Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

I found a bug. One of the coolest Trixter abilities is to make any item you find with a + actually +1 better. The item’s name does not change, just its enhancement. Armor and weapons have an additional tooltip to show this, but not all items do. For example, I have three Wisdom headbands in my inventory. Two are +2, that I got before I got the Trixter ability, and one is +3 because I found it later.

If I equip unequip the +3 headband it gets stacked with the +2 ones and is effectively gone. I’ve seen this happen with a +2 / +3 breastplate too.

Probably won’t get fixed for months.

I had a mod that added Armored Might (which was a thing on Table Top). I was mostly using it to fix Exploiter Wizard issues, but Armored Might and fixing Crane Wing and similar stuff is just better at the end of the day, imo.
It’s beyond silly that it isn’t there given the lack of melee Mythic options worth a damn.

IIRC it also added some fighter advanced weapon/armor stuff at least a couple of which can help with AC (at least if you’re a fighter anyway).

For some reason when leveling my party from 12 - 13 everyone goes through fine except for Sosiel who suddenly is being leveled to 19. Have to allocate like 14 attribute points and his feat selection takes the level 19 warpriest slot (skipping 5 levels). Hmm. Probably because I respected him from Level 1 with a mod.

I’ll have to search for that and install it. The lack of melee and durability mythics is weird to me. Getting Ascended Element or Mythic spell pen on a caster is huge but for melee it’s like… I don’t know, do I take +1AC from Mythic Dodge? That’ll surely help against these twits with +60 attack. :)

Since it’s not on Nexus and thus a pain to find.

So on my Monk play through (level 10 now) I chose the Aeon path. You know, the “I am the law” Judge Dredd one. Oy vey. I mean, I’ll play it out for the heck of it, but you really end up being pushed into some truly stick-up-the-butt silliness. Any sort of long-term nuanced consideration of law and order seems to be marginalized at best and flat-out rejected at worst, leaving you to always be a half-assed Aeon I guess. I have no clue if the things you do or don’t do actually matter much though.

Ugh, that sucks.Thanks for mentioning it. I haven’t yet taken that ability (likely not to the right level yet, or prerequisites or something) but I’ll watch for it as it’s almost certainly one that would catch my eye.

I’m playing the Trickster path with my Knife Master and am pretty much loving the wackiness that it brings. Even the Crusade is wonky with a Harum-Scarum war.

Sure, there are glitches, but there is extreme depth of story and world-building in this game, just like Kingmaker. The scale feels grand even if the actual footprint of maps is relatively small (at this point), and there is a lot of lore to take in. That’s not even mentioning the companion backstories and quests, which also feel fresh and diverse. I’m very much enjoying it.

Do you have to take ever lawful option?

Yep, all this too.

Well, that’s my question sort of, as there is minimal feedback. Every few decisions or days or something you go to the magic mirror in your room and see how you did. So far I’m sucking as the avatar of law for sure. But I have no idea if there are any consequences really.

The way the thing seems to push you is to take the most extreme lawful options only, even if they are both ultimately chaos-causing and inhumane.

So I am finishing up act 4 and get my next mythic rank. I am thinking Sosiel might want a pet and I heard leopards are good. So I choose the nature thing and get the leopard. Then I level it up and its a level 2 useless pet. Is this a bug or once I get some XP the thing will level like crazy?

Seelah has a horse that is the same level of her. It seems like your pet should be on the same level as its owner.

Created a psychokineticist since the first few acts are more polished and I really like Act 1, figured I’d play with builds that I see fleshed out on YT videos, and unlocked the trickster mythic path for mr. Aiken Drum. No idea if it’ll synergize well, but sometimes I care more for flavor and thematics than min/maxing. Any comments on this path, has anyone tried it yet?

I’ve been hankering for a big Balduresque rpg which brought me to this thread. I have the time and inclination to tackle only one of these every few years. The last one I played was DOS 2 which I enjoyed.

I have Kingmaker from a Humble Bundle and POE 2 from some sale some-when. Is this one much of an upgrade over those? I liked the turn based model of DOS 2.

Right now, Kingmaker is the better game.

Hopefully that changes with patches and DLC.

If you only play one game every few years, then my take is to go with PoE2, with the DLC added. That’s a solidly huge game, and you can also play it in RTWP or TB modes. Not to slight Kingmaker, but Kingmaker’s kingdom management is a toss of the die whether you’ll enjoy it or not. Wrath is still a work in progress to iron out the kinks, while PoE2 has been out for a while, polished up, and will give you a lot of enjoyment (it’s one of my faves, so I’m biased).

If your main is a skill monkey than I think bit of luck/trickster has a good thematic synergy. The main draw is the ability to focus on a “skill” for a variety of affects. Athletics rank 2 virtually guarantee’s you make all saving throws for example. I am focusing on persuasion that at rank 1 incurs shaken on enemies with a 10+ranks in persuasion, level 2 paralyze, and lvl 3 they simply commit suicide. It is fairly effective at controlling/killing mooks. I believe UMD provides a +1 bonus to all magic items found so it’s flexible to what you want to do. It certainly does not have the spell book flexibility of angel or lich but my main is a man of action.

Due to bugs I’ll regretfully agree but at least through Drezen (8th or 9th level / mythic 3) I’m finding WotR to be better at sucking me in. Even with the bugs I want to keep playing.

I also want to try some alts and I’m conflicted on whether they will ruin the early game for me through repetition.

All of this.

I found out the pet thing was a bug. When I got my kitty, it would only level up to 2, even though the owner was level 16. However, when the owner got to level 17, the kitty also got to level 17.

If you’re respecing a lot of times a respec will stop at level 2, then if you open inventory or the like the levels will wander in. No idea why.