Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

I use leopard as well and have been happy. Like you say, the AC is just fantastic. Has made for a solid offtank to assist Seelah.

How useful are yā€™all finding the companions?

Iā€™ve got Lann sitting at #1, because he is more gun then man. Lann solves problems.

Seelah is big, tough, and effective at damaging single targets.

Regil is somewhat less tough, but carves stuff up good as well.

Grayborā€™s usefulness 100% depends on whether the target can get sneak attacked or not. If so, hoo boy, but I gotta keep him alive.

Soriel is a big slab of buffs. Keep buffing, Soriel. No, more than that. More!

Iā€™m a Bard. I sing, haste, and cast trickster stuff. Itā€™s a living.

Oh, and one small thing: if you play trickster and are wondering whether the turning all 1s to 20s power is worth it, lemme me the voice in your ear that says that Yes, It Is.

Early game, my tieflings is set up to absolutely kill something, or throw out a grease slick.

My opinion matches yours on a lot of those. Special shout out to Ember, though, she is absolutely taking out the trash now. She bypasses fire immunity and DR completely and rarely has her spells resisted at this point. Fire snakes (or whatever the spell is called) absolutely rips through the baddies and leaves allies untouched. Also provides some buffing and backup spot heals for me. She really carried me through the Ivory Tower or whatever that area is called last night.

I just had a bug where everyone could only walk down an invisible tunnel off and under the map.

Super weird and wonky.

I used Toy Box to just kill everyone and then I no longer had a mouse.
So, I guess Iā€™m not getting a +6 Con belt.

Unfortunately I may have hit a progress limitation with the demon mythic path in act three.

Demon Mythic Path Spoiler: basically at some point you get summoned to the abyss and get to hang out in a demon city. Super cool actually you get a bodyguard and everything. At this point there are three main zones that you can teleport freely between. However when I finished zone two and zone three and tried to teleport back to zone one I am instantly gibbed with a game over screen and have to reload. Happens repeatedly. I tried going to zone two again and teleporting to zone one from there - still instant death. I donā€™t even get to see the battle report to see if something hit me. I have a feeling itā€™s more like a collision error -where an NPC is standing right on the spot Iā€™m supposed to teleport into or something like that.

I do have a save before I reach that location and I get the feeling that do you story quest is opt in until I am ready; however you get to play the game of how long until the developers patch it? There are plenty of things for me to do an act three for now.

EDIT: Wonderful - appears to be a new bug - *Spoilers* "Once in Alushinyrra..." quest game breaking bug - #15 by Maul - Bug Reports - Owlcat Games

I take everything bad I said about Nenio back, aside from her being annoying. Sheā€™s phantasmal killered too many bosses to sleep on her any longer. Spellcasters in general just feel like they take a good while to get going in this game due to all the spell resistance and DR but she and Ember are both rolling now.

Damn, man, Iā€™m sorry. What a pain. The bug I was dealing with today was the game would drop to 5fps (not an exaggeration) whenever dialog with an NPC happened and it just got stuck that way. Thankfully blowing out some files like @ShivaX mentioned above fixed itā€¦ for now. One of my companion quests (Nenio) seems bugged, though. I canā€™t talk/interact with her at all anymore when in town.

You definitely need to work on them to get there, but once they get there itā€™s kind of insane at times.

Mythic Spell Penetration with the other 2 feats damned near makes Spell Resistance not exist. Especially with some of the gear that can add to it.

Nenio has to be nuts because I keep seeing gear thatā€™s like ā€œincrease the DC of your illusion spells by Xā€.

I started seeing those same frame drops after todayā€™s patch, only when Nenio was selected in battle, though. I always have the Task Manager Performance tab running on my second display and I noticed that whenever the frame rate plummeted the GPU % use dropped from 80-100% to about 25-30%. Not sure what that means, other than itā€™s no wonder the frame rate dropped out; the video card wasnā€™t being utilized to itā€™s full extent anymore. It wasnā€™t struggling, it just decided it didnā€™t like Nenio.

This is a 2060 Super and has had no problems handling the game otherwise (all settings maxed) after 56+ hours.

Scroll upthread for earlier today and ShivaX has ap post that talks about blowing out a folder to fix a freeze. I wiped it out (keeping saves of course) and I havenā€™t had a framerate drop since. Might work for you too!

Seelah I multied to Gendarme after her 3rd level of Paladin to give her some extra combat oomf. Its tedious sometimes to maneuver the large horse in some maps but in open maps sheā€™s hoofs on wheels.

Camellia I simply splashed a level of master of all to give her some sneak dice and she is a decent enough off tank dual wielding a shield and bashing folk.

Since Daeranā€™s persuasion is so high he is the pre battle buffer / post battle healer and stands around demoralizing everyone during the actual fighting.

Lann and Wendaug I have left pure as they seem fine for their intended roles to me.

Ember I kept pure and just purely puts someone to sleep each round.

Woljif I am playing as a ranged arcane trickster until his mythic magic armor makes him useful in the front lines and then will spec him back to a dagger sneaker.

Nenio is excellent with a few choice mythic perks but stands around useless most of the time until a big bad shows up and if my main canā€™t kill it in time she will.

The rest I havenā€™t had much use for or played around with too much yet. Maybe next playthrough.

I have three different playthroughs at the moment at act 3 not rushing into the more buggy bits at the moment. One is a lvl 3 sacred hound to get the dog/teamwork feat sharing/rest sohei tripper. Riding the mount with the teamwork feats like tandem trip, overwhelm, etc pretty much guarantees a trip against anything that can be tripped.

The second is a ranged sohei that went divine hunter at level one to get the leopard. Flurry of blows crossbow with elemental barrage with the crossbow that facilitates that is lol but not as much control as the tripper.

The third is a build I saw online that combines the pounce of kitsune scion magus with a splash of scaled fist and oracle to get crazy AC to charisma via the nature mystery of the oracle. With the wolf scarred face bite, demon gore, and scythe that damages everyone around its quite the shredder.

I am thinking about trying a build based around the mythic hideous laughter skill. Dirge bard probably so that (in theory) it affects undead as well. A half elf can start with 22 CHA and you can get some serious DC with various items and perks.

ohhh - that sounds fun! I am so bad at this game. I just try to hit people with weapons, and use Haste and Acid Arrow mostly, Bless and Prayer.
Also - Iā€™ve never tried multispeccing a character, since I am afraid to ruin them.

But this sounds really, really cool!

I somehow managed to not start this yet. It fits my tastes perfectly but I donā€™t want to ruin what could be an amazing first time experience because of a bug. Hope they fix most things by December, I can see a several days marathon during the holidaysā€¦

So, I am not going to make any changes but I suddenly had a thought about a Priest of Balance. And making a Dhampir with a Death touched pet, and just going back and forth between healing living and the semi dead.

A Cleric of Gowzon, with a Trident would probably hit itā€™s stride around level 5, when Animate Dead comes to play.

I respeccā€™d my character into a Sword Saint, the same class I ran in Kingmaker. Itā€™s my favorite archetype for this sort of game, in PnP. Something about a spell-casting samurai type that I like. Sadly, it rarely works as well as I want it to, but Iā€™m still liking it more than I did the other, um, three or four varieties of my main character I tried.

The gameā€™s UI could use some work. For instance, when in the level up screens, and picking feats and the like, it would be nice to be able to see what was in your inventory. I can never remember if I have this or that type of weapon when picking weapon feats or specialization. Also, how about listing the schools or types or domains or whatever for spells a bit more clearly, given that so many abilities and feats reference that stuff? Itā€™s just sort of clunky in general.

OTOH, Iā€™m finding the writing to be fairly solid, certainly well above the cringe-worthy level of many RPGs. It ainā€™t Dostoevsky, but itā€™ll do.

After reading that the mythic ability Master Shapeshifter works on kitsune in human form (ie all the time if you want) I really want to do a kitsune bloodrager. Strength would be low at first but as soon as you finish the Gray Garrison you could easily have a stat line of 20, 20, 18, 10, 10, 14.

Is it worth your first mythic ability when compared to something like 19, 14, 14, 10, 10, 14 from a human at the same point in the game? I donā€™t know but I like the question that if you never chose to show up in fox shape are you a fox dreaming you are a person or a person dreaming you are a fox?

Iā€™m about 5 hours into the actual game (10 hours of total playtime). So not too far really. I rolled a Paly which I often do for these DnDish games. But the first party member is a paladin anyway. And the Lawful choices are kind of horrible. The kind of Lawful that has no remorse for lobbing off a childā€™s head when the child illegally spits gum on the sidewalk. Iā€™ve chosen a few Lawful choices, but also had to choose a Chaos one or two due to the Lawful one being such a dick move. Am I setting myself up to get screwed down the road with alignment issues? I like the extra healing my party has with two paladins but donā€™t want to have to keep careful watch over my alignment due to uber-strict definitions of Lawful that the game seems to have.

There are scrolls of atonement for cheap that can fix alignment problems, so you should be OK.

I started as a lich, and due to bad design choices and bugs, I switched to a paladin. I do agree with the above assessment. Most ā€˜moralā€™ choices should not have any kind of real alignment adjustments. Lawful is just about being a prick in this game, for the most part.

Anyway, if you are sticking with a paladin, I went with the angelic path. So far, and from what I can see, its a very boring choice. Its mostly about passive buffs without any real cool abilities. From what I heard, demon is the same way, but evil and the devil path is a hybrid between the two.

I really want to do a lich and swarm that walks run at some point. I have to wait for the bugs to be fixed, especially the no undead troops bug.