Pathway by Robotality

The Soundtrack in this is outstanding! Actually, all of the sound design is great.

The studio really captured the Indiana Jones aesthetic and tone. Having a great time so far. Only thing I am missing is some form of overwatch. Though, that might be a skill for a particular character or something discovered at a later stage (not sure).

Edit: Actually, a version of overwatch is in the game it seems, as snipers can use something like that, though limited by a bravery resource. Yay!

I also got a monocle as one of the treasures after a mission.

Yes I think I will gather up my coins and grab this. Pixel art? Gunplay? Nazi killing? Turn based?

No switch version in the works yet according to the publisher:

I’ve only seen some videos, but what you say about the sound design is right on. Of all the weird things to hone in on, the sound of picking up and selecting objects is spot-on and intensely satisfying. Does that make me weird? I haven’t even focused on the music so I’ll do that when I end up picking up the game.

I know it’s just out, but can anyone chime in on what the replayabilty is like?

I picked this up last night on GOG and have played through part of the first adventure. So far, I like it a lot. The combat is a bit simplistic early on but I have only 2 characters in my party and they haven’t earned any skills yet so I assume that will open up as I add more characters and skills.

I did use the sprint skill that one character had a couple of times in a battle and it made a huge difference. I’ve been outnumbered in all my battles so far so the trick is to maneuver so you are taking on one at a time and you have a 2 on 1 fight each time.

Glad I bought this.

The game is built around replaying the campaigns. I’ve not played much yet so I can’t say anything conclusive, but it seems to me to be about as replayable as FTL - Faster Than Light and Renowned Explorers: The International Society. Have you played any of those?
The game has 5 campaigns as of now, and you unlock the next by beating the previous one. From what I’ve seen, the later campaigns are larger in scope.

The nodes you visit during any given run are mostly randomized, and there is a carryover between games on what equipment and experience your team members have. So if you spend your grenades in one run you need to find or buy new ones in order to get more grenades for the characters who can use them.

Me too, except I have a lot of stuff to do before I can go home and play. WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE SWITCH!!! Oh, then I’d get nothing good. I am glad it is not on the Switch. Sort of.

I can’t speak with certainty, but I imagine there will be some degree of replayability. There are a bunch of Adventures which are the large maps filled with randomized pip locations you travel through. When you start an Adventure you need to recruit characters from a large pool, and each character has different gear, skills, attributes, and so on. You also discover gear of different rarities during missions to swap out and manage. I failed the first adventure near the end and I am replaying with different characters and gear which is a whole new experience (since the ones I used were in the hospital).

Importantly, when you start an Adventure there are sliders to adjust enemy strength/health, resource scarcity, and time of day so you could make future playthroughs much more challenging.

Absolutely agree! So good and satisfying.

Even the enemy death wails and moans sound like something heard in an Indiana Jones movie. Just the right touch of the pulpy exaggeration.

Both. And enjoyed them, although I have never won FTL in ~30 hours of playing.

I played this for a bit last night and it’s fantastic. It looks incredible, I love the art style here and the colors and light are just perfect, the action was fun (the two characters I picked had fun stuff like burst fire and low profile to spend “Bravery” on, and one guy started with what may be the most satisfying grenade of 2019). I explored the map a bit and managed to complete that first mission on my first try, so I’m not sure if that bodes well or poorly for the game’s longevity on my hard drive, but as long as it keeps being fun I’ll keep playing it.

The Anno 1800 beta kept me from playing it more last night, but I plan on sinking a lot of time into it over the weekend.

My name is Jørn Weines and I approve of this statement.

PSA: You can use repair kits and bandages on the overland even if your team members doesn’t have the skills.

I also managed to complete the first adventure on one try though it was tight. The female medic I chose had next to no armor and died in a battle before I got to the end objective location. I was able to squeak through the final battle with the help of a stray dog that I found after she died. He was a very good boy.

Though I had unlocked the second adventure, I played through the first one again with a different crew. The second adventure is a 2 skull mission so I wanted to repeat the 1 skull mission to get more XP and equipment before taking that on.

The good news is that the missions are pretty heavily randomized so it played out quite a bit differently the second time and I had an easier time of it. Both my characters lived the second time.

One of the guys I picked for the second run was the shotgun expert and I’d picked up a nice shotgun on my first run so I wanted to give him a try. The shotgun was one-shot killing the enemies which was awesome. He also managed to kill 2 and wound 1 with a shotgun blast special attack. The double kill earned him an achievement and a 50 XP bonus.

Liking this more and more. It’s just my kind of game.

Really appreciating the impressions, guys. I finally picked up Baldur’s Gate 2 and Torment from steam on account of the 75% off sale, but I may just have to squeeze together enough for this one, too. It absolutely sounds like my jam.

I’m loving it, and will say it’s probably the perfect complement to a game like BG2 or Torment, because you can dive in for 30-60 minutes between sessions with the bigger games. Very easy and fast to dive into, I think. I’m going to try a run of the first mission again with different characters to level them up as well, same as @Jorn_Weines mentioned doing, I think.

Does equipment you find, like I found a rare Pistol with great numbers on it, stick around? I found this pistol at the end of my first mission run, and wonder when I’ll see it again - is it in the jeep when I start the next mission? Can I lose it, if I don’t use it, or if I do use it and fail the mission?

I failed the first Adventure near the end. Any equipment that was stored in my jeep was still there and available to use when I started the Adventure again with new recruits. Which was nice since I found a rare quality SMG.

That’s awesome. It seems like anything you earn or find, from XP to money, keeps with you even if you “lose” which is really nice. I’m not down for a super hard experience here, I just want to have fun and have an adventure, which seems to be what the devs are going for as well.

On my second run through the first adventure I found a rare gun that has a -1 Intelligence modifier on it. So, it appears that the equipment you find can also modify character attributes.