Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

Can’t say I’m loving this Psychokineticist I’ve tried out. Feels unwieldy, though I’ve only reached level 3 with him. Decided to go with this subclass and name him Aiken Drum and play as a bit of a rogue (Azata) after my cavalier being a bit of a lite paladin.

The “gotcha” fights are really a downer. I suspended my playthrough that got the farthest (a sword saint to just after the siege) and started anew, this time with a clearer vision and more patience (I hope). Going with a simple Monk, quarterstaff variety. This of course after, um, 100 hours in the game on mostly one or two other characters. I still have my other saves but I keep hitting encounters like the one described above where my choices are infinite reloads until the right numbers come up or use Toy Box to zap the bad guys.

I started my new campaign and I may have hit another bug with the Crusade mechanic. For some reason I can’t recruit any new troops? I can click the Recruit button, they’re there but are greyed out. I let time spin for a bit and got the “!” notification that there were new recruits available and… still can’t recruit anything. This is at the beginning of Act2 shortly after the Crusade mechanic starts.

I don’t recall having to do anything else at this point other than have the resources. Am I missing something or is my game bugged out already?

EDIT: Restart of the game fixed it. Phew. Also, FFS, Owlcat, get your shit together.

hah, I just had this too. I’m guessing it affects everybody.

My Sohei technically has a mount but I started with one level of Sacred Huntmaster (inquisitor) so that I could pick a dog instead of a horse and treat it as if I had a normal animal companion. He’s a tripping fiend and a great meat shield so far and a monk is fast enough that I don’t think mounting up would matter.

I’m really stuck in teh Drezen dungeon looking for the correct sword of valor banner. I found the fake one that spawns a bunch of demons, but there’s a locked door in that same room I cannot open and nowhere else to progress in the entire dungeon.

If the fake banner is north, you need to go thru the west door in that chamber, I believe the key to that door is in a chest in the same room.

So far yes. Heck they’ll even warn you if a companion quest isn’t done apparently.

It’s possible you can miss it, I guess, but it’s pretty good about saying “this is gonna be the end of this Act”.

My first game I had Seelah take Sacred Weapon or whatever it’s called. This time I took a mount instead to play around with that. I would have made that pick a long time ago if I realized that Seelah drove around inside the horse like it was a tank!

I’m assuming the shield up top is like the hatch on top of the tank? Too bad she’s not as good with a bow as Lann, I could run around and shoot that thing like it was a .50 calibre machinegun.

On my current run I have Seelah on the horse as well, and it’s much better than the Divine Blade bond thing IMO. Lumpy the Mule Boy hits like a truck.

I didn’t realize that if you hit the tower before defending the Inn, you get a few scenes with a future member of the party.

Heh, I would hover my mouse over the door and get a 0% lockpick symbol up, which made me think it couldn’t be picked and I couldn’t enter it. I read your post, reloaded the game, that chest was empty, I probably ran around the dungeon 1-2x more times and out of frustration finally just clicked on the door and it opened. #@!$# Not sure if I was more mad at the game or myself.

Btw i have trusted fextralife for RPG advice and etc. But I wonder with them… it seems that they may have a bias. I dunno its a feeling i get from them. I like the main guy telling me how to get my warrior up to cred. Then i just don’t know…oh well I am sure its nothing.

I’ve run into a bug where pause doesn’t work anymore.

Restarting the game fixes it, but it’s happening basically every fight now. Also I keep having invisible walls for some of my characters. Had the same issue at the end of Act 2 with a certain big guy, but loading from the save made by the bug report fixed it. Here only going to RTWP fixes it. Only… oh right no pause.

Then some dude drops Sirocco on me and I can’t dispel it because Point Dispel Magic is 100% jank and random.

Has anyone found the identity of the crazy Elvin woman?

You meet her near a tree in wintersun. This starts the quest. Then supposedly after you go to the ivory sanctum and return to Desden, you will meet someone from the Order of the flaming lance and have a conversation with them to advance the quest, which will re-direct you to follow this order leader to find their leader or some such.

So I finished the ivory sanctum, and I am not sure if the leader has shown up yet. Maybe he did and maybe I didn’t have the right conversation with him? I am not sure. Anyway people say he stands near the temple in the city. In any case my quest is still on the first stage and this Order dude is no where to be found. Anyone have an idea?

Has anyone solved those tile quests? I followed a guide on one I found on you tube, but even though it seemed like I did everything right, nothing happened. No door opened or anything when placing all the tiles. I also would be curious to what happens when you solve all the puzzles. There is some power of creating quest thingy that seems important.

Yes that one sat in my log a long while before someone showed up and I was able to go back for her. I think it was when I returned/rested one time in Drezen and the NPC to nudge it forward showed up in the throne room, if I remember correctly?

I have no idea what’s up with those tile puzzles. I typically have to “solve” the first one a few times until it finally works. Maybe I just don’t understand it. The later tile puzzles I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do because I couldn’t find any pieces to put in them? Given how my first playthrough was plagued with so many bugs I didn’t really have the patience to try to figure out where I was even supposed to start. I had no idea if I was missing something obvious or if that too was bugged.

I solved all the puzzles using online guides - I long ago lost the patience to figure that shit out on my own. Each puzzle has its own little treasure room that usually offers a weapon.

If you complete them all you get a bit of background on the Storyteller and a caster helm that I felt was slightly inferior to the +6 stat ones I was using so it stayed in the bag.

The first puzzle room had tiles in a jar to place on the ground. Are there supposed to be tiles in the other linked chambers? I never understood what I was supposed to do, figured it was bugged or I missed something. Either way I didn’t have the patience to keep trying to figure out how to even get started, let alone actually solving them!

Somewhere in the third act there is at least 1 location ( **Shrine of Sacrilege?) that you can only find via Perception check - at the back of the cave there is an ornate chest that has like 12 green tiles. No puzzles associated with them at that location, so I figure these tiles are the pieces for the puzzles you reference.

That’s probably what I missed. Thanks!