Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

You should survive the encounter though - think of it as a story bit.

You donā€™t have to kill it, just survive.

This was interesting.

I applaud the work that went into this but that kind of thinking is also a huge drain on my interest. I absolutely go nuts over math and stats and such throughout my daily life; when it comes to games, though, I just want to have fun and forget about all the detailed management that would be needed to make this work.

I actually asked about Playful Darkness up-thread, wondering how I could possibly make it through. If the answer had been anything like this post, I would have just been a tad frustrated at a game design that would need it, even if it is optional. Likely would have moved on and ignored it as best I could.

Iā€™m very much anti extreme difficulty. I get that some find the accomplishment to be a big part of playing their character build; not for everyone, for sure. I want to experience every aspect that the game offers otherwise, even if that means turning down the difficulty so the near-impossible battles become just mildly difficult.

The big take-away for me was to use Finnean. But PDs not too hard. Use summons and prioritize the Last Stand mythic ability for any melee.

Noticed a new, small, patch that fixed a few things (like pits in TB mode).

And, um, something big coming? DLC?

Anyone whoā€™s finished the game have any good advice for Act 3? Act 1ā€™s overall main objective was clear, as was Act 2ā€™s, but here early in Act 3 Iā€™m honestly not sure what to do. Iā€™ve got a ton of quests that poured in, Iā€™ve got demon armies all over the place, towns to build, and Iā€™m leery as shit of moving my party or my single super-stack army too far from Drezen. Will demon armies sack the city if I move too far? Iā€™m asking because I see them moving around, mainly coming toward Drezen from the west.

Cool. That was certainly my first impulse, just wasnā€™t sure if it was safe and Act 3 is a bit overwhelming with everything that gets thrown at you.

About the crusade armies, Iā€™ll toss in that I tend to expand a radius out from Drezen, and the army strengths really dictate where you can go next until you have your stack-of-doom powerful enough to overcome any of them.

I love that they added an infirmary capacity bar. I only noticed it after last patch but it may have been there for a bit since I was in the Abyss. That lets me decide when to use the Cure Wounds spell so taking apart my armies piecemeal isnā€™t a thing.

Aside: Oh, um, wow. Hit Shrine of the Three and that wasā€¦interesting. Iā€™ll have to do it again as I didnā€™t make it through the first time, although it was close. Now that I understand my objective it should be easier (the blank ā€˜Acceptā€™ notice didnā€™t help at the beginning; wonder what it was supposed to say).

At least this one wonā€™t be as bad as the Playful Darkness, I anticipate. Too bad I gave up my Mythic abilities of the Trickster as I had some pretty nice crowd control paralyzing happening for a while.

So Iā€™m back to playing and just about to attack the Grey Garrison. Iā€™m trying to finish up some quests and eventually looked online to see where Kaylessa is, but sheā€™s not there. I made sure Forn back at the tavern is still asking me to find her. Is there a way to see if I already talked to her and missed it? . Thanks

Same problem, but she showed up on her own later.

Ok, I tried not to read too far into this storyline and just see where to find her, but did notice this might be the case. Still weird that it shows as an uncompleted quest, but Iā€™ll just mop up the other lingering quest and head off. Thanks

Iā€™m looking in the Market Square in the spot one of the guides points to and she isnā€™t there. Unless you mean the square where the initial demon attack happened. Iā€™ll check there. thx

I think Iā€™m in Act 5 and have to manage the crusade again? Whatā€™s the best way to trivialize these encounters, cuz Iā€™m not interested in managing these anymore. Love the storyline and exploring still but want to skip past the crusade.

Crusade has its own difficulty setting. Try lowering it.

I have advice for anyone playing an arcane caster lich. For your first lich power pick death of elements, which makes all your elemental damage negative energy. Then pick up the epic power ascendant element for negative energy.

I did NOT pick up that death of elements as my first power and as a result my main character as a wizard is fairly weak. I use bone breaker mostly it is kind of crappy. Meanwhile Nenio has an ascendant element of fire and is kicking ass with those controlled fireballs.

I am in act 4 and I need one more mythic rank before I can get that next lich power. So most of the game will be done by the time I can use Death of Elements.

Your options are to turn it off or turn the difficulty down in game settings or thereā€™s a mod you can download that auto-wins all battles.

Yeah, about that Wintersun village boss fight inside the hall. . .wish I could auto-buff like that too. Good grief, the devs really like pulling random crap out of nowhere that will just wipe you in a single round.

Third playthrough completed! Got the Secret ending. Phew. Such a sphincter moment getting to the very end and not being sure if you did all the dozens of steps leading up to it correctly ā€“ even with the aid of a guide.

I went with the Demon mythic path and it does have some satisfying moments. Like slaying Noticula and becoming the ruler of Alushinyrra.

But at the same time when Act 5 starts apparently youā€™re now the leader of the demonsā€¦ attacking the other demons? Drezen is filled with friendly demons whether you like it or not. That wasnā€™t really how I wanted it to go. I was generally a ā€œgoodā€ demon and thoroughly enjoyed killing other demons and really wanted to kill all the demons walking around Drezen. But I couldnā€™t. Weird and kinda lame.

My Spawn Slayer with the crit-focused fauchard was OPAF and could pump out over 1000 damage a round. I killed a certainly demon lord too quickly before I could plink them with a Midnight Bolt so I had to do it again.

Not sure what to do next. I want to do a Paladin / Angel run, but I did 3/4s of Angel on my first playthrough. I also really want to try a Cavalier / Legend but mounted combat remains buggyā€¦

Going Legend after being Trickster for most of the game at least allowed me to take my Knife Master and dual-class with a Kineticist, which was a tough decision to make but kind of fun to jump on 17-18 levels all at once (although time-consuming to do all the leveling). Havenā€™t had the chance to really play it much yet but I wanted to add something entirely different to the mix. I miss some of those wild Trickster Mythic abilities, but it really wasnā€™t meshing well with my Chaotic Good character anyway; itā€™s more aligned with a Chaotic Neutral, I think.

And I finally had to put Camilla down, talking about not meshing. I really tried to reform her but it definitely wasnā€™t going to take and I feel guilty for trying for too long. Itā€™s rather disturbing to have to nix a character that you had since the beginning, though, but makes me enjoy the game more as there are some tough choices here. Same night, my Arueshelae romance hit a new milestone, so it wasnā€™t all bad news.

@Balasarius How do you manage to finish three whole playthroughs? Iā€™m 136 hours into my first game and expect I have a significant amount of time left to go. Playing 14 hour days maybe? Youā€™re three people working in shifts? Boggles.