hexes. I tend to forget about Camelliaā€™s spells anyway so Iā€™m not making full use of her. But Ember crosses some sort of line; sheā€™s too young.

Plus I tend to hoard spells. Camellia can at least attempt to fight and tank when she isnā€™t casting. Ember really canā€™t.

Good to know on the respec-ing, I was going to do it after realizing at level 8 that Iā€™d wasted a feat with my cavalier. At 8th you get a bonus mounted combat feat, but Iā€™d already taken all of them, so there was nothing left to choose and I lost that. So I was going to respect him at some point soon, but now. . . .

While we talk about respeccing I might as well ask which mod works best. I want to play around with builds for Woljif and Camellia. Iā€™m fine with keeping their Owlcat given starting levels but I think I messed up Woljif and I want to pick different hexes for Camellia.

I suppose it is best to use Toybox to add money and simply pay the Hilor.

General Pathfinder question: How does it work if you multiclass two Divine or two Arcane classes in terms of number/level of spells they have available? This example isnā€™t something Iā€™m looking at doing, but what if I start with Cleric and multiclass into Oracle or something that has Divine spells. If my Cleric has access the 5th level spells, does it stay stuck at 5th level until my Oracle level gets access to 6th? Or is the Divine spell level stuff shared? Iā€™m assuming itā€™s the former and Iā€™d just get additional 1st and 2nd level spells as I put levels into Oracle at the start. Again, not something Iā€™m going to do, just an example.

If youā€™re not looking to respec them from the ground up, thatā€™s the way to go IMO. Least intrusive / risk for something to go wrong. If you ARE wanting to respec someone completely, ToyBox works fine.

The two spellbox, spell slots, and all casting levels are separate. I have Woljif as a 3rd level eldritch trickster and a 2nd level hexcrafter. He has two different spellbooks in the character screen. All the spells appear in the S tab on the in map UI but I believe that they are listed in two different slots if I pick the same spell from both classes (such as picking mage armor from both)

Thank you for the clarification! I thought it probably worked that way but wanted to make sure. This playthrough Iā€™ve just done ā€œboringā€ single class specs because the number of options is kind of overwhelming, but Iā€™d love to delve into multiclassing. Thatā€™s the kind of stuff that I love in games.

Also, keep in mind, the caster level is based on the spell book.

Usually the rule of thumb is, outside of the mystic theurge, never mix spellcasters together.

In fact, the way a lot of abilities work, saves are usually 10+half class + primary casting feat. That means, whenever you split things up, you lose not only higher level spells, but your abilities get weaker, as enemies get stronger saves.

If you want to multiclass, look at the prestige classes, and see ways to reach them. They usually help make up for losses of multiclassing.

Hereā€™s another question: Is there a way I can see what the BAB progression is for various classes (aside from just scrolling all the way through)? Is there a way to tell what the primary scaling stat for a class is before picking it? For some itā€™s clear (a Wizard needs Int) but for others Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s INT, WIS, CHA, etc.

Only when you level up.

In general, it scales with hit points. Classes that give 6 or more Hitpoints scale +1 BAB per level.
5 hitpoints (Clerics/Druids/Hunters/Rogues/Shaman/Bards/Skalds) gain 3 BAB per 4 levels (0,1,2,3,3,4,5,6,6,7)

Wizards, Witches, Feyspeaker Druids, Arcanist, all 1/2 BAB

Primary casting.

Wizard, Witch, Eldritch Rogue, Alchemist,Magus, all intelligence, except for a few Archetypes.

Clerics, Druids, Shaman, Ranger, Inquisitor, Wisdom

Oracle, Sorcerer, Bard, Skald, Paladin, Bloodrager - Charisma

Kinecticust - Constitution

Hope that helps @KevinC

Makes sense. I donā€™t really like Woljifā€™s first 3 levels but they arenā€™t that bad. Actually Iā€™m not sure that I can think of a way to save Woljif. I like his character (teenager magical thief) but he doesnā€™t fit my party well.

Lann - ranged druid
Nenio - full arcane / maybe EK for BAB
Seelah - either reach or s&b tank (note that Iā€™m willing to ignore TWF and use 4 attacks plus haste if I keep the shield)
Main Character - Sohei 12 / Inquisitor 8 (Aeon path) probably ranged

I need a healer and someone to tank (I have two dogs but I donā€™t think they will be able to tank much longer). I had hoped that Woljif could be a dex tank but I donā€™t see a good way unless I go sword saint with a single dagger which seems simply silly.

It did, thanks!

Anyone else getting some UI bugs since the update? I keep getting into states (I think itā€™s after dialog) where I canā€™t select my party and the game wonā€™t react to a lot of keypresses. Iā€™ve found a way around it by hitting B to bring up the spellbook then closing it. However, just now I hit R to rest in town and my game is completely bugged. I teleported to the citadel but I didnā€™t get a rest screen and I canā€™t seem to click on anything. EDIT: Looks like the ā€œbring up spellbookā€ trick unstuck that case too. Phew.

Also, seems they still havenā€™t fixed the bug where it un-memorizes all the Domain spells on my cleric every time I load the game or level up. Grrr.

The game seems very buggy after the patch. Iā€™m getting massive framerate drops. As in, so slow even my mouse is skipping around. No weather effects or anything but it happens when Iā€™m in battle. Once the battle ends it immediately speeds beck up. Got stuck a couple times in turn based mode where I couldnā€™t take any action or end a characterā€™s turn.

This happened to me as well - I waited for a while, and could move again after pressing a few keys. Iā€™ve read others had success with bringing up spellbook through keystroke, and then the game unfroze.

In other news - I am considering starting over with a new character, but man, its so hard. My inquisitor is fine, butā€¦nothing really special. All those that have spell levels to 6 only seems kinda limited. Limited melee figther and limited spell caster.

Has anyone tried a pure figther and know if they are viable? Usually those are heavily outclassed as levels progress with spellcasters being more powerfull

Pure fighters stay viable imo.

The whole ā€œfighters get weaker, casters get strongerā€ thing is more of a table top issue.
Like in PnP a level 18 Wizard can reshape reality. Gravity? He controls it. Planes? He can make his own and travel them at will. Time? He can control it. High level divination spells unfold reality. What is the enemy doing? Letā€™s pick apart reality and find out. Fucking Imprisonment. WISH.

In CRPGs Wizards tend to get literally none of those spells. Heck you canā€™t even fly above the battlefield at 120 feet raining fireballs on everything as it helplessly runs for cover. Now granted something like Wail of the Banshee can be utterly insane. Doing 180 damaged to everything within 40 feet is bonkers. But so is a fighter going after a single target and dealing 400 damage a round or whatever.

Also Mythic Paths narrow that gap even more imo. Mythic Power attack and similar feats scale damage to frankly absurd levels. Now is that better than all my spells on my lich being like DC 36 with +20 spell penetration? Maybe not, but itā€™s more than viable.

The more likely problem is that it might feel ā€œboringā€. You run up and hit stuff. Really, really hard, but still just hitting stuff. Again Mythic Paths help here, giving you wild and crazy abilities that arenā€™t just hitting things. Maybe you move up and then summon something or drop holy fire on stuff. And then you start hitting stuff.

Edit: Just an example:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/discern-location

Imagine this is most CRPGs. ā€œWe donā€™t know where the bad guy is/what he is doing,ā€ is often a key part of a narrative. Discern Location tells you where heā€™s taking a shit. So you can pop 35 spells, teleport to him and drop everything in the universe on him before heā€™s wiping and then be gone in a blink if he somehow survived (probably some version of Contingency so you donā€™t even have to be able to react yourself) . Make sure to use some other scrying method to see exactly what his shitter looks like so you can assure no surprises.

Contingency is another one thatā€™s insane. ā€œIf anyone ever attempts to harm me, teleport me to my safe room in my personal pocket demiplane.ā€