Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

Great to hear! Glad that Patreon listened.

I hope that creators are able to regain the backers they lost.

Thank goodness.

I was hoping they would do something before I pulled out. I didn’t want to be too hasty.

Well, crap. Oh well, I want to keep my Patron badge, so I guess Tom just got some extra support from me for next year via PayPal. I’m not THAT strapped for cash. :-)

Maybe or maybe not, I myself went from backing 9 people down to 3. I increased pledges for the 3 I am backing to equal what I was spending on the 9 people. Now I am too lazy to go back and revert it all. Maybe next month.

So does that mean we’re a “Patron!” again?

I guess not… for some reason I have lost my Q. :(

Obthat’swhatshesaid.

The Patreon stuff might take time to sync back up, assuming you’re using the same email both here and there.

I set that one up pretty good, didn’t I?

While I actually don’t care personally to receive recognition having the silly little eyeball does create a bit of social pressure to contribute, and that recent breaking/reinstating of Patreon here broke my eyeball link. I re-associated my email a couple times and it doesn’t seem to jive.

You are 100% sure that the patreon email and qt3 email matches exactly?

Yeah, not sure what happened. Mine broke too.

I am all for Dave getting his eyeball back, but if something could be done to prevent his avatar from displaying!

Both @Enidigm and @DaveLong’s emails match their Patreon accounts. But for whatever reason, they’re not listed in the Patreon group any longer. I’ve manually put @Enidigm back into the group twice since his icon disappeared. It’s gone again.

Also, there are accounts listed in the Patreon Discourse group that aren’t among my supporters at Patron. There’s something screwy going on with the plugin.

-Tom

Thanks for looking into this.

A couple possibilities: my Qt3 user name doesn’t match my Patreon user name; I don’t log into Qt3 with my Patreon account (my user history would no longer be associated with my Patreon account) but with my Discourse/old Qt3 login ; i have another user account for some reasons (Enidigm1) that maybe is screwing something up? I wonder if having the same email address associated with more than one Discourse account is messing up the script?

Just checking. Yep it looks like it’s associated with this spare account. Let me change the default address…

Ok weird. This account’s email address is not the same as my Patreon address.

Dave Long and Enidigm have duplicate accounts, in Dave’s case through the old Disqus migration.

Since there were only a few posts in these accounts, I reassigned ownership of each post (via the wrench icon on the post) to the primary account and then deleted the dupe accounts. This will help, but I need to check some other things with @vinkas

It is fixed. Now both @Enidigm and @DaveLong have access to the Patrons group.

Also Dave Long’s avatar has been made twice as large.

PRAY I DON’T ALTER IT ANY FURTHER

Thanks!

OMG A STAR TREK REFERENCE