Pathway by Robotality

I was being dense, and missed the “Level Up” box above the character (didn’t catch my eye for whatever reason). I was just going straight into the Skill Tree which bypasses that needed step. Thanks again for responding!

I’ve been playing this a bit now and then in between other things, mainly doing the first adventure with different characters. I had a very good run where I thought I had the the second adventure in the bag, but it all fell apart within the first rounds of the battle. I’ll get them next time.

If it makes you feel any better, this escaped me for a good while as well, I kept wondering if they had to gain another level to then select a skill, like the first level gain just gave them access to the tier or something.

Ha! I am not a UI designer by any stretch, but I do think the ‘Level Up’ button could maybe have been repeated in the Skill Tree menu or better highlighted.

Otherwise, I am still playing and loving this game. I am in the middle of the third Adventure now and was pleasantly surprised how quickly this one ramped up in challenge. I just scraped by the first series of missions since I was used to having four characters by the end of Adventure two and was now back to just two.

Through serendipity I settled on ‘Captain Luiz “Piranha” Pereira, Brazilian Steamboat Smuggler’ and ’ Baron von B., German Gentleman Imposter’ as my two main characters. Pereira rushes Nazis and gets right in their face with a powerful shotgun or slits their throats with a knife. Baron calmly and confidently snipes from the distance or provides overwatch for his compatriots.

The little narrative vignettes are great in their Indiana Jones or pulp fiction quality. We stumbled across a Nazi detachment and Baron pretended to be a higher ranking undercover Nazi officer snapping orders at the troops, jovially slapped them on the shoulders, and inquired as to how well supplied they were (taking their fuel and treasures).

I now have 14 hours in this game and have been very pleased with my purchase. Still much more content to get through too.

Still playing here as well. I finally unlocked Shani and she is a beast. I’ve got her up to level 3 now with a legendary cleaver and she will one-shot anything as long as she can reach them. Of course she’s a glass cannon and has been KOed several times so you have to be careful using her. I pair her with Georgette, who’s a sniper/healer and can provide support fire and healing if need be.

I ran those 2 in the 4th adventure and ended up failing my first adventure. My failure was a simple one, I ran out of gas on the 3rd map. I usually have good luck with finding gas but on this one, I couldn’t find much anywhere as rewards and found exactly 2 in the only store I found.

I actually made it all the way into to the third map on foot because I had a ton of healing items. I just barely made it to a trader on the 3rd map but he only had two gas, which got me nowhere. So, I finally had to give up. The good thing was that I found a legendary weapon for Shani on that run, so the loss was worth it.

I immediately did a second run and I found gas everywhere and finished adventure 4 with no real problems. I got a legendary sniper rifle as a reward at the end which was sweet. Shani was using her legendary cleaver on that run to hit undead for up to 160HP a whack. Very satisfying. However, there’s a new Tesla cyborg type enemy introduced in that adventure that is just plain nasty. I had some trouble with them KOing some of my troops.

So, on to the final, 5th adventure. I’m sure it will be a tough one since the difficulty has really been ramping up.

Many changes incoming

Still enjoying this, playing it now and then. I have around 15 hours played so far, and beat the final adventure. I think the game has legs and is good value. I have three characters yet to unlock, and one of them is squatting on a legendary sniper rifle I found during the last mission since you can apparently find and recruit characters that aren’t unlocked yet during runs.

I also found a really good shotgun that pretty much kills anyone on one blast. Fun.

Patch 1.09 is live:

Your prayers have been answered.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pathway-switch/

Ohhhh that looks great, thank you.

Have anyone played it recently, and also did it on release? I’m curious of how the game evolved over the last two years. I know the reception was mixed at best at release.

So I picked up this game and Robotality’s previous game Halfway bundled together on sale on Steam earlier this week. Pathway had always looked interesting, and was in my wishlist, but I kept waiting for it to appear in a Humble Choice or Humble Bundle or Fanatical bundle and it never did. Not sure why, as it seems like the perfect sort of game to appear in such, especially Choice? Then I missed it for free on Epic back in summer of 2020…so when I saw a decent Steam bundle price for both I caved.

I’m glad I did, as I needed a new game I could play in small increments over the next few weeks. Pathway fits that perfectly, and I love the theme, the whole Indiana Jones meets FTL/Jagged Alliance feel (as described by others upthread) and the graphics, music and sound are all charming. Halfway (no pun intended) through the first adventure and I’m loving it. A nice little beer and pretzels strategy/tactical game to entertain for an hour a night before bed.

Been playing this on game pass the last couple of days. I’ve got the supplies turned up and the number of enemies down a notch, so I can just enjoy the experience without stressing too much. But I’ve made a little game out of trying to get through each combat without taking damage, which is providing some entertainment value.

In case you didn’t realize it, equipment carries over and can be given to other people when assembling your next expedition. For instance, after that last mission of the first campaign, I found a nice sniper rifle. It remained in the Jeep inventory when I started the next adventure and I was able to give it to Baron to use (he has that pesky overwatch ability those damn nazis kept using)