Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

What difficulty are you playing on, because the monsters I am talking about general have saving throws in the 30s.

I am not saying the phantasmal killer never works. It does, but takes a fair amount of luck to get it to stick , and toward the end of the game most mobs are immune to mind affecting stuff, but whatever. I have not found those spells to work very well for me.

Thatā€™s a lotta DC.

That is a trick. If you take a level in class that provides an animal companion, then all levels stack, even if you would get a different animal companion type with the current class.
So, if you take a Beast Cavalier, and take a Wolf, when you later switch to the Sohei, I think you have the decision to stick with wolf or grab the horse. They all stack though.

It is, and I have no idea how he got it so high. The base DC for a level 9 spell is 19 + int modifer, so even if he got another 10 out of that, its 29 and then he must have a bunch of gear. I have found a ring that improves it by +2, and a few other things, but they do not always stack.

So if Seelah has a wolf from a cavalier, then when her paladin level gets to the point of a pet or sword, she can have a choice between a horse and wolf? Or she chooses the holy weapon option and her wolf continues to level up?

Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, Mythic Spell Focus, that should give +4, correct?
So, thatā€™s 23 before Intelligence bonuses.

I want to say - Wolf or Sword, but it might be Wolf/Horse or sword.
Definitely, Wolf is an option.

Iā€™m just sad that my Bloodrider now has a stupid horse. I was freakin HeMan for a while.

They just need a character builder so you can put stuff together and see what happens without having to actually level them up, then save it as a template that you can follow in game.

Is there a way around all the mind immune stuff? I know about the elemental thing that bypasses fire resistance and immunity. Is there a thing for illusions as well?

Iā€™ve just been rebuilding my 7th level character a bit.

Probably do something else those turns. Maybe cast Fireball or Haste?

If she had a pet/mount from another class and then chose holy weapon the pet/mount wouldnā€™t level up any more unless you do the limited additional levels available through the boon companion feat.

I have Lann as a Zen Archer 3 + Drovier Druid so he has a pet leopard. I suspect it isnā€™t a great pairing but through Act 3 heā€™s still effective with his bow even if the druid spells havenā€™t been that great so far. Boon companion and then the mythical beast feat turns it into a stunningly effective tank. I thought I was going to take summoning beats feats but I havenā€™t really used his summoning abilities since my normal 6 member party plus two pets is already clogging many areas.

Nope. The only thing is Undead Bloodlines letting you affect undead as far as Iā€™m aware.

Not that it matters much. Nenio regularly one shots greater demons with a level 4 Phantasmal Killer and then there is always Persistent PK. Mind immune guys exist, but really theyā€™re fairly rare.

Iā€™m on Core and the only stuff with Will Saves that high are bosses or very strong caster demons.
And even then Persistent Phantasmal Killer has a relatively decent chance of mercing them right out of the gate. Even a 20% chance of instant death is really high at the end of the day.

You guys, hear me out. I have the build. (cc @John_Reynolds)

Motherless Tiefling

• +DEX, +WIS (kind of a dump stat, but still Will saves)
  • Bite attack
  • Hey, some elemental resist never hurt
  • Alternatively, Kitsune - get +CHA and +DEX, but -STR really sucks.

Stigmatized Witch 1 / Wolf-Scarred Face

• Bite attack
  • Mage Armor (for Archmage Armor, eventually)
  • +3 AC (lizard + iceplant hex) (also the iceplant ring will be great)
  • Spontaneous Arcane CHA caster for DD

Scaled Fist Monk 6

• CHA to AC
  • Flurry of Blows x2 (for Unarmed)
  • Free trips

Dragon Disciple 4

• +4 STR
  • +2 AC
  • Energy bite!
  • Slightly more Witching

Spawn Slayer 9

• Sneak attacks with three bites and double flurry are gonna roxxor the boxxor
  • This build is about hitting things, and Slayers are super super good at hitting things

Mythic

• Brutality Incarnate - ignore DR with natural & unarmed attacks
  • Archmage Armor - duh
  • idk whatever thing help with the murderizing

Downsides

• You need enough stats that youā€™re basically going to have to dump INT and WIS both, so basically no skills (especially since you need 5 in Knowledge (Arcana) for DD)
  • BAB is -2, but the DD STR makes up for it
  • Need to rely on someone else applying Shaken probably so you can Shatter Defenses - Persuasion probably wonā€™t be high enough to do it effectively and will be feat-starved

I think you could just take 20 levels of the Elemental Rampager.

If you wanted to suck at hitting things and have a shitty AC, true, you could just take 20 levels of Elemental Rampager.

The +4 strength for Mythic Shapeshifter, plus and extra +5 for Greater Magic Fang should more then make up the difference. Plus, all your attacks deal an extra 4d6 elemental damage or so.

But maybe the plus 3 BAB makes a difference.

So do you actually get both bite attacks with that combo per round?

All three, yeah. You get all your bites, itā€™s silly.

Druid is going to be much weaker in melee, unless Iā€™m missing some spell that gives +10 AC or so and a bunch of extra attacks. Full spellcasting, so youā€™ll have some other stuff to do, but honestly I donā€™t see the melee abilities as being remotely close.

Half orc is a thought. I feel like itā€™d be weaker than Tiefling overall with the feat cost. Intimidate bonus tho, and skills or saves.

Barbarian or Primalist can get a bite with a rage power, but I think youā€™re well into diminishing returns and would be better off with some the sneak attack and target bonuses from Slayer.

What do the 6 ranks in monk get you? Double flurry of blows?