Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

Am I wrong to be moving toward the belief that Shatter Defenses is damn near a requirement for pretty much all Characters Wot 'it Fings? The effective to-hit bonus is just enormous on so many enemies.

Go home autocorrect, youā€™re drunk.

So I started over after playing a bit of that sohei monk in the Maze. Iā€™m sick of charge and mounted combat being so buggy, despite the temptation of spirited charge giving double damage. So. . .

I went with a traditional monk, aasimar, farmhand for scythes, 17 STR, 16 DEX, 10 CON, 13 INT, 16 WIS, and 7 CHA. Second level was a hex channeler witch for the Iceplant and lizard familiar (plus spells like mage armor), and took him to the inn and dinged 3rd, where I went Vivisectionist for the STR mutagen to offset combat expertise and defensive stance creating negatives on my attack rolls and its spontaneous casting and stealth attacks. Red Dragon Disciple probably coming soon once I get 5 ranks into Lore (Arcana). Thatā€™ll give another 2 to my AC and a +2 to STR, which will hit 20 at 4th level.

Dragon Disciple is so freaking good. I may go down either a Mutation Fighter or Spawn Slayer rabbit hole with Stigmatized Witch 1 for the +3 natural armor bonus of Iceplant and Lizard, DD 4 for all the awesome reasons one gets DD4, and then the rest in whatever martial class for maximum murderizing. Youā€™re basically writing off your crappy Witch spells, but cā€™est la vie.

I do think itā€™ll ultimately work better as a heavy-armor STR build; otherwise youā€™re just spreading your points way too thin. Alternatively you could do DEX with a Scaled Fist monk and Stigmatized Witch 1, but either the feat tax will be intense with picking up Weapon Finesse and whatever Grace feats, or youā€™re stuck with the Amulet of Agile Fists forever. You do get Flurry, though, which is great.

Also, is it just me or does Regill (and, frankly, double weapons and Hellknights) basically suck compared to other melee builds? Damage and AC are both uninspiring and thereā€™s just not a lot to recommend him over even a middling melee character like Seelah.

He always felt a little lacking to me, yeah.

I think Iā€™m preemptively hitting end-game without meaning to do so.

I was roaming the map doing the quests I had available and since I was going by Iz I thought Iā€™d check on Galfrey and see if I could help her out. But, within, it looks like Iā€™m going to be having a final battle with the big bad of the game. Am I not supposed to be here yet? Thereā€™s still a lot of stuff I feel I have to do in the main map. Can I (or should I) exit Iz and come back later to continue? All I did so far was help save the camp with Hulrun and the Sword of Valor banner, and then went into one of the multi-level houses nearby and was clearing that. I donā€™t think I did anything major yet, but Deskari is on site somewhere and I was given a choice that I think I decided by helping Hulrun and the crusaders.

Sometimes the things I do in this game make me go hmmmmm, I donā€™t think I was supposed to do that.

Double weapons suffer because you canā€™t use weapon finesse with them. And since you need high dexterity to use two handed weapons, outside of Ranger, itā€™s a bit of a waste.

There is a feat that letā€™s you use intelligence instead of dexterity but I donā€™t think itā€™s in WotR (Artful dodge). And there is a 3rd party mod that replaces it with Strength that call of the wild added.

Gnome Ranger might work.

Areelu said you had three objectives and implied you had choose which ones to do first or there would be consequences. I think leaving at this point would be very bad. Just finish the map.

Regill is fine with his double weapon.

Heā€™s adding his Dex bonus to his AB and with Weapon Finesse (Mythic) he adds his Dex bonus to damage.

The neoseeker guide says to make him a Primalist because Hell Knight sucks. Which I do. I also give him a level of Rowdy because holy shit I love sneak attacks.

That is good to know.

I have my prejudice from 3.5, so I never looked deeply at the Fighter class.

Got to say, I kind the subclass he has. The extra skill points are always welcome.

Mightā€™ve run into a snag with my proposed character build. The RDD needs to spontaneously cast arcane spells, which to my knowledge limits me to sorcerer and magus. But my build only has a charisma of 7, which means neither class tree would let him actually cast a spell (his spellbook page should show a 0/0 available spells to cast even after a rest). Not sure if this would trick the requirement for RDD or not.

Either of the spontaneous witches works.

Which ones are those? I had already picked Hex Channeler and that doesnā€™t count.

Fextralife says the Stigmatized witch is one, but uses Charisma, which puts me back in the same bad spot as Magus and Sorcerer.

Edit: ah, Leyline Guardian is also a spontaneous caster. Iā€™ll have to switch his one Hex Channeler level over to that class when I respec.

Thereā€™s a sorcerer that uses INT. Sage Sorcerer, I think itā€™s called.

Uh. Is this enemy army bugged? Itā€™s a five-strength bunch of incubi, but the enemy general is shooting fire at my dudes every round for 329d6 damage. Thatā€™s, uh, not super realistic.

Also: Camellia has gone from ā€œfineā€ to ā€œreally quite effective, dang!ā€ somewhere between levels 6 and 8. She doesnā€™t even suck at melee any more. Huzzah!

Greater Enduring Spells is a Thing, wow. I ainā€™t even mad about it.

Just finished up Lost Chapel, obviously. That was a fun adventure!

Apparently that army is just a thing. God Crusade is dumb.

In other news, any idea why my character is getting a +3 ā€œOtherā€ bonus to AC, but seems to be missing her wisdom to AC from Monk (should be +4)? Iā€™m guessing some dumb bug, but itā€™s always something with this damn game.

Sheā€™s not wearing armor (she has the Silky Veil shirt equipped). Same behavior with Mage Armor on/off. Sitting comfortably at Light encumbrance. Grumble, grumble.

LOL, just figured it out. Equipping then unequipping armor changed it to +4. Bet you anything the idiot game is loading her Wis->AC bonus before applying the +2 Wisdom from her Aasimar heritage.

You can with Regilā€™s. He tore things apart in my Lich run with it. Tabletop tweaks mod takes him from good to insane by adding in all the crazy stuff Fighers can do with Weapon Training.

Just remember Hellknight is garbage and more than 3 levels is usually worse than 3 levels in Fighter.
Most people stop at 2-3. Once his Armor Training gets high enough his AC gets really solid since he has piles of Dex.