Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

I had to right-click and open in a new tab to see where the links lead.

They aren’t listed as active users, that must be why you can’t see their profiles. But anyway, yes they were migrated.

If i recall, at the time of migration, we were informed that accounts would need to be “activated” on the new forums by clicking through an email or something similar, esp. for accounts that had some other issue. I forget the exact details, but I’m sure @wumpus could provide more.

Anyway, point is, if your account pointed to a dead email, or if you just ignored it and never tried to login at all, it never fully became live on the new system. Posts were preserved, but you never gain a full profile or whatever, I guess.

What would it take to make profiles of inactive accounts viewable by ordinary users? Easily doable?

Beats me, bruh.

At least 8 posters there come up as 404 when clicking into profile. I’ve come across tens more just browsing threads that get bumped up or whatever. I recognise some as being banned, but not all or even the majority.

reasing these old post has to feel like tomb raiding :-)

Poor Tom, have to manually update Patreon status - but I appreciate having something fresh to read than the boring old “Patron!” text.

I don’t mind in the least! I would have preferred that you guys could change it at will. But to Discourse’s credit, it’s super easy for me to change a user title.

-Tom

This is like choosing a nickname for yourself. It never ends well.

The “Dwayne Johnson” Rock.

The Artist Formerly Known as @AntediluvianArk

I have made my request… waits patiently in self satisfied glee

I’m having a hard time. @marxeil’s Seinfeld video made me think of “Coco” (which happens to be appropriate considering my real name). And now I’m considering the vey subtle “Patrón”, or the funnier “Patròn”. But I’m also very, very attached to the now old-school title that @stusser granted me after years of my secretly yearning for one. Decisions, decisions.

[EDIT] OMG, I just saw what @ArmandoPenblade’s title is. Great minds and all that…

What do you see it as? Cuz it hasn’t updated on my end and now I am sad :(

It was “Pàtron!” a moment ago. But now it is not.

Are you sure that google didn’t translate the website to Spanish?

I’m not sure of anything anymore.

FAKE NEWS!

Hey, the Friar is back! Nice!